Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Palm treo 755p on Metro PCS?

Feedback Score

Palm treo 755p on Metro PCS?

I'm looking to switch to MetroPCS, but in my opinion the phones they offer are crap.

Does anybody know If I can buy a Treo 755p from sprint or verison and flash it to work on Metro?

please let me know. [email protected]

Device(s)
    Nextel i730
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

No chance - Metro locks you to their phones

I called them to ask the same question. Although they use CDMA, they will NOT accept any phones except theirs.

Feedback Score

palm treo 755p to metro pcs

ok i been to all the forums and looked for ever to get my palm treo on metro
    heres how its done (mine now working ) first you have to have a phone on metro i had a nokia with internet what the person did for a cost of $75.00
    was clone the ser# of my nokia in the palm now both phones ring when i get a call so i pulled the batter off the nokia so the system only sees the palm
    then they went in to net work settings and set up the phone for metro
    i now have a palm 755p with internet only thing that dont work is i can not
    send photos to other phones but i can live with that i even set up my phone with palms mail and get gmail right to the phone the guy at metro store told me this could not be done and if i ever got it done the internet would not work he was suprised when i showed him all worked i did not give him my number or account info just to make sure my phone did not get flaged metros system sees my phone as a nokia so everything works now the the question comes up legal or not well i do pay for the service and i only have one phone on the system and im paying for it so theres no fraud i guess you decide

Feedback Score
    ok. I need instructions for changing the settings in a Metro flashed Palm Treo 755P. Please advise since I am stuck and the person who flashed it swore the internet was functional but has since disappeared.

Device(s)
    Trēo 755p (Sprint, flashed to Cricket)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    :^/ In my signature are tutorials for getting Cricket Internet and EVDO working on the Palm 755p (Sprint.) Obviously, the login and password details will be different for Metro, but the technique should be much the same.

As for changing the ESN, while I understand HarlyWiz's rational, bear in mind that changing the ESN is illegal, and I also understand that it's no longer necessary as Metro now accept phones foreign to their system. So, check that out before doing something more... adventurous than you need to.
    Official CricKet Mafia member

;^) Accomplishments:
    Adapted Cricket Internet to Trēo 755p (Sprint)
    Cricket EVDO on Trēo 755p (Sprint)

:^( Tragedies endured:
    Irrevocably bricked Trēo 755p (Sprint)

;^) Happy again:
    • Now tethering via warranty-replaced Trēo 755p (Sprint)...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DJulz
    I called them to ask the same question. Although they use CDMA, they will NOT accept any phones except theirs.

I bought my wife a treo 755p, flashed to metro from Craigslist... works great! The challenging part was finding someone at a metro store who knows how to add the ESN onto their network- which they charge $15 if you have phone service with them.

My wife can't seem to put the phone down... very addicting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montecristo1
    I bought my wife a treo 755p, flashed to metro from Craigslist... works great! The challenging part was finding someone at a metro store who knows how to add the ESN onto their network- which they charge $15 if you have phone service with them.
    I live in Boston. I wish to do the exact same thing as you did for your wife. I've been skeptical towards whether it could be done or not, I've been looking everywhere! I have questions regarding service, internet, all that. Does it work perfectly? Any issues?
    Thank you so much!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montecristo1

My wife can't seem to put the phone down... very addicting.
    can u rell me what sotr of metro pcs did u do it ?? in new york ??

Feedback Score

Metro PCS Palm Treo 755p Internet Problem

My wife (Verizon) and I (Sprint) have been using two different flashed phones Palm Treo 755p with metro pcs for about 3 months and everything was working just fine but the application of sending pics MMS I guess , which it is not big deal for me.. no complaints till yesterday both phones can't just open any web page now and it is giving me a message that my device does not support this file and have to download it to card (undef_) 0k and downloaded it and nothing ... It used to happened only with www.craigslist.org but now it is with any website.. I have tried everything found in forums and the internet : hard & soft resets, cleaning cookies, called metro pcs to refresh system twice, called my flasher guy without response or nothing yet, and problem is still there... I do not know if Metro Pcs started blocking internet to flashed phones since both phones stopped working at the same time and with the same problem and message to acccess on the internet.. Please HELP with this issue .. Thanks

Feedback Score

Same problem here. download to card undef_

Worked fine for 6 months, haven't used internet in a week, did a hard reset today (wouldn't sync, though phone was screwed, ended up being the connection at bottom of phone was dirty). Now getting download to card undef_ error when browing web. Email seems to work ok. Hopefully they didn't ban us, I had a guy working for metro flash mine and he added my phone esn to their list so hopefully they didn't ban me. That'll suck

Feedback Score
    hello I recently buy a Palm Centro from Sprint and I was looking on internet to see it was any guide o tutorial to flash it and using it with metro pcs but I couldn't find anything, I have to important question:
    1- I can use the palm centro the new one on metro pcs?
    2- Is there any webpage were a I can find Information , tutorials or guides related to this subject?
    Please I need help.

Thank you in advance

Feedback Score
    I too began getting the "Unknown error" / ""undef_" / "Download to card" / "Your device does not support this file type" error. I think it started happening mid-August around the time I tried to use Craigslist on my phone. Soft reset didn't fix it. I did a hard reset and messed around with it for a while but couldn't download anything, it just sat there on a white screen... however it is most likely due to not putting in the Proxy settings before I re-synched it. Now I get the error again.

Will hard reset it and try to redo my Web settings to see if I can get it working before I restore the data.

EDIT: Nevermind. I hard reset the Palm, set the stylus settings, went to Network, configured my settings, went to web, put in the Proxy, then went to a web page and it immediately prompted me if I want to save a file. When I dismissed the warning about non-sprint file downloads, the problem began anew, asking me if I want to download a file with every webpage I go to.

If it's a setting, it's in flash rom and not the phone's volitile memory area. I downloaded an app to check file associations on the phone and set ".*" to Web and the problem persists. I don't know what do to, I think MetroPCS revoked something.
    Last edited by Gamehulk; 08-27-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Feedback Score
    Okay the temporary fix is to switch to this proxy in the preferences of the Blazer web app:

port 443

It's a free proxy in Riyad, Saudi Arabia so buyer beware. At least it works.

MetroPCS is only allowing Opera type browsers access their web, all of the MetroPCS branded phones are running Opera. Good luck running opera on a 755P because the crap doesn't work, crashes upon launch, all the time every time.

Thanks to gabrielurrutia at mobile-files forum for posting that solution. More info HERE

EDIT: GOT OPERA WORKING. Install IBM WebSphere Micro Environment Java Virtual Machine 5.7.2 first. Install the files J9JavaVMMidp20.prc, JavaVMCheck_enUS.prc, fileconnect.prc, pimop.prc, PIMPrefs.prc. DO NOT install webservices.prc or WS-Security.prc, you don't need em. Go into prefs > IBM Java VM and turn on Double Buffering and Use High Res Coords, set the http proxy to wap.metropcs.net:3128 (use this proxy because it allows Opera, blazer needs the Riyad proxy), set Memory maximum to 4MB (maybe more, not sure), set maximum java thread stack size to 32Kb. Hit done, then go install Opera Mini 4.2. Launch it and it'll run no problem. Friggin' miracle. I wasted my whole day at work trying to fix my stupid Treo 755p today.

Feedback Score
    Yes by any chance could you give me the instructions that where given to you to change and reprogram my palm 755p to metro pcs service

Please and Thank You

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence_r1
    Yes by any chance could you give me the instructions that where given to you to change and reprogram my palm 755p to metro pcs service

Please and Thank You
    To get the phone to work with MetroPCS, you have to have it flashed. I bought mine pre-flashed. The guy who sold it to me provided me with the EIN and serial of a Nokia phone to which the Palm Treo was flashed. Nowadays, you can just take it to a MetroPCS and have it flashed. They do that now. Either way it is an intense, arduous process that cannot be described here.

If you bought the phone already pre-flashed to work with MetroPCS, you should ask the guy who sold it to you. If you want your phone flashed, take to a MetroPCS store and ask them first, if not find someone who can do that work.

As far as the unlock codes to unlock the phone and put in your number, they give that to you when you call MetroPCS and ask to activate a phone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast