Thread: So how much faster is the 755 than the 650; what about the upcoming 800?

Feedback Score

So how much faster is the 755 than the 650; what about the upcoming 800?

So I have this trusty 650, all banged up but working like a dream. Not a super-fast dream.

I'm wondering if anyone has found the speed difference with the 755 has been worth the upgrade to it (I do a lot of browsing, e-mail, might do some tv-watching). Also, there's this rumored Treo 800 due out next month, on Sprint's RevA network I believe and allegedly with WiFi, but it's Windows-based.

What would you do for a need for speed?

Device(s)
    Trēo 755p (Sprint, flashed to Cricket)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    :^/ I've never owned a 650, so cannot say how they compare, but the 755p is easily as fast as I can reasonably expect. I have EVDO working on mine, and connect at about 500Kbits per second, usually. That's as fast as the phone system allows for cell phones, so I'm content with it.

I don't think you'll find anything faster unless there are DSL cell phones, which I really doubt.
    Official CricKet Mafia member

;^) Accomplishments:
    Adapted Cricket Internet to Trēo 755p (Sprint)
    Cricket EVDO on Trēo 755p (Sprint)

:^( Tragedies endured:
    Irrevocably bricked Trēo 755p (Sprint)

;^) Happy again:
    • Now tethering via warranty-replaced Trēo 755p (Sprint)...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Pseudonym
    :^/ I've never owned a 650, so cannot say how they compare, but the 755p is easily as fast as I can reasonably expect. I have EVDO working on mine, and connect at about 500Kbits per second, usually. That's as fast as the phone system allows for cell phones, so I'm content with it.

I don't think you'll find anything faster unless there are DSL cell phones, which I really doubt.
    The 800, which is a Windows Treo, will be on Sprint's RevA network, the fastest iteration of its service - only the Instinct is on that so far.

Device(s)
    Trēo 755p (Sprint, flashed to Cricket)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    :^0 Daaaang; I want Rev A, too-oo...!

:^/°º(Now I wonder whether there's a way to add it to the 755p. Hmmmm....)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Pseudonym
    :^0 Daaaang; I want Rev A, too-oo...!

:^/°º(Now I wonder whether there's a way to add it to the 755p. Hmmmm....)
    Oh yeah, and the 800 is supposed to have WiFi

Which would be great I suppose although a) not crazy about the security implications if not on home WiFi network; b) am not fluent in how easy or not easy it is to use public WiFi these days without paying fees and jumping through registration hoops (like w/TMobile HotSpots).

And c) the 800 is a Windows device... hmmm.