Page 4 of 112 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1667

Thread: HTC Touch Pro and Touch Diamond (replacements for the p4000 and touch)

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    357
    Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia II
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North York, Toronto
    Posts
    12,429
    Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    thats one gorgeous piece of a55. but they still need to get rid of those buttons. hopefully i can pray that they listen for the cdma version (i know they wont but i can hope)

    gsm badboy 256mb of ram. now u really never need to close a program

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oak Bay, BC
    Posts
    352
    Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro - MightyROM 4.95
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman
    thats one gorgeous piece of a55. but they still need to get rid of those buttons.
    What advantage would that be? The target market for full QWERTY devices are those who prefer tactile buttons (side, front & keyboard) over them being taken away for no reason other than style over substance. It can be quite preferable for one handed operation - holding the phone and using that hand's thumb.

    From a Mogul, I'd rather not lose any of the buttons and it will be sad if the Raphael lacks a scroll wheel. Having options for UI is better rather than what I see as a dumbing down to follow a 'touch' fad.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North York, Toronto
    Posts
    12,429
    Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bbg
    What advantage would that be? The target market for full QWERTY devices are those who prefer tactile buttons (side, front & keyboard) over them being taken away for no reason other than style over substance. It can be quite preferable for one handed operation - holding the phone and using that hand's thumb.

    From a Mogul, I'd rather not lose any of the buttons and it will be sad if the Raphael lacks a scroll wheel. Having options for UI is better rather than what I see as a dumbing down to follow a 'touch' fad.

    im not sure why people continue to interpret remove face buttons with remove side buttons. the side buttons have no effect on screen size. i want a bigger screen as most people have stated. they would prefer a bigger screen with one or no buttons. theres button on the keyboard if i need them ill use those

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    800
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 CDMA
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman
    im not sure why people continue to interpret remove face buttons with remove side buttons. the side buttons have no effect on screen size. i want a bigger screen as most people have stated. they would prefer a bigger screen with one or no buttons. theres button on the keyboard if i need them ill use those
    Yeah, I'd prefer mostly screen on the front, but I like the call and end buttons. Call button mainly just to get a dialer up no matter what you're doing. I could make do without a d-pad if there was a good clickable scroll wheel.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oak Bay, BC
    Posts
    352
    Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro - MightyROM 4.95
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ahh, but I still like a d-pad. The flexibility of UI plus as devices get more powerful that retains a classic and built in option for gaming. The CALL & END buttons are also necessary as I do not want to have to view and search a screen to accomplish fundamental tasks..

    The more buttons the better! I like tactile options for key mapping, particularly with media players (stop,play/pause, volume, FF/RW, next/previous, etc.., voice command, changing screen aspect (an accelerometer function will be disabled for me if I'm lying down and using the device), etc...

    I do like the 5 row QWERTY keyboard.. No more using the FN key to get access to numbers!

    Screen size? Yes, bigger would be nicer, but even the slightly larger screen realestate of the Xperia is not increasing the pixel pitch. Tradeoffs must be made, and for the current crop of mass produced displays with these resolutions, that's the pitch and thereby screen size that we have. Just as 2.8" QVGA became the previous norm. Keep the buttons and it'll work well enough for me....and the iPhone is large..

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North York, Toronto
    Posts
    12,429
    Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    more pics thanks to...

    Quote Originally Posted by Surur
    Some more great pics here. The camera has a flash on the Raphael.

    http://translate.google.com.sg/trans...hl=en&ie=UTF-8








    Surur

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oak Bay, BC
    Posts
    352
    Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro - MightyROM 4.95
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    It has a white LED 'flash'

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,785
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wirelessly posted (HTC S640: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6))

    Wonder how much this would be without contract. I need to figure how much to save.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North York, Toronto
    Posts
    12,429
    Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skullan
    Wirelessly posted (HTC S640: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6))

    Wonder how much this would be without contract. I need to figure how much to save.
    i think it depends if it has this new 3d touchflo. htc has been extremely silent about this phone while boasting the touch diamond and this scares me. if it has it then i say 600 or 650. if it doesnt same price as p4000

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    800
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 CDMA
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman
    i think it depends if it has this new 3d touchflo. htc has been extremely silent about this phone while boasting the touch diamond and this scares me. if it has it then i say 600 or 650. if it doesnt same price as p4000
    I think you should be more scared about the price. The Raphael has 256 MB of RAM and 512 MB of ROM compared to 192/256 on the Diamond. They wouldn't load it up with that much RAM if they were going to push it as business only device with no TouchFLO 3D. I'm thinking closer to $1000.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North York, Toronto
    Posts
    12,429
    Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spleck
    I think you should be more scared about the price. The Raphael has 256 MB of RAM and 512 MB of ROM compared to 192/256 on the Diamond. They wouldn't load it up with that much RAM if they were going to push it as business only device with no TouchFLO 3D. I'm thinking closer to $1000.

    not if they want to sell any units. by the time it makes it to cdma ur going to see diff nubmers. probably 100something of ram rom doesnt matter to me i got a memory card

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    800
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 CDMA
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman
    not if they want to sell any units. by the time it makes it to cdma ur going to see diff nubmers. probably 100something of ram rom doesnt matter to me i got a memory card
    The TyTN II lists for $999.99 right now. I hope that with as easy as everyone makes the MSM720x/750x chipsets out to be, that there would be no reason to cripple a CDMA version unless the first carrier to get it under contract stipulates some anti-competitive conditions.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North York, Toronto
    Posts
    12,429
    Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spleck
    The TyTN II lists for $999.99 right now. I hope that with as easy as everyone makes the MSM720x/750x chipsets out to be, that there would be no reason to cripple a CDMA version unless the first carrier to get it under contract stipulates some anti-competitive conditions.

    if ur talking about the htc kaiser it sells for a lot cheaper than that. its not crippling it its just lesser specs. 100something of ram is more than enough for everyone they dont need to go up to 200. nevertheless u u will not see a 700$ without tax phone sold. rogers can do that with the n95 cuz of whats under the hood but htc would have to up that to 5mp camera to do the same

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    800
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 CDMA
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman
    if ur talking about the htc kaiser it sells for a lot cheaper than that.
    I knew you would say that. The TyTN II sells for 700-800, a little higher than your projected 500-600 and it came out last August. Are you honestly going to believe that a model with better specs will come out and sell for $200 less than the year old model? Wow. Wishful thinking. Your best bet is if your carrier picks it up for significantly less, like the Tilt.
    its not crippling it its just lesser specs. 100something of ram is more than enough for everyone they dont need to go up to 200.
    When you're standing next to the guy with a GSM phone and he's got more memory, you sure feel like its crippled! From what I understand, the Diamond needs the 192 to run all the TouchFLO 3D apps.
    nevertheless u u will not see a 700$ without tax phone sold. rogers can do that with the n95 cuz of whats under the hood but htc would have to up that to 5mp camera to do the same
    A quick search shows J&R with the TyTN II at $800, Amazon at $735, and Negri Electronics at $708. According to you they must not be selling any. Negri has the lesser Tilt at $550, but jakeypoo will sell you one for $350.

Page 4 of 112 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast

Bookmarks