Thread: after housing change i860 screen only shows white

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

after housing change i860 screen only shows white

Hey guys, been a couple years since I've used these forums, where'd everybody go? Guess nextel isn't the hottest type of phone anymore....

after housing change i860 screen only shows white. All the plugs are in teh appropriate slots, fully battery, etc. didnt break anything in the process, nothing was forced together, etc. Was very careful. The phone turns right on no problem, but screen stays white. I can even hear the beep when it gets service. Am i missing a step?? Much appreciated, would save me 200 bucks if anyone can help.

-Travis
    --Anyone want a water damaged i1000 plus?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by human88
    Hey guys, been a couple years since I've used these forums, where'd everybody go? Guess nextel isn't the hottest type of phone anymore....

after housing change i860 screen only shows white. All the plugs are in teh appropriate slots, fully battery, etc. didnt break anything in the process, nothing was forced together, etc. Was very careful. The phone turns right on no problem, but screen stays white. I can even hear the beep when it gets service. Am i missing a step?? Much appreciated, would save me 200 bucks if anyone can help.

-Travis

sounds like someething happened to the ribbon for the main screen.. does it show anything on the caller ID screen?? if not then sounds like you did something to the main flex ribbon.. if it's only the inner.. then the small ribbon or connector got messed up... let me know if you need an inside screen