Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone 3G vs N95 8GB?

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score

iPhone 3G vs N95 8GB?

They're the same price for me, both hardware and data plans.

I've been a Nokia fan (have E62 and 6620) but have been fed up with the power and end button placement that leads me to shut the phone off or end the call with my cheek. I like Nokia sound quality though, which is tempered a bit by the mics always picking up a LOT of background noise.

I don't take pictures, I might use the camera but that's not a swaying point for me.

Main interest I have in the iPhone is visual voicemail. Any pros/cons on either that I should consider?
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    the main interest is visual voicemail? i would think much more things than that. but for the iphone, the web browsing experience is the selling point. the big screen is the advantage.

the n95 is much more capable device, has tons more features than the iphone, and is better to use one-handed. search the forum cause this comparison has been discussed to death. i vote n95 8GB any day over an iphone.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Carrier(s)
    Swisscom, Vodafone,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by migo
    They're the same price for me, both hardware and data plans.

I've been a Nokia fan (have E62 and 6620) but have been fed up with the power and end button placement that leads me to shut the phone off or end the call with my cheek. I like Nokia sound quality though, which is tempered a bit by the mics always picking up a LOT of background noise.

I don't take pictures, I might use the camera but that's not a swaying point for me.

Main interest I have in the iPhone is visual voicemail. Any pros/cons on either that I should consider?
    The only cons i have with visual voicemail is once your accustomed to it there is no going back to regular voicemail.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Cruise
    Carrier(s)
    planet at&t w/ media max data plan,
    Feedback Score
    The N95 is near perfect, it is just about the best non-touchscreen phone one can get in the current market, until the N96 comes out that is.

The iPhone both 2G and 3G have the best finger touch interfaces in the market and aside from the missing Java and Flash support, practically one of the best mobile browsers in the market. With the 3G model it adds HSDPA broadband, AGPS and Microsoft Exchange Server support. It definitely has features to appeal to the masses of both casual users and tech junkies alike, but unfortunately it doesn't have everything.

Not to say that there is a single phone out there that does have everything, but in my opinion phones like the N95 come closer than the 3G iPhone does in that respect, with the 5MP camera, the ability to take SD-DVD quality video, the non-signal dependent GPS, the ability to send and receive MMS, and the plethora of other features that all S60 devices are capable of doing.

The ability to run Joiku Spot for instance, thus turning your 3G connection into a WiFi Hotspot (with a 3G and Wifi Capable S60 3rd Edition phone of course), is one of the more unique offerings, though I think there's a version for WimMo devices as well called WMWifiRouter.

http://www.joiku.com/index.php

http://www.wmwifirouter.com/

As an interesting aside in the following video clip, Howard Chui provides his opinion to a Canadian news show about various upcoming devices available in Canada, including the iPhone 3G. I found the ending part rather classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2014M1l86E
    Last edited by mobileobsession; 07-12-2008 at 08:24 AM.
    * iPhone Killer(s)?
    ** Set up most unlocked GSM phones to T-Mobile U.S.A. Over The Air.
    *** Sony Ericsson Product Support (Including OTA Settings) and HERE
    **** Nokia USA OTA Setup

Device(s)
    Helio Ocean
    Carrier(s)
    Helio,
    Feedback Score
    im tired of people calling it "the iphone 3g" its just an iphone people. just with 3g no need to make the title longer just for that. its just "iphone"

n95 destroys the iphone IMO and i own an iphone...thats pretty sad

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Nokia N95.

Since everybody has an iphone this is pretty much history repeating itself does anybody remember when everybody had the razr. Just think of you having the same ringtone as that person does and the next thing you know five or six people are pulling out iphones on the bus etc etc.

Device(s)
    Nokia N95
    Feedback Score
    I use my N95 over iPhone. Mainly because I can use it as a 3G modem for my macbook.

Device(s)
    iPhone 16GB White
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i was just about to make a topic like this, Im in a very similar situation.

I am not upgrade eligible until Sept. 26th. I can get a new N95-4 for about $455 shipped, and if I were to buy an iphone now, the 16gb will run me $499+a two year agreement and the data plan.

I have the media max unlimited right now, so I would be spending like $25 more a month for the data plan and texting.

Can I get insurance on the N95 from ATT?

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Is there a limit to the length of videos you can make with the N95?

Device(s)
    Nokia N95
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]<K0R
    im tired of people calling it "the iphone 3g" its just an iphone people. just with 3g no need to make the title longer just for that. its just "iphone"
    It's not the consumers fault that Jobs slapped a 3G on the end of the product name... What should they have called it?? the Iphone Improved??? or how about the Iphone with GPS, 3G and Enterprise Support

I'm in a similar boat... I lost my N95 on Friday night... Apparently I should be able to just hit 3 up, they'll waiver what's left on my contract if I resign up for another 24 months...

or I could pay out the rest of my contract and hit up an iPhone..

The N95's undoubtably a better phone, but it's the Exchange/ActiveSync and the quality of the better MP3 player in the iPhone that I'm most interested in...

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 925
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Step 1: buy iPhone 3G
    Step 2: sell iPhone 3G for $1000 (or more)
    Step 3: use profit and buy N95 8GB and an N810

There's a 1 hour limit for videos. Typically 1 hour is 1 GB in size at high quality.

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I just found out the N95 has TV-out! That's definitely a deal sealer for me.

Any way to hook up a full sized USB keyboard to it?

Device(s)
    Nokia N95
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by migo
    I just found out the N95 has TV-out! That's definitely a deal sealer for me.

Any way to hook up a full sized USB keyboard to it?
    USB No, Bluetooth yes... The iGo/Dell rebranded foldaway keyboards are popular

Feedback Score
    At present the iphone 3g is very popular, many long line outside the store.

Feedback Score
    Some intersting articles: Why We Wait In Line for iPhone 3G and You Are Inferior
    http://www.peoplejam.com/blogs/why-w...u-are-inferior

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast