Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone 3G vs N95 8GB?

Device(s)
    Nokia 3120
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Think iPhone 3g is also more popular... quite a fair number of places sold out already.

Device(s)
    iPhone 16GB White
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I was in the same situation and I decided on the N95-4. I got it on ebay for $565 shipped and I will get $110 cashback from paypal in 60 days, so really the phone will be $455.

The iphone just lacks too many basics for me (copy paste, mms, bluetooth, etc)

Also, everyone and their brother will have an iPhone/iPhone 3G, so N95-4 will have the wow factor

Carrier(s)
    Swisscom, Vodafone,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by om1zzle
    N95-4 will have the wow factor
    WOW WHAT A BRICK !!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's funny that everybody tries so hard to make an iPhone killer, when in reality, the phone to overtake to this day and age remains the N95. Nokia has an amazing all-in-one phone in their N95-4, everytime a new phone is released that seems like it could beat the N95 (particularly some of Samsung's offerings), it ALWAYS falls short in some area compared to the N95. The iPhone 3G doesn't even come close to the N95 IMO.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    iPhone 3G!

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I wish the N95 had touchscreen or QWERTY

Device(s)
    Nokia N95
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsydeon
    It's funny that everybody tries so hard to make an iPhone killer, when in reality, the phone to overtake to this day and age remains the N95. Nokia has an amazing all-in-one phone in their N95-4, everytime a new phone is released that seems like it could beat the N95 (particularly some of Samsung's offerings), it ALWAYS falls short in some area compared to the N95. The iPhone 3G doesn't even come close to the N95 IMO.
    The N95 is a better phone definately... There are some things though that the iPhone does better, mainly Mp3 player and Enterprise support, and this is what interests me most atm (even though I went with the N95)

I don't think it's about which phone's better, moreso which phone suits different people's needs more...

Device(s)
    Helio Ocean
    Carrier(s)
    Helio,
    Feedback Score
    i say get the 3g iphone.

pros:
    more developers
    more applications
    more games
    faster then the n95 (internet browsing)
    touchscreen
    virtual QWERTY keyboard
    longer lasting batterry
    not thick
    4gb, 8gb, or 16gb
    Mac OS X
    wifi
    tv-out
    bluetooth
    built in youtube application
    built in google maps application
    250 hour standby time
    8 hour talk time
    3g
    Safari browser
    unique/specific games

cons:
    no tactile feedback
    no expansion slot
    no removable parts (iphone hater use it as an excuse not to get one even though its damn near stupid)
    no video recording (there is a $30 application that records at 30fps but who wants to pay for it?)
    no flash

N95
    really nice/unique design (dual sliding)
    dedicated media control keys
    tactile feedback
    3g
    wifi
    Symbian OS
    Wap & HTML browsing
    5mp camera w/ autofocus, video, and flash
    GPS
    280 hour standby
    6 hour talk time
    tv-out
    bluetooth
    wifi (chineese version doesnt have it)

cons:
    thick as hell
    no expansion slot (at least you can go 16gb with the ipgone by paying like $100-$200 more)
    browser is kinda horrible (when i used it it always loaded the wap sites and never the full html sites)
    no QWERTY only numeric
    no touschscreen

the decission is up to you though. If you want a full media phone, get the iphone
    if you want a phone that has alot of promise and a unique design, get the n95

Device(s)
    Don't worry about it. I've used everything.
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    pros:
    more games

Definitely not. Not yet at least.

Because it doesn't load the full version of the website due to not having Flash.

Mac OS X
    It's not OSX. It's mobile OSX. OSX has copy/paste.

tv-out
    This requires you to purchase an additional cable. The N95's come with it in the box.

bluetooth
    Good for the headset profile only.

The N95 has 5 ways to watch YouTube videos, including in the browser.

GoogleMaps has been available for EVERY phone over a year before the iPhone was even announced and the S60 version works with the GPS just like the new iPhone (and it has since last October). You can also install almost a dozen 3rd party GPS applications or use Nokia Maps that comes preinstalled.

3g
    This is not a pro if the other device also has it.

Safari browser
    Most beautiful, but most lacking browser. Not necessarily a pro.

N95 Cons:
    thick as hell

Have you held one?

browser is kinda horrible (when i used it it always loaded the wap sites and
    never the full html sites)

Whatever websites you're visiting, you can fix that now. The S60 browser is the next best thing to Safari and it can do much more than Safari as well.

The bottom line is whether or not you need all of the features of the N95. If you don't think you do, do yourself a favor and read up on the iPhone's faults before you sign a 2-year contract.

Device(s)
    Nokia N95
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]<K0R
    i say get the 3g iphone.

pros:
    more developers
    more applications
    more games
    touchscreen
    virtual QWERTY keyboard
    longer lasting batterry
    not thick
    4gb, 8gb, or 16gb
    Mac OS X
    wifi
    tv-out
    bluetooth
    250 hour standby time
    8 hour talk time
    3g
    Safari browser
    unique/specific games

cons:
    no tactile feedback
    no expansion slot
    no removable parts (iphone hater use it as an excuse not to get one even though its damn near stupid)
    no video recording (there is a $30 application that records at 30fps but who wants to pay for it?)
    no flash

N95
    really nice/unique design (dual sliding)
    dedicated media control keys
    tactile feedback
    3g
    wifi
    Symbian OS
    Wap & HTML browsing
    5mp camera w/ autofocus, video, and flash
    GPS
    280 hour standby
    6 hour talk time
    tv-out
    bluetooth
    wifi (chineese version doesnt have it)

cons:
    thick as hell
    no expansion slot (at least you can go 16gb with the ipgone by paying like $100-$200 more)
    browser is kinda horrible (when i used it it always loaded the wap sites and never the full html sites)
    no QWERTY only numeric
    no touschscreen

the decission is up to you though. If you want a full media phone, get the iphone
    if you want a phone that has alot of promise and a unique design, get the n95

There's a hell of alot more apps atm for Symbian than there is the iPhone's OS.. Not to mention Nokia acquiring Symbian and Symbian about to go open source means a hell of alot more potential..

The browser in the N95 is horrible, but this is easily fixed with Opera Mini.. The N95-8GB can stream youtube straight from the browser, and has voice navigation for the GPS (something the iPhone doesn't) Google maps can easily be installed on it as well..

I'd say the N95 has more multimedia functionality, and I don't think the iPhone has TV Out (the N95 does)..

I got beaten to a reply as I was typing this..

I think the iPhone's a nicer phone interface/aestheticswise, but the N95's a more functional and better phone..

and I mean.. no MMS, no video recording, no flash?? Come on man, we're in the second half of 2008 right now...

Device(s)
    Samsung i8910
    Carrier(s)
    Anything GSM
    Feedback Score
    If you get the iPhone, you are supporting a company that wants to control your experience. Remember, they also want you to get their computers and other services, like not letting you pirate because they have a solution they want you to use, and that's called iTunes! You are also forever branding yourself a fanboy.

If you get a Nokia though, you are buying a phone from a phone company. Sure they might have services, but the hardware and interopability is their first priority.

Device(s)
    Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I don't if I was the first one even RETURNED the iPhone. I really don't like the iPhone,
    _ touch screen? looks cool, but hard to use, most of time, particularly when text message or email, you have to use both hand to operate.
    _Bluetooth. only can connect headset, not even use it transfer files to computer or other phones. And no support to stereo headphone.
    _not even support MMS (like picture message or video messages), you can use the email of course, but not every phone so good at emails.
    _MUST use iTunes transfering files, musics and videos, cannot like usb-drive or N95 drug and play.
    _ third party application, can be only get and installed through app store. Not like N95 support c++, java, sis, thousands of free ware and thems from website like mosh.nokia.com. Or since symbian is or will be open source, you could write your own app unique for yourself
    _nd I just find that youtube on iPhone is not the real youtube, since it doesn't support flash. but N95 can view the real youtube side, with the flash
    _the last, Battery. the store I bought and Return my iPhone, the demo there is down, and no way to reset, no responds, built in battery cannot hard reset. And when battery die, has to send it back to Apple. Take weeks to get it back.
    THAT IS WHY I DON"T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE LINE UP IN SUCH A HOT DAY FOR THAT PHONE. I got mine with out line, ccourse I just browersing the mall, and ask if they still have storage, they say yes, then I got one, but on saturday, I returned it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MtX
    I wish the N95 had touchscreen or QWERTY

It all sort of comes down to this for me. I don't mind the lack of touch screen but trying to type with the number keypad is just plain dreary and taxing. I'd rather take the Nokia, to be honest, but it's keypad just sucks when wit comes to browsing. Plus, the mp3 player lacks some expediency. Nevertheless, I love Nokia devices. I may renege once the Nokia Tube comes out. I have high hopes for that one.

Device(s)
    Don't worry about it. I've used everything.
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    We can go down the list of cons all day with the iPhone. Every feature it comes with a set of footnotes about missing features, especially when compared to a high end S60 device and the only advantage always comes back to the UI. Even that depends on whether or not you want to use one or two hands with your full attention.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alexanderdragon
    THAT IS WHY I DON"T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE LINE UP IN SUCH A HOT DAY FOR THAT PHONE. I got mine with out line, ccourse I just browersing the mall, and ask if they still have storage, they say yes, then I got one, but on saturday, I returned it.
    Please name the store that you waltzed into on Friday (launch day), and managed to pick up an iPhone 3G without waiting on any line -- only to return the device the following day. And why did you decide to buy a phone that you clearly don't like in the first place?

It's pretty sad to make up stories just because you hate the iPhone. What's the point?

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast