Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Java on ROKR Z6m

Device(s)
    LG Voyager (Died during v09 update)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    See andydam, that's where your wrong. You see, you NEED to use bitpim to install java games. There's a folder called... I believe preinstalled or something. Not sure since I switched to Brew again. BUT you must get the jar, and the .jad for the .jar. Maybe I should make a complete guide that works. I'll work on one tonight while I'm at work. But, trust me. It works. Giving up isn't the funnest way to do things.

Device(s)
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    yes it works but metro pcs has connection issues with apps connecting to the web
    Code Name: L0GiC4L 3ViL
    Quote: "Make love not war... Contribute dont leech.My insane logic gets the job done..."
    Latest Exploits:
    evo full flash (yes mms works), samsung intercept web (ask around), moto droid full flash
    Next Hijack: AFFLICTION ROM

11/4 3000th post

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-R451C
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L0GiC4L 3ViL
    yes it works but metro pcs has connection issues with apps connecting to the web
    he's right, I had it working except for connecting apps to the net, so I gave up and went back to brew, but its ok tho, here soon I'm switching to Sprint and I'm getting the Samsung Instinct!

my girlfriend has sprint. and she also has a spare razr that was her ex's before me. so yeah, I'm gonna hack a razr lol. then switch to the instinct
    Phone History:
    Nokia 6010, Nokia 3120b,Motorola i415, Motorola i710, Nokia 6133(T-mobile Branded, Then Debranded)

Quote Originally Posted by Spleen
    Stop crying wolf...u make it sound like a this was life-or-death situation

Device(s)
    Motorola ROKR Z6m (Aliant) with JAVA
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    thanks Ice Peten, but i actually figured it out by myself right after i posted that. now i have another interesting predicament. i installed the games i have witth both .jar.jad files in the preinstall folder. (btw i learned everytime u initialize java it erases that folder after instaling the apps) I ran java(brew icon lol) and it installed the games into the apps submenu, they exist in the menu with icons, but when i click on them and after it show the running man screen, it gives me an "java.lang.classnodef-sumthing" error message "app culd not be initialezed" am i just missing a file sumwhere? or is it my games. idk if it matters, but i've got the Z6m from Alltel with the DST monster, then Alltel 2.0018cr software, then Bell Upgrade from the guide. im also positive i got the matching filesystem. thanks sry its so long..

Device(s)
    LG Voyager (Died during v09 update)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Well, having Java on your phone can be pretty swell, but the downside is that some java games/apps don't work because they were made for other kinds of phones. I got that problem too, try finding another copy of the game.

Device(s)
    Motorola V3a
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .:Drake:.
    he's right, I had it working except for connecting apps to the net, so I gave up and went back to brew, but its ok tho, here soon I'm switching to Sprint and I'm getting the Samsung Instinct!

my girlfriend has sprint. and she also has a spare razr that was her ex's before me. so yeah, I'm gonna hack a razr lol. then switch to the instinct
    Isn't Sprint going down now? It just sold 99% of its towers, do you still wanna switch?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    yeah, freaky story. i put my phone on the charger last nite with my bell flash, java working, kickass iPhone them, all my contacts with pic ids perfect ringtones setup, custom start and shutdown aniumations and sound, you know, the whole nine yards ultimate setup. THEN when i took it off the charger to go to work, like literally 5 minutes b4 i had to go, i turn it on and it went to this all white like boot menu. it was giving me all these % readouts and the only options were to use the softkeys to go prev or next. i had no idea wat was going on so i turned it off. i turn it back on and it just went to the moto logo for 4 seconds flashes white and then turned off. wth!!!! so i crapped myself, monsterflashed and activated it and then ran to work. then, it happened again at work! RAWR! so i just navigated to the "master reset/clear" option, it power cycled and came back perfectly normal with only the intial setup options reset. still, i reflashed all the java crap back on cuz i LOVE playing games (sorry). everything's cool, i was just wandering what in the heck happend or if anybody else had this happen. (sorry this is so long again, lol)

Device(s)
    Motorola V3a
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwilly90210
    yeah, freaky story. i put my phone on the charger last nite with my bell flash, java working, kickass iPhone them, all my contacts with pic ids perfect ringtones setup, custom start and shutdown aniumations and sound, you know, the whole nine yards ultimate setup. THEN when i took it off the charger to go to work, like literally 5 minutes b4 i had to go, i turn it on and it went to this all white like boot menu. it was giving me all these % readouts and the only options were to use the softkeys to go prev or next. i had no idea wat was going on so i turned it off. i turn it back on and it just went to the moto logo for 4 seconds flashes white and then turned off. wth!!!! so i crapped myself, monsterflashed and activated it and then ran to work. then, it happened again at work! RAWR! so i just navigated to the "master reset/clear" option, it power cycled and came back perfectly normal with only the intial setup options reset. still, i reflashed all the java crap back on cuz i LOVE playing games (sorry). everything's cool, i was just wandering what in the heck happend or if anybody else had this happen. (sorry this is so long again, lol)
    It was in debug. All you had to do to get out with out losing settings was hit clr then <

Wait. So you spent 45 minutes flashing your phone before going to work? Weren't you late? Got fired?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    ok cool. i didnt even know we had a debug option... can i access it on purpose next time? and no i wasnt fired, i just quit. so hey, new question. i saw somewhere that the camera and mp3 player on the bell flash are in java, which is cool, except my camera has ceased to work. not cool. the mp3 player works just fine, but it looks a lil different, idk. i was wondering if anybody had experienced the camera lack. any help wuld be appreciated!!

Device(s)
    Motorola V3a
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    You access the debug by going into setup menu (*073887#) go down to test mode, turn it on, then restart your phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    thanks andydam. soooo any news on the camera? idk where the files wuld be in the filesystem but i think im just gonna try replacing every file on the system one night. riiiiight... ha. i wuld REALLY like to have my camera back...

Feedback Score
    I'm just glad there is a thread for this phone! thanks guys for all your hard work.

Feedback Score
    I don't know if anyone's even going to come back to this thread buuuuttt....
    I flashed to Aliant successfully and I love it. But I miss sending real texts(MMS,SMS?whatever) And web would be nice.
    Does anyone know how to get an Aliant flashed Z6m's MMS and web working? Are there just settings to enter on the web sessions menu in programming?

Device(s)
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    if you would have read metro has connection issues with the aliant upgrade which is why most of us even though we got it to work went back to the metro firmware

Feedback Score
    I read. Just didn't understand completely. I'm new to the phone-mod game. And I wasn't sure if anyone was working on it.
    Also, I'm on alltel. So it's not just Metro that has the connection probs.
    You think it's possible? Or maybe Aliant's Web settings aren't compatible with Metro/Alltel servers in some way?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast