Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How To Unbrand Nokia 5310 XM Blue from Rogers

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310 Music Express
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers (Canada)
    Feedback Score

5310 and uploading software to it...

[QUOTE=PapaJohns]im getting a 5310 soon, i have no idea what you guys are saying is this the only way we are able to put downloaded games from my computer on it?[QUOTE]

You can use PC Suite and/or Nokia Multimedia Transfer (Mac) to load software onto your 5310, right out of the box. The discussion above is about unbranding or debranding. I successfully did mine (after much consternation). Mostly, it will allow you to use mp3 or other ringtone formats that the Rogers branding has locked out. It also means that if you use your phone for internet, you will likely have to manually re-enter your provider's internet settings, which is also available here and is not a problem.

The phone is awesome, BTW!

Feedback Score
    I have a Nokia 5310 And i Power the phone on and is asking for a security code.
    i tipe in 12345 the generic code and it saids is invalid. i also went to http://www.lur.nu/nokia_mastercode/s...59813011507301 this url and it gave me a master code but it does not want to take what can we do in this sittuation can we restore the phone to factoty settings before powering on the device such as motorola or down load the tmobile xpressmusic software?? some one help please thanks.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Hey All
    So I just got this phone (Rogers Canada Red version) and did the debranding using the code 0557166 from Majko's post. Now I've got some other operator's logo on the phone when it starts/shuts down, and I'm only up to version 7.
    Is there any way to return to the Rogers logo or even no operator logo on startup/shut down (just Nokia)? What is the product code for that? If there was a forum post about this, it's been long deleted and can't be searched anymore.
    Finally, can somebody point me in the right direction for reprogramming WAP/MMS codes for Rogers? I found the addresses, but I am not clear where to enter them into this phone.
    Thank you all very much!
    --Databoy2k

Feedback Score
    Try 0556883 for red.

If it's still not up to date you could use the 0558988 for the blue firmware.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Bland, that code unbranded it from everything - thanks!
    I'll stick with that for now - I'm liking the red themes.
    --Databoy2k

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by databoy2k
    Hey All
    So I just got this phone (Rogers Canada Red version) and did the debranding using the code 0557166 from Majko's post. Now I've got some other operator's logo on the phone when it starts/shuts down, and I'm only up to version 7.
    Thank you for taking the chance and trying that code so that I can scratch it off my list. Do you remember what operator it was (CBW maybe?)

Is there any way to return to the Rogers logo or even no operator logo on startup/shut down (just Nokia)? What is the product code for that? If there was a forum post about this, it's been long deleted and can't be searched anymore.
    bland gave you the right default code.

(Please note that I did put in the known default codes and Rogers codes in my original list, though...)

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Majko:
    I'm sorry... I do recall it starting with an M, but that was all (maybe you're more familiar with European carriers than myself).
    Bland's code worked great, though it as well only got me to version 7. I guess the red doesn't have version 9, though reading around it seems like 7 is good enough anyways. Thanks for the help!
    --Databoy2k

Feedback Score
    Can't you just use the blue code, get vesion 9 then load the red theme on the phone?

Feedback Score

Unhappy

I did my blue 5310 no prob. When I tried to do my wifes red 5310 I keep getting an error when I try to read her phone with NSS. The last line of the device info tells me to "please copy the loaders first" Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Last edited by billnc; 02-02-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Feedback Score
    HELP!

I unbranded an unlocked Rogers 5310 Blue using the 0558988 code provided (THANKS) after some juggling around with the NSS & NSU (Vista was giving me LOTS of problems). My FW was updated to 9.xx.

I then restored my backed-up contacts using Nokia PC Suite.

However I am using the phone on Fido and while the phone works for regular calling (as well as setting MP3's for ringtones & alarms), I have come across the following problems:

1) My call display no longer works (for contacts in my phone book or even non-contact phone numbers, number doesn't show up)

2) When I go to my voicemail box, instead of instantly asking for my password, it asks me to input my full number (which after doing so states that my number is not recognized) - so I can't check my voicemail

3) My Call Forwarding no longer works - when people call, they get a message that asks them to enter the number of the person they want to leave a message for (instead of getting my personal message) and then the system states that my number is not recognized

I haven't checked any of the MMS or other internet stuff, but I am assuming that is also messed up and no longer works.

I've been looking for help online all night and trying different things but to no avail. I'm going to call Fido in the morning, but not sure if they'll help me since the phone probably isn't supported since it's not one of their crappy phones.

Can someone help me?

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310-B XpressMusic - Debranded and Updated
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I bought a 5310 last night from T-Mobile. When I asked them if Opera Mini, Google Mail and Google Maps would work, they assured me they would even though I knew they wouldn't. I called T-Mobile support to see if they could help even though I knew they wouldn't. Their solution? Use their email application to send receive email at 15 cents a pop.

That's when T-Mobile became my nemesis. First thing to do is to backup your settings the the micro sd card (this is important, I'll explain later). Then you'll need to change the product code on the phone itself. I'm not sure if this forum allows me to link to such software. Let me know.

Using the software, set it up as a Virtual USB Device. Connect the phone and Scan. Once scanned, press read and check the Product Code. Change it to 0551710 and press Write. If you don't have a red phone, you may need to google a bit for the right color. I think the only thing different is the phone's default theme colors. Once written close the software.

Next, open NSU and update the firmware for the phone. NSU will say it's up to date. Choose re-install and go make a snack.

Lastly, once the phone is reflashed, you'll be greeted to the sweet sound of freedom. The Nokia bootup tone (instead of the orwellien t-mobile tone). Congrats. You're almost there.

Restore from the backup you made so that t-zones connectivity configuration can be restored. Now, browse your apps. Be amazed at what the rest of the world gets by default. Opera Mini. Sensor. WidSets (AWESOME app btw). Download Google Maps and Mail from mobile.google.com.

It's truly amazing how different the land of the free has become.

ALL CREDIT GOES TO USER charged2885 FOR THIS WALKTHROUGH, THESE ARE HIS WORDS, AND THERE EXACTILY WHAT LEAD ME THROUGH TO DEBRAND MY PHONE !
    My Phone Is My Sanity, Communication, Friend Spot, Game Console, Memo Pad, Computer, Calculator, Camera, Mp3 Player, Hobby ....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    no no... just creat a back-up to save the configuraton settings... then restore once unbranded... its so simple.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    ignore last post, it was an accidental mistake. sorry Hofo users.

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310 XpressMusic
    Carrier(s)
    Waiting for Unlock code.
    Feedback Score
    im getting so mad, grrr... i got a couple of ?'s maybe someone can help me with. First why do you have to dl NSU? second, this crappy computer im using (a friends) doesnt have enough free space to install NSU. I have installed NSS, and it never popped up found new hardware but my phone is still connected via mini usb. Okay, when i load nss, it shows a usb driver, but when i click the phone tab, and click scan it says error. grrr... also, i have a red phone, but id rather have the blue themes, could i use the blue code? plz someone help me, ive unlocked it, i have full capability with it, i just dont like that friggin tmobile crap popping up everytime i turn on my phone, and reguardless of that, i use a net10 sim card on it... dont ask how cuz i will not tell you..
    every phone sould come standard with a sim.

Device(s)
    SE Xperia X10 (white)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hey everyone, long time reader first post for me. Just wanted to add a couple important things to this thread for all you out there. I unbranded a Rogers 5310 (Red) last night following the guidelines on here encountering only a few problems. I suggest including these steps in your unbranding quest to make your life easier.

First off, download NSU and Nokia PC Suite and install them. Then make a back-up of all your phone’s data using the PC Suite. This program works great and synchronized everything to my comp wonderfully. I’m not sure if the NSU is necessary if you use the PC Suite because the option to update the phone’s software is included in the program, but I did it the “traditional” way I suppose.

Secondly, I’m running Vista 64-bit and had several problems running NSS correctly. Solution:
    1) Select “Virtual USB” during the install, it was the default first choice.
    2) After install select “NO” to upgrading the driver or w/e.
    3) Run the program in “compatibility mode Windows XP” AND “Disable visual themes”
    4) Run as an administrator
    *I assume this procedure would fix any issues with Vista 32-bit as well.

Finally, I used the latest code 0558988 BLUE (V09.42) for my red 5310 and it works flawlessly. Of course the default themes are all blue, but you can easily dl red ones to your phone (I have no idea if the latest red version V07.01 is different, but I figure the higher the number the better.) After the phone restarts, use the PC Suite to install the backup you made earlier to your “new” phone.

I IMMIDIATELY noticed significant improvements. Boot up time, menus and interface are all WAY faster! Any ringtone, more apps, better calendar and alarm, only the Nokia music player, and the volume on the speaker is RIDICULOUSLY louder! Also greatly improved battery life. Not to mention no more Rogers branding everywhere, good riddance.

Hope that helps, peace

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast