Thread: Sony ericsson w810i

Device(s)
    Now using- Work phone-sony ericsson k630i. Show off phones-Nokia N95-4 US 8gig and Sony Ericsson p1i
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

Sony ericsson w810i

My SECOND SE phone.

Amazing phone. Although i liked the look and feel of the k750 more, this one was great too. Always got compliments for it.

CAMERA,
    Quality was good. Not as good as my k750 but now with the new drivers, the quality looks just as good.

WALKMAN,
    as a music player, this phone kicks box handset i've had, besides the w850i (review coming too). The mega cars coupled with the headphones was amazing.

Battery,
    I found the battery life to last longer than the k750 simply because on the k750 the camera protector would open, activating camera mode even if locked,

I cant think right now but ill edit later on and add more info

Carrier(s)
    • Verizon Wireless •
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I agree with most of your points...

The w810i is a very nice phone, probably my favorite of anything SE has produced in the last few years. It's solidly built, just the "right size", and is a great performer...especially for a phone at its price point. A tremendous value, if you ask me.

The only real complaint that I have, is the problem that has been documented time after time on this and pretty much every mobile phone forum on the web: earpiece volume!!! Although the volume can be corrected with modifications, bone stock the handset is terribly hard to hear incoming calls on. Volume is very subjective though, with some having more issues with this than others.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6300
    Carrier(s)
    Sony Ericsson
    Feedback Score
    Camera:
    3.2 megapixel autofocus feature and a Xenon flash and multishoot capabilities

Memory:
    it comes with 512 MB of memory, which can be further enhanced by using a memory Stick Pro Duo.

Device(s)
    Now using- Work phone-sony ericsson k630i. Show off phones-Nokia N95-4 US 8gig and Sony Ericsson p1i
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilejazz
    Camera:
    3.2 megapixel autofocus feature and a Xenon flash and multishoot capabilities

Memory:
    it comes with 512 MB of memory, which can be further enhanced by using a memory Stick Pro Duo.
    not othe w810 mobilejazz.. its 2.0 mega pixel with no where near 512 internal memory i had a 4gb ms pro duo card in there and that worked just fine for me

youre probably thinking of some other phone..

Device(s)
    Nokia 6300
    Carrier(s)
    Sony Ericsson
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrmarchuk
    not othe w810 mobilejazz.. its 2.0 mega pixel with no where near 512 internal memory i had a 4gb ms pro duo card in there and that worked just fine for me

youre probably thinking of some other phone..
    you are absolutely right, these are not its specification, this answer was for another post, by mistake posted here.

Device(s)
    U1i - R1BB041
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Having had 3 w810i's over the years - all EU2 variants I still have to
    disagree witht he ear piece volume issue. The majority of complaints
    regarding this have been US based - Firmware issue perhaps ?

Other than that "whinge" the w810i has been my all time fav SE doing
    everything you couls ask or want from a small, solid and reliable handset.
    I still have one as the inevitable backup for when the "bling" handset
    dies ;-)
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Carrier(s)
    • Verizon Wireless •
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glorfingal
    Having had 3 w810i's over the years - all EU2 variants I still have to
    disagree witht he ear piece volume issue. The majority of complaints
    regarding this have been US based - Firmware issue perhaps ?
    Having had six w810i's since their release...and having had the US based Cingular (AT&T) branded models, the from-importer variants and direct-from-Sony models as well...I can testify that there are no variables in the earpiece volume. Well... perhaps a tad...but certainly nothing drastic. I actually had my own personal quest going to find a "good one"...but every one I ever tried (I tried more than I bought) had earpiece volume that was little more than whisper-loud, even at maximum adjustment.

But...even after all that, I still own one at least for the time being. If I keep it, I'll have the drivers modded and be happy.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    im actually considering selling my k630i, my p1i and my nokia n95 and getting 2 w810's. mod one out like crazy and keep the other just in case . or maybe getone k750 and one w810

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I just picked up a used w810i, and even at max volume, it is almost unusable. A friend has the same phone but his is better, so I'm not positive if mine is 'typical' or if his is better, or mine has a defect.

Some have mentioned modding drivers. I don't know much about these things. How can I get it done? Is there anyone in the west GTA that can help out?

Thanks

Device(s)
    Tmobile BB 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    try checking out the modding forums on here...i didn't know diddly squat about stuff like that too, but i just took my time and researched...i had my first w810 for almost a year and sold it...i got a used one off ebay for a good price and decided to try and mod it..after a while i got used to it and modded the acoustic and cam drivers...the sound from the external speaker is ridiculously loud now(music is played at 3-4 bars and it's still loud) and earpiece is significantly louder than stock...

Device(s)
    Motorola T720
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I do plan to browse the forums for these advanced modifications, but if you could perhaps direct us to the specific thread that you found on here that would be great.

cheers in advanced.

Device(s)
    Tmobile BB 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1358131

and for various acoustic and cam drivers, Google is your best bet...i lost the link for the ones i used...other than that, it's not that hard to do, as long as you back up your phone first, and follow directions, it'll be all good. i got it right on the first try and gained confidence as i played with the program a lil bit more...

Device(s)
    Motorola T720
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    cheers. Much appreciated. I did manage to find a few things whilst whizzing around the WWW.

Feedback Score
    I agree with most of your piont.