Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Java on ROKR Z6m

Device(s)
    Motorola V3a
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score

HOWTO: Java on ROKR Z6m

I'm doing this because the old one didnt have everything.
    You only need one of the flash files, choose one and for the filesystem, choose the same carrier as you chose for flash file(EXAMPLE: Cricket, chose cricket filesystem).
    The guide also works on other service provides too, but not the Z6c.
    If you use Verizon, you have to use the Cricket flash.

Whats Needed:
    USB Cable (This is a typical min USB.. many different digital cameras use this style...)
    USB Drivers (You need to sign up..its free): http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/USB_Drivers/
    MOTO Flash Files: http://rapidshare.com/files/87314053...2.shx.zip.html (Aliant); http://rapidshare.com/files/70120201...DE_02.shx.html (Bell); http://rapidshare.com/files/88639788/Cricket_Z6m.rar (Cricket Monster)
    MOTO FIleSystem Dump: http://rapidshare.com/files/87360574...ystem.rar.html (Aliant); http://rapidshare.com/files/73677810...ystem.rar.html (Bell); http://rapidshare.com/files/89188129...ystem.rar.html (Cricket)
    RSD Lite: (Flashing Application) search google
    RSD CDMA General 5.1.6: (Backup & Restore phone data) search google
    BitPim: bitpim.org
    Download / Install - USB Drivers, RSD Lite, RSD General, BitPim
    Download Unpack the Moto Flash File you downloaded
    Download Unpack the Moto Filesystem you downloaded

Plug in your phone to the PC
    Start RSD General(Using RSD General is unessecary, its just incase something goes wrong)... it will take a minute to finish starting
    When complete it will say:
    If you are upgrading your software or doing a swap operation, this phone is not supported. You may however continue using the phone provisioning menu.

Please disconnect this phone.

This is NORMAL!

Click the image for the phone provisioning... wait....
    on the left side you will see a list of settings... on the right... fields for the settings.
    put a checkmark in:
    CDMA NAM
    PRL
    Browser
    ERI
    BREW
    CDMA1X GPS
    Feature Setting
    Mobile IP
    Messaging File
    RTT Data
    Security Grouping
    MMS Setting
    Phonebook & Date book if you want to back them up

Click Read phone... wait (It will read each item then re-boot the phone.. takes a few minutes)
    Once complete, click on the first set of words (CDMA NAM) in the app to make sure that data has been read.
    -Click Save File
    -Pick a good Name like Z6M_Orig_CDMA
    Repeat this for EACH OF THE ABOVE FILES! Giving each a good name so you can tell what it is...
    Once complete you should have 12 files (14 if you backed up the phonebook & datebook)

Extra Percaution (Needed)
    Open your phone:
    Enter #073887* (Quickly) then 000000 [OK]
    Go to USER ACTIVATION
    NAM1:
    write down all 4 of these Numbers
    Then do the same for NAM2
    The steps below are necessary.
    You are ready to flash!

Close RSD General
    Open RSD Lite

Once open it shoudl show you phone listed.. highlight it
    It will show your info in the Device Properties...
    Above that, click the button [...]
    Locate the Flash File:
    [filenameofflashfile].shx

Click START

Wait.... it will take about 5-10 minutes... and it will inform you when its complete.
    When its all done.. close RSD Lite and RE-Open RSD General
    If you did the backup, do everything below.
    Now load RSD back up and
    Go through each of the following: (like above)
    Click the word of each to switch to the screen:
    Select Load File...
    Pick the appropriate file...
    Save to Phone...

Repeat for each below
    CDMA NAM
    PRL
    Browser
    ERI
    BREW
    CDMA1X GPS
    Feature Setting
    Mobile IP
    Messaging File
    RTT Data
    Security Grouping
    Phonebook & Date book
    MMS Setting
    Save to Phone... Turn your phone off then on once more for good measure...

Now to enable Java.
    Open the folder that you unpacked the filesystem dump.
    Use BitPim and make sure that everything in your /brew/ folder is the same as the filesystem dump. Then, make sure everything in your /motorola/shared/ folder has the same things as your filesystem dump.
    DONT MIX THE FILESYSTEMS DUMPS WITH ANOTHER FIRMWARE!

Remember to say thanks!
    Last edited by andydam; 06-22-2008 at 04:45 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    bump bump bump
    Code Name: L0GiC4L 3ViL
    Quote: "Make love not war... Contribute dont leech.My insane logic gets the job done..."
    Latest Exploits:
    evo full flash (yes mms works), samsung intercept web (ask around), moto droid full flash
    Next Hijack: AFFLICTION ROM

11/4 3000th post

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Take a wild guess
    Feedback Score
    Does this work 100% on the Metro ROKR Z6m? I thought I read a post by someone on the other thread who stated that they could no longer get their Media Player to work after doing this on their phone.

Also is there a way to restore everything back to the way it was in case this screws something up?

