Phone
    iPhone (primary)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Firmware 2 + Pandora Radio + Griffin iTrip Auto = t3h r0xor!

Well, I finally went and got my hands on Griffin's latest "iTrip" FM transmitter. After nearly a year without a FM transmitter on my iPhone - because of all the "GSM buzz" interference - I was happy to be able to listen to my iPhone in the car again.

After playing a couple MP3's to see if I got any interference when using the Griffin, I decided I'd really push the limits and start checking my email. Still, no interference. Sweet!

To make things even more challenging, I brought up Pandora Radio and selected one of my stations. Even on EDGE - after a few seconds it started playing and streaming through the car stereo the whole way home. Sweet!

Anyway, I posted this for a specific reason -- the Griffin unit that I bought wasn't the one I had initially set out to buy. I had intended to buy the "iTrip AutoPilot" - 4046-TRPAUTO (http://www.griffintechnology.com/pro...tripautopilot). I wanted this one because it was the first that I could find that actually claimed it would be compatible with the iPhone. I was hoping it would be the first to cope with that awful GSM buzz.

However, what I ended up with was the "iTrip Auto" at BestBuy - part number 4045-TRPAUTOS. I wasn't paying close enough attention, and just grabbed it off the shelf and left the store. Sure enough, this one isn't listed as "officially" iPhone compatible. But when I plugged it in, I didn't get any GSM buzz at all, and haven't yet. So it works well enough for me!

In retrospect, I did get the "This accessory is not made for ... do yo want airplane mode?" prompt when I plugged it in. So maybe that's what the difference is between the two models. But if you can't find the "4046" in your store - you can feel confident in giving the "4045" a try. I can't guarantee that it would solve GSM buzz in all possible cars ... but it did in mine, and I've tried a bunch of FM transmitters and they've all suffered from this.

Very happy (as always) with the quality of Griffin stuff.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross."

-Sinclair Lewis

Phone
    Apple iPhone 3G [16GB- White]
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    "Firmware 2 + Pandora Radio + Griffin iTrip Auto = t3h r0xor!"

What does that mean?
    ~ signatures off ~

Phone
    iPhone (primary)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    my sad attempt at 'leet speak...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=r0x0r - "Cool, awesome, especially rocks; used in 1337 5p3ak. Can be combined with hick talk."

As in "Pandora Radio r0x0r my b0x0rz..."

Phone
    iPhone 4 32gb
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Damn you guys are like stuffy old men.

Phone
    iPhone 3Gs 16Gb
    Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTwelve
    Damn you guys are like stuffy old men.
    Hey, those of us old men who actually got his reference take offense to that remark.

Carrier
    Blue + Orange = AT&Tingular!!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joemc72
    Hey, those of us old men who actually got his reference take offense to that remark.
    Concur..........
    My Geek Toy! <--It gets 10 MPG

Phone
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So you did all of this without putting it in airplane mode right? Like when the pop-up came up you just said no?

Feedback Score
    omgwtfbbq

i can has?

Phone
    Apple iPhone 3G [16GB- White]
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toomer
    my sad attempt at 'leet speak...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=r0x0r - "Cool, awesome, especially rocks; used in 1337 5p3ak. Can be combined with hick talk."

As in "Pandora Radio r0x0r my b0x0rz..."

Ok, thanks. I was not up on the R2-D2 lingo.

Phone
    iPhone (primary)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bye4now12
    So you did all of this without putting it in airplane mode right? Like when the pop-up came up you just said no?
    Correct...