Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: My Review Blackberry Bold 9000

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    87
    Device(s)
    Apple IPhone 3G 16Gb White
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0

    My Review Blackberry Bold 9000

    Here's my review guys. Please Digg my story.

    click here
    |iPhone Plan 75 | 500 min. | unltd. EW @ 7pm | unltd. txt | CD & NM | 250 min Can/US LD | 1 Gb Data|

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    5,062
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    One very interesting thing about the Bold that I did not know:

    "GPS:

    The Bold is one of the first smartphones to include an independent GPS unit. This always it to give directions and offer GPS location outside of cell signal. Of course that compared to A-GPS location locking is slower."

    I think the above should say..... "this allows it to give ........" This is very sweet. I wonder if we will be able to store maps on the SD card.
    Carl

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    87
    Device(s)
    Apple IPhone 3G 16Gb White
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    thnx for the find

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    7,058
    Carrier(s)
    • Verizon Wireless •
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting to not that the OP thinks the Bold qwerty keypad "sucks"...especially since almost every other reviewer has praised it. I have been concerned that it looks like a warmed-over 88xx keypad with simply some reshaping of the keys to keep it fresh. I was not a fan of the 88xx qwerty...and I hope the Bold is indeed better.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    87
    Device(s)
    Apple IPhone 3G 16Gb White
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01
    Interesting to not that the OP thinks the Bold qwerty keypad "sucks"...especially since almost every other reviewer has praised it. I have been concerned that it looks like a warmed-over 88xx keypad with simply some reshaping of the keys to keep it fresh. I was not a fan of the 88xx qwerty...and I hope the Bold is indeed better.
    Exactly my point in the review. I love BB keyboards. Just not this one.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    236
    Device(s)
    Be Bold.
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    0
    you gave the design a 3.5/5?
    what phones do you think are better designed?
    Black Macbook to match my black Bold.
    ThePhoneLounge
    Twitter: davidpaulw

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    87
    Device(s)
    Apple IPhone 3G 16Gb White
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shackler
    you gave the design a 3.5/5?
    what phones do you think are better designed?
    Aestetically I think phones such as the e71. You have no idea how cheap that chrome feels until you see it for yourself.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    136
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by filipmares
    Aestetically I think phones such as the e71. You have no idea how cheap that chrome feels until you see it for yourself.

    The main idea for me to getting a Bold was that it had a nice metal border. It must be durable - being RIMs flagship product.

    You mean to say that it is not even metal!!!!!!

    OMG that sux!!!!

    How cheap. That's even crappier than the 8800 series.

    I guess I'll wait till the Nextel Curve comes out.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Houston/Dallas
    Posts
    5,306
    Device(s)
    Blackberry 8320
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile(great sms)
    Feedback Score
    0
    you know the bold supports wmv files......Video format support:
    DivX 4, DivX 5/6 partially supported, XviD
    partially supported, H.263, H.264, WMV3
    Audio format support: .3gp, MP3, WMA9 (.wma/.asf),
    WMA9 Pro/WMA 10, MIDI, AMR-NB, Professional AAC/AAC+/eAAC+

    Where you trying to get GPS results indoors??? Gps doesnt work well indoors by any gps standard.

    And remember folks this is a beta model.
    Blackberry 9700
    My next BB is the BB9800.....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    932
    Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Nice review...

    1) I was going to say you should make use of the macro function of your camera as the first bunch of pics look absolutely horrible but it seems you discovered it later on in the review.

    2) I completely disagree with your conclusion. You say it's nothing revolutionary, but this was never supposed to revolutionary in that way (a shocking OMG way). If you want toys go buy an iPhone. RIM was never about that. It was about having a nice, stable, secure, simple yet very powerful device. And the Bold acomplishes that BEAUTIFULLY because it has all the features that previous BBs lacked. BB users never had a model that had both WiFi and GPS, or an external memory slot, or 3G. They Bold gives us all that, and more, in a nice sexy package to boot. It has a great screen and great audio as well. It's a dream BB really. Who cares about the camera???? I wouldn't even bother mentioning that if I was reviewing it. It's simply not the focus of the phone. It's still a business oriented device, with some consumer addons (ie the camera and multimedia stuff). NOT the opposite. The camera is fine for this type of thing.

    3) I love the keyboard on my Curve (never tried an 88XX keyboard) and I hope it's decent... gonna grab one next week.

    4) The guy who is not buying it because of the trim is insane :P I also heard that they don't use metal because it interferes with 3G but I'm not sure.
    BB 8100 > 8310 > 9000 (lost) > 8800 > 9700

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,509
    Device(s)
    Blackberry BOLD
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is the ball easily replaceable like the previous 83xx, 81xx, and 88xx designs?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    136
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzSix
    4) The guy who is not buying it because of the trim is insane :P I also heard that they don't use metal because it interferes with 3G but I'm not sure.

    I know I'm insane. Would a normal person be so INTO Blackberries? Spend all his free time reading about Blackberries?

    As far as the trim being plastic to avoid RF problems...

    I guess that is a good reason not to be metal, but the iPhone is metal and works great. I just wish they had a more rugged design. Take the Curve for example- I saw a salesperson drop it just to make the point that it is rugged. It is rugged and had a nice rubberized feel on the trim.

    Your other points were good though. I do know that the screen is amazing. I suppose to solve my problems with durability, I can get a good case and buy insurance. I really want a BB. I only wish they were more durable like in the old days and like the Curve.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,090
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Isn't this a beta model?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    5,062
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by filipmares
    Exactly my point in the review. I love BB keyboards. Just not this one.
    Love or hate of keyboards is very subjective. I happen to love the KB on my 8820, so I dont anticipate any issues liking the Bold's keyboard. I say give it time.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    5,062
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzSix
    Nice review...

    BB users never had a model that had both WiFi and GPS, or an external memory slot, or 3G.
    While I agree with your comments, my 8820 has GPS, wifi, and external memory slot, but no 3G. (and certainly no camera). There was not a Curve model with both GPS and wifi. The 88xx series has been the flagship device.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks