Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: DMTS goes GSM: wth is this?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64gb
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I can't believe it took this long to climb to 250k!
    Cheeri'o...
    Frankie...

Please Note: I do not work for Bell. I also do not work for any wireless retail outlet.
    Do not ask me about promotions or offers from wireless providers.

Feedback Score
    And in other news, Dryden's City Manager Joe van Koeverden claims in an Editorial that appeared in the Dryden Observer...

"Our telephone service (DMTS) is also at a critical point as we continue to map our next steps for the Retain and Grow Strategy. We are a very small player in a very large industry and looking to create partnerships that will allow us to be sustainable.

We are in negotiation with a number of companies for better equipment, roaming agreements and additional spectrum to improve our service in a manner that is economically feasible.

With the help of a telecommunications consultant, our management team is now equipped with the options to move this forward. Our message to the public is “don’t leave us now” as we are close to a resolution of our main service and operating concerns."

The company hasn't put up a sight in almost 2 years, is projected to lose $250,000.00 this year and yet he thinks they are going to survive? He's either the dumbest guy on the face of the earth or the most optimistic.
    My posts are in no way intended to represent or promote the views of any service provide, dealer or manufacturer.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    As DMTS is a public utility, I suspect that it'll be a firesale to Bell soon, or Rogers will pick it it's bits after liquidation.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    Rogers is no longer active in Northwestern Ontario, remember they sold their customers to tbaytel and left the region in November 2010.

DMTS' partnership with Rogers obviously didn't provide them with much in the way of roaming revenue, just I doubt their current agreement with Bell is fattening their wallets.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well... I guess I should have stated TBayTel.

Feedback Score
    Last one out, please shut off the lights... or you can wait for hydro to disconnect them for non-payment.

DMTS has lost $8.3 Million dollars since launching their GSM network, including $3.66 Million in the 2011 fiscal year trying to compete with tbaytel. They've done no infrastructure upgrades since May 2010, so these are purely cost of doing business loses.

http://thedrydenobserver.ca/2012/04/...#comment-10719
    Last edited by nwotraveler; 04-04-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Heard two interesting rumours 1) DMTS is issuing lay off notices and 2) a sale is in the works.

Anyone else hearing the same?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15