Thread: orange 1EURO internet access

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

orange 1EURO internet access

is this still valid, going to europe and needed orange uk sim price plan for internet access...

thx!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G, X10
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    I believe do still have the £1/day data usage tariff for PAYG customers. T-Mobile has it too.
    "I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly." WSC

Best SE site on the net
    Best SE blog on the net

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

thx..!

great news, still have my sim and will be using it; i wonder if anyones tried putting the sim on an aircard...lol...!!

Device(s)
    Vario III
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile -UK
    Feedback Score
    I know those work in the UK... however I'm pretty sure the £1 deals for orange and t-mobile don't include international roaming... so they won't work in the rest of europe
    You'd have thought someone would of put a sig here...

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G, X10
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Yes, they definitely don't extend the deal to other countries. Mind you, other European countries may have similar deals.

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    resurrecting an old thread, off to Europe including UK and cant find if this is still valid; searched orange uk site but...

anyone out there with some info; thanks in advance!

Device(s)
    Vario III
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile -UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUK
    Now you can view more wap pages, send more emails and enjoy more chat with friends online with 500MB mobile internet browsing for just £5 a month.
    Daily bundle
    £1.00

Weekly anytime bundle
    £5.00
    Although I did have to pick a PAYG phone and plan before it would tell me....

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by psionandy
    Although I did have to pick a PAYG phone and plan before it would tell me....
    orange uk used to have a paygo offer for up to 5GB fair use per month; i wanted something to use with my laptop via a usb modem...

any luck finding something similar to that? i have sent out an email to orange but no luck as yet...

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G, X10
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    The British networks are very into mobile broadband at the moment. However, they would probably want you to take it through a dongle. If you are going to buy one get it from O2 or T-Mobile as they will give you access to their extensive Wi-Fi networks.

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    i wanted to use my ovation mc950 dongle that i unlocked especially for this; hmm, will look into o2 n tmobile to see pricing, d/l speeds n costs, thks for the info!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G, X10
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Download speeds using HSDPA can be up to 7 Mbps at the moment, but you are more likely to find 3.2 Mbps.

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotsboyuk
    Download speeds using HSDPA can be up to 7 Mbps at the moment, but you are more likely to find 3.2 Mbps.
    i havent had luck getting info on their payg plan which used to be 1 pound/day; would you know if this plan is still available..?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G, X10
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    PAYG data access on orange is now £2/day (credit crunch :P). It is supposed to be for access on a handset only i.e. WAP/XHTML pages. However, I don't see why you couldn't just use the handset as a modem or pop the SIM card into a USB modem.

There may be another problem. Not being a native of these islands you may be unfamiliar with the term 'rip-off Britain'. Basically what that means is that if a British company has an opportunity to screw you for money they will. In this case what that means is that PAYG data access is restricted to somewhere in the region of 20 Mb per day. Fine for e-mails etc, but useless for actual web browsing.

T-Mobile offer £1/day browsing with the same restrictions on using the data allowance for anything but the handset, but they do give you an allowance of 40 Mb/day. I have used T-Mobile's data option before (on a pay monthly basis) and had no trouble using it as my main internet connection at home whilst my broadband was down. I suspect that as long as you aren't ripping the mince out of it they won't bother.

O2 might be a better option for you. They charge £7.50 for a web bolt-on, which lasts for a month. This gives you 200 Mb of data to use within that month. Again they say this is only for phone browsing, but again I imagine they may not really bother very much. You will need to maintain a balance of at least 60p on your PAYG SIM card to use the bolt-on.

Device(s)
    Vario III
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile -UK
    Feedback Score
    Actually the £2 daily PAYG data package for PAYG DONGLES has been there for some time... nothing to do with the credit crunch or the silly 'rip-off britain brigade'

The £1 Orange 'unlimited' daily rate is still there for phone useage see post #7... it's never officially been allowed for use in modems.

Most of the UK networks operate a 2 tier pricing policy for data, cheaper plans officially limit it to handset based browsing (and may limit streaming/p2p/messaging depending on the network/plan) and a separate one for 'Modem/laptop' Access. Again these are typically sold with either a limit on transfer (1GB cap is cheaper than a 10GB cap) or a fair usage policy and you can/may be charged if you go over these limits

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotsboyuk
    PAYG data access on orange is now £2/day (credit crunch :P). It is supposed to be for access on a handset only i.e. WAP/XHTML pages. However, I don't see why you couldn't just use the handset as a modem or pop the SIM card into a USB modem.

T-Mobile offer £1/day browsing with the same restrictions on using the data allowance for anything but the handset, but they do give you an allowance of 40 Mb/day. I have used T-Mobile's data option before (on a pay monthly basis) and had no trouble using it as my main internet connection at home whilst my broadband was down. I suspect that as long as you aren't ripping the mince out of it they won't bother.

O2 might be a better option for you. They charge £7.50 for a web bolt-on, which lasts for a month. This gives you 200 Mb of data to use within that month. Again they say this is only for phone browsing, but again I imagine they may not really bother very much. You will need to maintain a balance of at least 60p on your PAYG SIM card to use the bolt-on.
    ideally i would like somehting combined with a decent voice plan, something that offers decent minnutes since i will be london for at least 3-5 weeks; any suggestions...?

I was told to look at orange <camel> plan...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast