Thread: Files on Ovi Launches In Beta

Device(s)
    Nokia N97 Black NAM
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Files on Ovi Launches In Beta

Yo, Files on Ovi has launched, it's Nokia's rebranding of the Avvenu service they bought last year at Nokia World 2007.....

Files On Ovi, now available, uses your Nokia account to login and requires you to download the Files on Ovi connector, which is currently for Windows machines only. If you already have Avvenu installed on your computer, the setup will automatically uninstall it and let you reinstall Files on Ovi. I’ve covered Avvenu in the past, but basically, it runs on your home computer, and allows you to access and share your files securely from any internet-connected device. There is a mobile-friendly version, and I’ve successfully used it on the Nokia Internet Tablets, as well. The revenue-generating part of Files on Ovi is called Anytime files. For a monthly fee (free for 60 days when you sign up), you get 10GB of online storage for your files. These files are available to you even when your home computer is not connected, making it perfect for storing presentations or other important files. There will also be a 30GB option, for thoe who simply need more room.
    http://www.symbian-guru.com/welcome/...s-in-beta.html

You can set it up here: http://files.ovi.com

Carrier(s)
    Lord Rogers
    Feedback Score
    That's interesting. Any word on the price?
    Howard Forums Feedback
    Redflagdeals Feedback

BB - 9900, 9700(x3), Bold(x5), 8820(x2), 8800, 8100, 8320(x2)
    HTC - Diamond 2, Diamond, Polaris, Artemis, Desire, Desire Z
    Nokia - E72-2, N97(x2), E75(x2), Sapphire Arte, 5800 XM, E90, N95-4,E71-2(x4),E65,N82,8600,3120
    Sony - W810i
    Samsung - D807
    Apple - iPhone 3G 8GB(x2), 16GB(x3), iPhone 3GS(x5), iPhone 4 16GB, iPhone 4 32GB, iPhone 4S 64GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPhone 5s 64GB, iPhone 6 128GB

Device(s)
    NOKIA N97
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymisra
    That's interesting. Any word on the price?
    Better yet, is there any free version?

Device(s)
    Nokia N97 Black NAM
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes. You can use it for free as-is. The Anytime Files are what cost.

Carrier(s)
    Lord Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Anytime files is the feature I'm looking for

Device(s)
    Nokia N97 Black NAM
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's priced similar to other offerings such as Soonr. If Avvenu's previous pricing is anything to go by, it'll be ~$10/mo for the 10GB, and $15/mo for the 30GB. I didn't find those printed on Files on Ovi, so they might have changed them.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This is too bad. I was really disappointed to see Nokia bought Avvenu. I've been using Avvenu since 2004 or 2005. For all the beta tests I did for them I got access to Avvenu's paid "anytime files" features and (I don't know if this is standard for free accounts) but mine is still subscribed to the 5GB service. I wonder if this service would even work since I'm not using a Nokia phone.
    Anyway, I hope they don't change too much about it. I think I might drop Avvenu and just go Orb-only unless/until they get bought by somebody (looks like that's what they're waiting for too).

Device(s)
    •—Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    ◄ Fido ►
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925
    This is too bad. I was really disappointed to see Nokia bought Avvenu. I've been using Avvenu since 2004 or 2005. For all the beta tests I did for them I got access to Avvenu's paid "anytime files" features and (I don't know if this is standard for free accounts) but mine is still subscribed to the 5GB service. I wonder if this service would even work since I'm not using a Nokia phone.
    Anyway, I hope they don't change too much about it. I think I might drop Avvenu and just go Orb-only unless/until they get bought by somebody (looks like that's what they're waiting for too).
    Your account will most likely be grandfathered. Why are you disappointed? Nothing has even happened yet
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are strictly my own.