Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My Review Blackberry Bold 9000

Device(s)
    Apple IPhone 3G 16Gb White
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

My Review Blackberry Bold 9000

Here's my review guys. Please Digg my story.

click here
    |iPhone Plan 75 | 500 min. | unltd. EW @ 7pm | unltd. txt | CD & NM | 250 min Can/US LD | 1 Gb Data|

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    One very interesting thing about the Bold that I did not know:

"GPS:

The Bold is one of the first smartphones to include an independent GPS unit. This always it to give directions and offer GPS location outside of cell signal. Of course that compared to A-GPS location locking is slower."

I think the above should say..... "this allows it to give ........" This is very sweet. I wonder if we will be able to store maps on the SD card.
    Carl

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    thnx for the find

Carrier(s)
    • Verizon Wireless •
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting to not that the OP thinks the Bold qwerty keypad "sucks"...especially since almost every other reviewer has praised it. I have been concerned that it looks like a warmed-over 88xx keypad with simply some reshaping of the keys to keep it fresh. I was not a fan of the 88xx qwerty...and I hope the Bold is indeed better.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01
    Interesting to not that the OP thinks the Bold qwerty keypad "sucks"...especially since almost every other reviewer has praised it. I have been concerned that it looks like a warmed-over 88xx keypad with simply some reshaping of the keys to keep it fresh. I was not a fan of the 88xx qwerty...and I hope the Bold is indeed better.
    Exactly my point in the review. I love BB keyboards. Just not this one.

Device(s)
    Be Bold.
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    you gave the design a 3.5/5?
    what phones do you think are better designed?
    Black Macbook to match my black Bold.
    ThePhoneLounge
    Twitter: davidpaulw

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shackler
    you gave the design a 3.5/5?
    what phones do you think are better designed?
    Aestetically I think phones such as the e71. You have no idea how cheap that chrome feels until you see it for yourself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by filipmares
    Aestetically I think phones such as the e71. You have no idea how cheap that chrome feels until you see it for yourself.

The main idea for me to getting a Bold was that it had a nice metal border. It must be durable - being RIMs flagship product.

You mean to say that it is not even metal!!!!!!

OMG that sux!!!!

How cheap. That's even crappier than the 8800 series.

I guess I'll wait till the Nextel Curve comes out.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8320
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile(great sms)
    Feedback Score
    you know the bold supports wmv files......Video format support:
    DivX 4, DivX 5/6 partially supported, XviD
    partially supported, H.263, H.264, WMV3
    Audio format support: .3gp, MP3, WMA9 (.wma/.asf),
    WMA9 Pro/WMA 10, MIDI, AMR-NB, Professional AAC/AAC+/eAAC+

Where you trying to get GPS results indoors??? Gps doesnt work well indoors by any gps standard.

And remember folks this is a beta model.
    Blackberry 9700
    My next BB is the BB9800.....

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Nice review...

1) I was going to say you should make use of the macro function of your camera as the first bunch of pics look absolutely horrible but it seems you discovered it later on in the review.

2) I completely disagree with your conclusion. You say it's nothing revolutionary, but this was never supposed to revolutionary in that way (a shocking OMG way). If you want toys go buy an iPhone. RIM was never about that. It was about having a nice, stable, secure, simple yet very powerful device. And the Bold acomplishes that BEAUTIFULLY because it has all the features that previous BBs lacked. BB users never had a model that had both WiFi and GPS, or an external memory slot, or 3G. They Bold gives us all that, and more, in a nice sexy package to boot. It has a great screen and great audio as well. It's a dream BB really. Who cares about the camera???? I wouldn't even bother mentioning that if I was reviewing it. It's simply not the focus of the phone. It's still a business oriented device, with some consumer addons (ie the camera and multimedia stuff). NOT the opposite. The camera is fine for this type of thing.

3) I love the keyboard on my Curve (never tried an 88XX keyboard) and I hope it's decent... gonna grab one next week.

4) The guy who is not buying it because of the trim is insane :P I also heard that they don't use metal because it interferes with 3G but I'm not sure.
    BB 8100 > 8310 > 9000 (lost) > 8800 > 9700

Device(s)
    Blackberry BOLD
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is the ball easily replaceable like the previous 83xx, 81xx, and 88xx designs?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzSix
    4) The guy who is not buying it because of the trim is insane :P I also heard that they don't use metal because it interferes with 3G but I'm not sure.

I know I'm insane. Would a normal person be so INTO Blackberries? Spend all his free time reading about Blackberries?

As far as the trim being plastic to avoid RF problems...

I guess that is a good reason not to be metal, but the iPhone is metal and works great. I just wish they had a more rugged design. Take the Curve for example- I saw a salesperson drop it just to make the point that it is rugged. It is rugged and had a nice rubberized feel on the trim.

Your other points were good though. I do know that the screen is amazing. I suppose to solve my problems with durability, I can get a good case and buy insurance. I really want a BB. I only wish they were more durable like in the old days and like the Curve.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Isn't this a beta model?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by filipmares
    Exactly my point in the review. I love BB keyboards. Just not this one.
    Love or hate of keyboards is very subjective. I happen to love the KB on my 8820, so I dont anticipate any issues liking the Bold's keyboard. I say give it time.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzSix
    Nice review...

BB users never had a model that had both WiFi and GPS, or an external memory slot, or 3G.
    While I agree with your comments, my 8820 has GPS, wifi, and external memory slot, but no 3G. (and certainly no camera). There was not a Curve model with both GPS and wifi. The 88xx series has been the flagship device.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast