Thread: Question about NGage QD in Canada

Feedback Score

Question about NGage QD in Canada

I am considering buying a Ngage off ebay, and noticed that in the US they are either locked to Cingular AT+T or T-Mobile.

In Canada I use Rogers, and from recent experience with modding my RAZR V3re I noticed firmware that was based off t mobile would not work on my V3, only firmware that was based off Cingular. I assume this was because Rogers used to be AT+T and Cingular is now AT+T or something like that.

Since it seems one can unlock any Nokia phone for free these days, should I worry about which provider the phone was originally locked too? More specifically, if I buy one that was locked to T mobile and unlock it, will the unlocked software work with ALL sim cards?

Feedback Score
    The QD is a DCT4 phone, so those are easy to remote unlock........just Google the unlock calculator for DCT4 and you are set to go.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    How much do they cost now?
    -Laynie

Carrier(s)
    Your mom
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laynie
    How much do they cost now?
    $50-$100, used to new on ebay, from what I've seen recently, just bought a brand new unit for my brother in law, strictly for gaming, most games are really cheap used, IMO, the original and QD N-gage are far better at gaming than N-gage 2.0 on my N95, I have 41 original games, and always hunting to complete the set at 71 games

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yea.. I love it too. Mines is sitting around broke. Where did yov see them for under 100? Ebay gives of 122 at the cheapest

Carrier(s)
    Your mom
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laynie
    Yea.. I love it too. Mines is sitting around broke. Where did yov see them for under 100? Ebay gives of 122 at the cheapest
    that must be for "buy it now" price, I see used ones starting at $16.50