Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: iDEN Blackberry Curve 8350 pre-release discussion

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tDAWG
    WIden max data rate is 96 kbps vs EDGE 236 kbps Which is about 12kb vs 30kb a sec....
    there is a way it can be configured to allow up to 200k/sec. there is a very outstanding member on here that has experienced it, and i almost want to say it's ke4qpf but im not sure, i just remember something being said about it on the forums.

also on my i930 i usually got more than 100k/sec when doing speed tests tethered during the short time it was on.
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Device(s)
    EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoss
    I want a hybrid blackberry so I can get rid of my mogul and ic902.
    +1 (except no mogul here)

Someone also posted a comment to the OP's linked article that says it will be the first Nextel BB without an antenna. That will be nice, but I'm not sure how reception will be...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CommJunkie
    +1 (except no mogul here)

Someone also posted a comment to the OP's linked article that says it will be the first Nextel BB without an antenna. That will be nice, but I'm not sure how reception will be...
    no external antenna should not affect this if the internal antenna is tuned properly. I actually notice on my i880 and i730 that in extremely low signal conditions it seems to be better to keep the antenna down sometimes.. i dont know why that is and i've only seen this phnom happen on iDen

Device(s)
    i335
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel - since 2001
    Feedback Score
    I'm forced to hijack this thread because the thread I created asking about this specifically was closed, with a reference to this one.

I don't want an iDEN phone. What happened to the Q-chat BlackBerry I saw referenced a few months ago that was supposed to be released by now?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johan_hammy
    I'm forced to hijack this thread because the thread I created asking about this specifically was closed, with a reference to this one.

I don't want an iDEN phone. What happened to the Q-chat BlackBerry I saw referenced a few months ago that was supposed to be released by now?
    The only information I can provide (which is not concrete by any means) is, I was told by my corporate rep that sometime this fall, Sprint will release a firmware update to the BlackBerry Curve 8330 which will enable QChat functionality. Now, as to the legality of that statement, your guess is as good as mine. I'm not even sure if the 8330 even contains the hardware necessary for QChat.

I myself will probably end up in line for the 8350i when it drops. A new PTT Smartphone is LONG overdue for us iDEN users.
    "You never learn anything if you never try anything." -Anonymous

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (Currently) - Sprint/Nextel (2000-2010)
    Feedback Score
    this new iden BB, are we talking this year still or is it next year?

Device(s)
    Motorola i 850 EOL :(
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    My rep told me yesterday the i8350 Iden Blackberry is scheduled to Launch December 08.

He's the list of features he emailed me:
    The much anticipated new Nextel Blackberry has some additional detail to talk about. It will have Bluetooth, Micro SD memory expansion capability, it will quickly replace the 7100i and it has a model number: 8530. It will look almost exactly like the just released Curve, but be of a heavier duty (meaning, it will be a bit thicker). Also: It will come in two versions. One with a 2.0 mega pixel camera, and one without.

Interesting. Two versions; with and without a camera. I have several Customers drooling over it. I just hope Kevin's right and we do get this in Decemeber. I've stopped promising it to them. It was first scheduled to be out early Q4, now it's December.

I want it for myself. But if I have to wait, I may just jump ship and go with the Alltel Curve and say bye-bye to DC. Who knows. If anyone gets one in...please post a pic and review.

Device(s)
    i95cl
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic3

It was first scheduled to be out early Q4, now it's December.
    I was told it will officially launch Novemebr 3rd.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm sure that will be the closest picture to the real thing because it seems like it is a curve with a DC and that's what it will be, also note it has WIFI so even if iDEN is slow at times you can always jump on WIFI and browse off that so that right there I see a plus for the iDEN side finally

Device(s)
    sidekick lx blue
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    oh man i am drooling so bad for this phone!!! please release day one of q4
    Gotta Love a PnutBudrCherryBerrysamich!!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (At The Moment)
    Feedback Score
    Well it pretty much confirms that it's coming out soon can't wait since I get great reception from nextel and when I had the curve 8330 from sprint I barely got reception at home

http://crackberry.com/iden-blackberr...unch-christmas

Device(s)
    Motorola i 850 EOL :(
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by futureCEO00
    oh man i am drooling so bad for this phone!!! please release day one of q4
    Q4 started September 1st.

I assure you, it will not launch till December. They've pushed the release date back like 3 times

eye one, I can forward you my Rep's email regarding each push forward of release.

BG has a better picture, it actually looks like a Launch Document.
    Last edited by Basic3; 09-09-2008 at 08:10 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic3
    Q4 started September 1st.
    Err... if we're going by calendar year, then Q4 begins October 1.
    • Q1 = Jan, Feb, Mar
    • Q2 = Apr, May, Jun
    • Q3 = Jul, Aug, Sep
    • Q4 = Oct, Nov, Dec

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by runegar
    Err... if we're going by calendar year, then Q4 begins October 1.
    • Q1 = Jan, Feb, Mar
    • Q2 = Apr, May, Jun
    • Q3 = Jul, Aug, Sep
    • Q4 = Oct, Nov, Dec
    I wish it was a hybrid BB. I have the ic902 and I love it. I have not had any problems with it, love the sprint EVDO network on it, my service is great and I can still DC with everyone.

Device(s)
    i335
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel - since 2001
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by runegar
    The only information I can provide (which is not concrete by any means) is, I was told by my corporate rep that sometime this fall, Sprint will release a firmware update to the BlackBerry Curve 8330 which will enable QChat functionality. Now, as to the legality of that statement, your guess is as good as mine. I'm not even sure if the 8330 even contains the hardware necessary for QChat.

I myself will probably end up in line for the 8350i when it drops. A new PTT Smartphone is LONG overdue for us iDEN users.
    Can anyonelse confirm this? I'm debating whether to wait for this Q-Chat BlackBerry or get the V950.

I have used Nextel for 8 years, so I need PTT. However, I also need more speed than iDEN could possibly muster. PAM is a must as well.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast