Thread: Any OWA email sync/push email options possible for the Dare?

Device(s)
    HTC EVO
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Any OWA email sync/push email options possible for the Dare?

So I just moved from TMO to VZW. I LOVE the awesome coverage and signal strenth. I do however miss the ability to sync my email from my OWA website. Can the Dare do this? If so, how?
    TIA!
    The AlphaShark

"Whenever you fall on your face, at least you are moving forward"

Anonymous

With Voicestream/T-Mobile since May 1996.
    With Verizon Wireless since July 9, 2008...
    ...and then quickly to AT&T Wireless 3 days later!
    Now with Sprint as of Dec. 3, 2009.

Device(s)
    Cylon Droid Communicator
    Carrier(s)
    New Caprica Wireless
    Feedback Score
    For consumer email (POP3 & IMAP) use Mobile Email.
    To sync with an exchange server use Remosync.
    Both of these programs can be downloaded from Media Center.
    Keep all PHONE discussion within the Verizon Phone Discussion sub forum. We will close/move threads without notice if you do not follow the the VZW forum rules. Report inappropriate posts by clicking on the red triangle in the upper right hand corner of any post, or the orange triangle in the bottom left for Premium members.

Device(s)
    HTC EVO
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Thanks fo the reply. Doesn't look like RemoSync will work with OWA. I will be taking the Dare back as I can not go without being able to sync my Outlook contacts and Calendar at a minimum. Is going with a PDA/Smartphone from VZW the only way?

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Doesn't look like RemoSync will work with OWA.
    What does that mean, exactly? Nothing works with "OWA" except a Web browser. OWA is just a GUI to access email on an Exchange server with a web browser. You want something that will sync your email, contacts, and calendar with an Exchange server? That is exactly what RemoSync does. You weren't looking at RemoMail, were you? Different product.
    Check this out.
    Last edited by taoman; 07-11-2008 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Added link

Feedback Score
    I have the Env2, and work for myself. I use on my own computer Outlook. I would love to sync my phone with my outlook. Could I use Remosync? I keep hearing about Bitpim, but don't understand it either.

I am am a little bit techi savvy, but when I don't want to do things that might "brick" my phone.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Since you work for yourself and only mention Outlook I'm guessing you don't have access to an Exchange server. RemoSync is only designed to directly access an Exchange server. It would do nothing for you.

BitPim is a different story. It is OpenSource and free and I believe the latest version does support the enV2. With BitPim you could import from Outlook your contacts and calendar and then write them to your cell phone via a USB cable or bluetooth. This is a manual process so your cell phone would only be in "sync" with your Outlook based on the last time you performed this procedure.
    Email is also a different story since none of the Verizon "feature" phones contain a native email client. The only way to get email on your enV2 phone would be through downloading a GIN app. I use Mobile Email for $5 a month but there are a couple other clients. BitPim does not "sync" email.
    The only way I could see you being able to use RemoSync is through a third-party service like Mail2Web or something similar.

PS. I should have said the only way to get email with a dedicated email client is through downloading a GIN app. You could access your email through the web browser but that is much too cumbersome for my tastes but some people swear by it.
    Last edited by taoman; 07-11-2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Added PS