Page 148 of 159 FirstFirst ... 48 98 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2379

Thread: Bell's Retention Thread

  1. #2206
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    640
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shce View Post
    I did everything the same, for the same reasons. Fido/Koodo/Virgin is the only way to go with an unlocked phone. Their offerings are virtually identical. Bhell has lost 3 of my lines lines to Virgin (if you want to call moving from Bhell to Virgin "lost"), with the last coming in September after my own 3 year contract is done. $40.50/month is perfectly fine for me as well.
    Virgin is run by bell also.
    _____________________
    FREEDOM MOBILE
    [/URL]

  2. #2207
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,309
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G [s] 16GB white
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers-Canada's Wireless Leader
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by d1ulove View Post
    Virgin is run by bell also.
    Based on their post, looks like they know that already.
    Apple: iPhone 2g 8GB x2, iPhone 3G 16GB x2, iPhone 16GB 3G [s] iPhone 32GB 3G [s] CURRENT
    SE W910i x2, SE W610i, SEW810i x3, SE W580i, SE Z710i, SE K750i, w200a, w600i, k790a, K550i
    BB Pearl, BB Curve, BB 8110, BB Storm 9530
    Samsung D807, u600 x2
    Nokia 6820, 3220, E71
    LG TU500, LG TG800, LG VU TU915
    Moto Razr V9, RAZR V3i x2, V3x, V3xx, V3 x2, Moto A780, RIZR Z3
    HTC Touch x3, HTC s710, HTC S621 x2, Fuze, Dream


    1,000th post - Jan 14th, 2009. 11:20pm

    HoFo Feedback
    Ebay Feedback

  3. #2208
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0
    Still a relatively new poster here. I just got off the phone with Bell. Coming to the end of a 3 yr contract, and I got a "loyalty plan", not advertised online apparently.
    For $45 per month I got

    500 calling daytime (including Canad wide LD)
    Unlimited evening and weekends - evgs start at 5 PM.
    Unlimited texting International, (that's a new one that I had not seen before)
    500 meg data
    Large VM box

    This is better than I had hoped. Comes close to some of the smaller regional competitors, and I didn't want to change carriers, due to coverage issues at my cottage. Happy camper. For now.

  4. #2209
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,309
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G [s] 16GB white
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers-Canada's Wireless Leader
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim1950 View Post
    Still a relatively new poster here. I just got off the phone with Bell. Coming to the end of a 3 yr contract, and I got a "loyalty plan", not advertised online apparently.
    For $45 per month I got

    500 calling daytime (including Canad wide LD)
    Unlimited evening and weekends - evgs start at 5 PM.
    Unlimited texting International, (that's a new one that I had not seen before)
    500 meg data
    Large VM box

    This is better than I had hoped. Comes close to some of the smaller regional competitors, and I didn't want to change carriers, due to coverage issues at my cottage. Happy camper. For now.
    Data is a bit low but that's not bad for the price. Does this qualify for any phone?

  5. #2210
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0
    No. I could have, but that would have needed a contract. I did not want that. No more contracts for me.

  6. #2211
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    Virgin IS Bell so there wouldn't be any change in your coverage. http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/plans/silver.html I'm not shilling for Virgin. Bell's giving you generally the "right off the website" prices you'd see from Virgin. $45 for your 500MB (less 10% if you can bring them an unlocked phone). Their offer is no real bargain and there's no real impetus to stay with them.

    It's like finding the same merchandise from The Bay at a Zellers for cheaper. Same store, less cachet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slim1950 View Post
    Still a relatively new poster here. I just got off the phone with Bell. Coming to the end of a 3 yr contract, and I got a "loyalty plan", not advertised online apparently.
    For $45 per month I got

    500 calling daytime (including Canad wide LD)
    Unlimited evening and weekends - evgs start at 5 PM.
    Unlimited texting International, (that's a new one that I had not seen before)
    500 meg data
    Large VM box

    This is better than I had hoped. Comes close to some of the smaller regional competitors, and I didn't want to change carriers, due to coverage issues at my cottage. Happy camper. For now.

  7. #2212
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    31
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shce View Post
    Virgin IS Bell so there wouldn't be any change in your coverage. http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/plans/silver.html I'm not shilling for Virgin. Bell's giving you generally the "right off the website" prices you'd see from Virgin. $45 for your 500MB (less 10% if you can bring them an unlocked phone). Their offer is no real bargain and there's no real impetus to stay with them.

    It's like finding the same merchandise from The Bay at a Zellers for cheaper. Same store, less cachet.
    Could Not Agree More shce! Also buy your phone un-locked, outright and enjoy a little more freedom.

    BTW, I also considered Virgin but a Co-worker had a repeated bad experience with Virgin CS so I stayed away.

  8. #2213
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shce View Post
    Virgin IS Bell so there wouldn't be any change in your coverage. http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/plans/silver.html I'm not shilling for Virgin. Bell's giving you generally the "right off the website" prices you'd see from Virgin. $45 for your 500MB (less 10% if you can bring them an unlocked phone). Their offer is no real bargain and there's no real impetus to stay with them.

    It's like finding the same merchandise from The Bay at a Zellers for cheaper. Same store, less cachet.

    Yeah. except I have been with Bell for some time now, and I don't wnt to start all over again with yet another unknown.. for the same price

  9. #2214
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have had the same phone number with Bhell since they gave me a StarTAC for free to get me hooked. I have a basic need for minutes and MBs and I can go out and buy a half decent smartphone for $400 and be good for 3 or 4 years without the contract baloney. I feel no such loyalty since they stopped talking turkey with us.

    That being said, in 25 years I've NEVER failed to achieve a successful connection and complete a call with their network anywhere, including most basements, so I can agree with your loyalty there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slim1950 View Post
    Yeah. except I have been with Bell for some time now, and I don't wnt to start all over again with yet another unknown.. for the same price

  10. #2215
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,309
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G [s] 16GB white
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers-Canada's Wireless Leader
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shce View Post
    I have had the same phone number with Bhell since they gave me a StarTAC for free to get me hooked. I have a basic need for minutes and MBs and I can go out and buy a half decent smartphone for $400 and be good for 3 or 4 years without the contract baloney. I feel no such loyalty since they stopped talking turkey with us.

    That being said, in 25 years I've NEVER failed to achieve a successful connection and complete a call with their network anywhere, including most basements, so I can agree with your loyalty there.
    This is the one thing I just don't understand. You've been with Bell 25 years and are happy with the service. The whole benefit of buying your own phone and not being on contact is so you can jump ship whenever a better deal comes along. Since you haven't done that, why not just take the free hardware? I mean you need the service regardless, might as well get something for it.

    Maybe I see that side more since I sold for 5 years through university, but if you're not going to take advantage of changing carriers, I'd take the only free thing they give you.

    Just my $.02.

  11. #2216
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    120
    Device(s)
    Iphone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Bell 07 Dec - ?
    Feedback Score
    0
    Plans continue to cost more for less. I agree that if you're happy with your current plan and it's cost then it makes nothing but sense to buy a phone outright and stay put.

    My 5 year old Fab 10 nation wide, txt, pics, video, 200 local minutes, weekends free, vm, 500GB data continues to be a good fit for me and all for $50 per month.

  12. #2217
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    640
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by volvik View Post
    Plans continue to cost more for less. I agree that if you're happy with your current plan and it's cost then it makes nothing but sense to buy a phone outright and stay put.

    My 5 year old Fab 10 nation wide, txt, pics, video, 200 local minutes, weekends free, vm, 500GB data continues to be a good fit for me and all for $50 per month.
    After I get my HUP in bell I cancelled it paid the device balance and move.

  13. #2218
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,309
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G [s] 16GB white
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers-Canada's Wireless Leader
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by volvik View Post
    Plans continue to cost more for less. I agree that if you're happy with your current plan and it's cost then it makes nothing but sense to buy a phone outright and stay put.

    My 5 year old Fab 10 nation wide, txt, pics, video, 200 local minutes, weekends free, vm, 500GB data continues to be a good fit for me and all for $50 per month.
    But I pay $55, got a subsidy and have unlimited Canada wide minutes, unlimited text, 1GB of data, call display and voicemail. So essentially the exact same except double the data, which I use, and I got a phone for it. To each their own though

  14. #2219
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,113
    Device(s)
    Huawei P20 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by volvik View Post
    , 500GB data .
    WHAT!? How!?
    People fight too much on this forum. Can't we all just be friends?

  15. #2220
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by savbers View Post
    WHAT!? How!?
    Talked to the retention dept, (now known as loyalty) when your contract is about to expire. I told them I was looking at the competition.

Page 148 of 159 FirstFirst ... 48 98 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bell Bell Corp. Retentions Number?
    By marcus44 in forum Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Solo
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 03:31 PM
  2. Bell Bell's retention phone number?
    By johnnyriv in forum Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Solo
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 05:52 PM
  3. Bell where is the retention thread??
    By kochi1984 in forum Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Solo
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 12:02 PM
  4. Bell Bell Customer Retention?
    By BellHop in forum Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Solo
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 04:15 PM
  5. Bell I got to try out Bell's Retention Department
    By SweetCell in forum Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Solo
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 07:03 AM

Bookmarks