Results 1,366 to 1,376 of 1376

Thread: Direct Fulfillment

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grmanny
    Black iPhone 16 gb bought on the 29th is coming tomorrow! I have a question though, I'm out of town til Sunday, I can leave it there for few days without having them mess with anything right?
    You can leave it up to ten days, after that you are refunded your money and your order is released.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3560
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Ordered my 8g on August 2 and received shipping notification on August 9. Arrived at the local ATT store on August 11.

Device(s)
    nokia e71x
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    finally recieved shipping conformation today should pick it up tommorrow great
    BIGROY

Device(s)
    iPhone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    mine finally shipped yesterday and will be there tomorrow! cant wait

Device(s)
    2 tin cans and some string
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BarberJA1
    why is this thread still open? its ridiculous that people are still dealing with Direct Fullfillment at all.
    It's ridiculous that you think that! :-)

Here are just some of the reasons why people are dealing with DF:

1) They have a FAN discount. If you have one, the Apple store cannot sell you the phone. It gets flagged and you HAVE to do DF unless you want the discount removed. If you remove the discount, buy the phone, and then immediately have the discount reapplied, it takes 2 - 3 billing cycles to get the discount added back on. In the meantime (for 2 - 3 months) you have to pay the full rate, and you don't get that $$$ back. For me, that was about $75. I'm not spending $75 to have it NOW, when I can have it in just 10 days. I've used my HTC phone for a few years, and a few more days isn't going to kill me.

2) Lots of stores still have long waits and unpredictable stock. I went to the Apple store closest to me last Friday (that's when they told me that I *had* to go the DF route) and the wait was over an hour, and they only had 16Gb black ones in stock, nothing else. Sorry, can't take a 2 hour lunch, and wouldn't want to anyway. I stopped by the AT&T store on my way home, and was out the door with an order placed in 10 minutes. They will call me when it comes in, and I can pick it up on my way home on that day as well. A 2 minute detour. MUCH more convenient for me, AND I am going to get the exact phone I want. No guessing, no waiting in line.

3) SOME stores are STILL continuously sold out. The store that is 2nd closest to me STILL has lines well before the store opens at 8am, and STILL sells out of their stock of phones for the day by around 9am!

4) Not everyone has an Apple store near them. They're not like Starbucks! There are 4 in my town, but in LOTS of places around the country, there are NONE. AT&T stores, however, are much more ubiquitous.

Brain21

Feedback Score
    what i hate is that i live in memphis AND i work for fedex. and obviously there is a distribution center here in memphis thats shipping out iphones. why cant we just stop by and get it or they send little at&t minivans to our store with our iphones? lol.

but i know things have to go in order and stuff. i just wish we had a littl advantage

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brain21
    1) They have a FAN discount. If you have one, the Apple store cannot sell you the phone. It gets flagged and you HAVE to do DF unless you want the discount removed. If you remove the discount, buy the phone, and then immediately have the discount reapplied, it takes 2 - 3 billing cycles to get the discount added back on. In the meantime (for 2 - 3 months) you have to pay the full rate, and you don't get that $$$ back. For me, that was about $75. I'm not spending $75 to have it NOW, when I can have it in just 10 days. I've used my HTC phone for a few years, and a few more days isn't going to kill me.
    I went to Apple to get 1 of my 2 phones. I removed the FAN discount and them immediately went on line to put it back on. It was back on my account within 24 hours and the discount applied on the first bill....

Device(s)
    nokia e71x
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    just got confirmation of delivery on my way to pick it up

Device(s)
    iphone 4 (soon), ATT 3Gs
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Talking DF now shipping sooner

Ordered 8/7, shipped 8/9. 16gb black.

Thought about going to apple store but with my FAN, I pay no upgrade or activation fees. I'm glad things are moving fast now.

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chperplt
    I went to Apple to get 1 of my 2 phones. I removed the FAN discount and them immediately went on line to put it back on. It was back on my account within 24 hours and the discount applied on the first bill....
    Wow. When I got the big NO from the Apple store rep I talked to 3 people who were waiting in line with me (wondering how it could take so little time for me to be in and out) who told me that they did just that and it took 2 months for 2 of them and 3 months for one of them to get the discount back when they did it for the first iPhone. Another said he got the new iPhone on day one (he was in line to get one for his daughter), and on his latest bill it still wasn't reapplied. When I called AT&T they told me 2 - 3 billing cycles. Since that matched up with what those guys in line told me, I had no reason to believe differently. If I could have been guaranteed that it would have been reapplied even remotely that quickly I would have taken my voucher and come back later in the day when there was no line.

Oh well. I ordered mine from the AT&T store on Friday (8/8) on my way home from work in the evening. It should be there in store tomorrow 8/14 by 4:30pm.

Shipped to the store FedEx from the distro center in Memphis no less...

My total AT&T wait time, including going out of my way on my way home will probably be around 20 minutes, and no guessing or coming back if they don't have the one I want, so in the end I don't regret the DF route at all.

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.S
    Ordered 8/7, shipped 8/9. 16gb black.

Thought about going to apple store but with my FAN, I pay no upgrade or activation fees. I'm glad things are moving fast now.
    If you get it from the Apple store and you are currently an eligible customer you have to pay the upgrade & activation fees? That makes me even more happy that I went to the AT&T store. That saved me what, like $50 total right there?

Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92