Device(s)
    Motorola V3a
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroPieceofShi
    Does this work 100% on the Metro ROKR Z6m? I thought I read a post by someone on the other thread who stated that they could no longer get their Media Player to work after doing this on their phone.

Also is there a way to restore everything back to the way it was in case this screws something up?
    Everything works 100% if you do everything correctly and follow the insructions carefully. BTW, don't use the cricket flash. Apparently, it don't have Java. If your so scared, heres the MetroPCS Z6m flash: http://rapidshare.com/files/11326386...MONSTER_01.rar

To restore a broken phone: Hold # and * while plugging your phone in.

Device(s)
    LG Voyager (Died during v09 update)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Should have put the files on a different site. Can only download one every 15 minutes. Proxy time.

EDIT: After about an hour, I made my metropcs a cricket! Now I'm getting a Provisioning Operation Failed when I do Mobil IP.
    Last edited by IcePeten; 06-28-2008 at 05:59 PM.

Device(s)
    Motorola V3a
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IcePeten
    Should have put the files on a different site. Can only download one every 15 minutes. Proxy time.

EDIT: After about an hour, I made my metropcs a cricket! Now I'm getting a Provisioning Operation Failed when I do Mobil IP.
    Yeah... forgot to change it. Cricket's firmware works, but there's no java on it. So flash it back to MetroPCS or DST, then flash to Bell/Aliant(There's no difference, Aliant is a subsidary of bell)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Oh, ok sure! I'll do so. After I do it though, where would I place the JAVA games?

EDIT: Ok, I did it and now when I go to my @metro it has <unknown> everywhere and my net don't work. AND my pass code (000000) doesn't work after installing the Aliant one. Boy, this is fun.
    Last edited by IcePeten; 06-29-2008 at 03:04 AM.

Device(s)
    Motorola V3a
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Restore back the MetroPCS, then try the Aliant again. It seems to work for most people. And Aliant seems to be the preferred flash.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I did that while I was at work. Now I don't have my metro store, or internet. Passcodes changed around, and hates Bitpim so doesn't even connect. Soooo stuck at the moment.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Take a wild guess
    Feedback Score
    Can anyone who actually has Metro and the Z6M confirm that this works without causing anything else to screw up/become disabled on your phone?

Device(s)
    Motorola V3a
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Well, MetroPieceofShi, some people say that the MP3 player is gone, if it is, copy it from the cricket flash in the /a/brew/mod folder.

IcePeten, do you have a Z6m in the first place? By passcode, do you mean your SPC?

BTW, you'd be way better off getting your answers from Logial Evil. I don't even have a Z6m.

And if your using a Verizon ROKR, check first to see whether or not its a Z6c or Z6cx. Both of them don't work and you'll brick your phone. Permanently.

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-R451C
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    here is what I did, I flashed to moto generic firmware, then flashed the aliant upgrade, added all the files needed for java to work. music player works, but you have to get to it through the main menu cause the button on the keypad opens the music store. the only real problem I've noticed is that I cant download java apps from the web. and also even tho my SPC is 000000 when I go to enter it, I get "security code incorrect, try again" any ideas on that one?

the only problem I'm having is getting apps onto the phone. anyone know of an updated program that works?

also a real problem I've noticed is that I cant download java apps from the web. and also even tho my SPC is 000000 when I go to enter it, I get "security code incorrect, try again" any ideas on that one?
    Phone History:
    Nokia 6010, Nokia 3120b,Motorola i415, Motorola i710, Nokia 6133(T-mobile Branded, Then Debranded)

Quote Originally Posted by Spleen
    Stop crying wolf...u make it sound like a this was life-or-death situation

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andydam
    Well, MetroPieceofShi, some people say that the MP3 player is gone, if it is, copy it from the cricket flash in the /a/brew/mod folder.

IcePeten, do you have a Z6m in the first place? By passcode, do you mean your SPC?

BTW, you'd be way better off getting your answers from Logial Evil. I don't even have a Z6m.

And if your using a Verizon ROKR, check first to see whether or not its a Z6c or Z6cx. Both of them don't work and you'll brick your phone. Permanently.
    Yeah, I'm sure I got a z6m. Pretty annoying little phone. I can't add the files because my phone dislikes BitPim. And the code I'm talking about is the code you enter after hitting #073887* The security code. Now I got this phone that has metro capabilities, and doesn't have anything else.

EDIT: Ok, now I got Java to work. Where do I place the games? If anyone wonders how I did it, I used MSU (Motorola Software Update) and PS2 Commander and copied the missing files.
    Last edited by IcePeten; 06-30-2008 at 04:17 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Ok, NOW I got my Internet working. Very satisfied with it. but only need to find out where to place the games, and what file types it supports. I'mma google hunt.

EDIT (again): I ran around and tried to find out the passcode, and I actually managed to get it. It's 236197. You should put that into your guide with the Alltel firmware thing.
    Last edited by IcePeten; 06-30-2008 at 08:57 AM.

Device(s)
    Motorola V3a
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Whoa. I'm not gonna let this die. Bump.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast