Thread: For anyone interested, the .pdf with the text changes

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score

For anyone interested, the .pdf with the text changes

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/fil...-20EN-pdf.html

Scroll down and wait for the timer to finish, then click download.

Sorry for the lame way of uploading, but it's too big to upload to hofo directly, and i'm only on a lunch break anyway

I meant to upload this a few days ago. But lazyness set in...

Notice the return of the unlimited text messaging for $15. $5 more than the grandfathered, but at least it's available again.
    Work _________________________________Blackberry 9700

Twitter: @BBMacD-Where I will tweet new info when i'm too lazy to post it! (often)
    Former Bell Dealer
    Former Bell Mobility Employee

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32 GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for that, an interesting read (especially the "For Internal Distribution Only" line )

I think the thing that makes me irate is the whole "aligns with current pricing" thing. F' you Bell, don't be such a follower. If I were Bell, I would keep things status quo and use that as an advantage to TAKE business. "Tired of being nickle and dimed by the competition? Don't want to pay for things you can't control, like incoming texts? Bell is the way to go!"

I'm no marketer, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that it could be a good marketing tool. I guess they must have done the analysis and figured it was better to pillage customers without texting than it was to steal business.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch White
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    hmm we need these memos everytime they're released lots of good juicy information

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy III
    Carrier(s)
    Telus | Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdogs377
    hmm we need these memos everytime they're released lots of good juicy information
    Then I suppose you'll like all the rollout maps too that will get everyone fired in 15 seconds, lol.

JobAids like this are nothing to be worried about, lol.
    TELUS Mobility - $50.00 per month (36 Month Term) (Personal)| $300 Port-In Credit
    350 Minutes (per second) | 6pm Eve & Wknds | Unlimited CDN LD | Unlimited SMS | Call Display | Voicemail | 6GB Data

BELL Mobility - $38.00 per month with Bell Bundle (12 Month Term) (Business)
    400 Minutes | 6pm Eve & Wknds | Unlimited Incoming | 500 LD Mins | Call Display

Feedback Score
    Hmm so the Roaming Text will be 60c and not $1.14 as mentioned in the other thread. So they've matched Rogers and Fido...... Only time will tell when Telus does the same then.....Grrrrrr!!

-mike

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdogs377
    Nothing in that .pdf is a secret. If a customer asks, those are the answers we are to provide. I posted it because of the misinformation and misunderstandings in the other thread, and I felt it deserved its own thread, so it wouldn't as easily get overlooked.

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Feedback Score
    So the big news from this is that texting is changing from free(included) when roaming in the States to 60 cents.

Wow.. I really don't understand how Bell plans to stand out anymore. To me, this was one of their best advantages.

Device(s)
    Fido Sony Ericsson Z520a
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    The other post talks about a $3 option which would include unlimited incoming (and shown as an option on the bell.ca site) but this pdf does not mention it, does this mean it will be fazed out? If so, would it be wise to subscribe to it now to lock it in before the change or are they just going to force me to go to the $5 option anyways? I know it sounds cheap (we are talking about $2 difference) but I really don't send many more than 10 texts a month but I receive a lot more than that. TIA

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanexley
    The other post talks about a $3 option which would include unlimited incoming (and shown as an option on the bell.ca site) but this pdf does not mention it, does this mean it will be fazed out? If so, would it be wise to subscribe to it now to lock it in before the change or are they just going to force me to go to the $5 option anyways? I know it sounds cheap (we are talking about $2 difference) but I really don't send many more than 10 texts a month but I receive a lot more than that. TIA
    To get unlimited incoming, you just have to subscribe to any texting option. The cheapest one is $3. They've offered this option for many years and I doubt it's going away.

Feedback Score
    Good to see that unlimited SMS is back, but I'm not happy about the price increase....that's steep.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8100 Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    you gotta love the positioning statements Bell puts in their propaganda handouts:

"We are constantly striving to offer the highest quality of services possible. In order to maintain our high standard of service, it's occasionally necessary to alter our pricing structure to align with competitors and account for network usage."

can someone let me know where these high standards of service are, let alone where they are "maintaining" them?? their service has slid downhill over the years...by their logic, they should be charging less to align with their level of service.
    Sammy740: It's ironically called BlueChips...something Bell isn't.
    Bell's new marketing slogan: Over promise, Under deliver.
    "System Access Fees are charged by all wireless companies to help pay for the network and the ongoing software, technology and other upgrades to that network. Generally, the higher the fee, the greater the opportunity to invest in network quality to enhance your experience. Just one more reason to choose Bell. "

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy III
    Carrier(s)
    Telus | Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjeffer
    you gotta love the positioning statements Bell puts in their propaganda handouts:

"We are constantly striving to offer the highest quality of services possible. In order to maintain our high standard of service, it's occasionally necessary to alter our pricing structure to align with competitors and account for network usage."

can someone let me know where these high standards of service are, let alone where they are "maintaining" them?? their service has slid downhill over the years...by their logic, they should be charging less to align with their level of service.
    The sad thing is that I have a co-worker that uses these types of lines and I throwup in my mouth daily while on shift.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    BELL Mobility
    Feedback Score
    MacD, in a past thread didn't you offer us Bell HoFo users free unlimited texting if Bell decided to charge for incoming?

Device(s)
    HTC One Developer Edition
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I currently have the 500 msg package.

With this new plan, I should still receive free incoming texts (as long as it's not a pay service or something stupid like that) right?

Also, if I head down to the US, and I text, is it still included for free or am I going to have to pay the $0.60?
    ---==[ dmpP ]==---

photography
    twitter
    blog

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmpp
    I currently have the 500 msg package.

With this new plan, I should still receive free incoming texts (as long as it's not a pay service or something stupid like that) right?

Also, if I head down to the US, and I text, is it still included for free or am I going to have to pay the $0.60?
    No offence, but did you even read the thread or the pdf?

Incoming will be free for anyone with a texting package. Roaming texts (from the States, etc) are 60 cents per message sent. Incoming roaming messages are the same as in Canada.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast