Thread: SE P1i Questions: (or any feedback about the phone)

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Question SE P1i Questions: (or any feedback about the phone)

I have a few questions I would love answered by anyone with a P1i.

1) Has anyone found an app that can be downloaded that works with the P1i that will allow me to use the flash as a torch. I love the torch light on my Samsung e900 (the phone im leaving behind for the p1i)

2) I was reading about the green tint when taking photo's, has this problem been fixed?

3) I also read in a review. (i think phonearena.com). it said that i can have unlimited contacts and text's saved. So will i never need to delete texts again (its always annoying deleting the texts on my e900 every week or so)

4)does the phone support threaded texts?

5) is the screen hard or soft & can it be used with just my fingers(iphone)?

6) how would the speed compare to the iphone's web browsing?

7) how is the phone with rogers, Im located In thornhill (markham area) anyone with experience from that area with this phone?

8) can i download any symbian os app for the phone or does it have to say P1i compatible

9) can i use my own headphones with the handsfree attachment?

**If you own the phone i would love to hear what you think about it. Im planning on buying it from pacific mall for $380 Can next week. I have been reading as much as i can about this phone, i dont think these questions have really been answered, sorry in advanced if they have been.

Thanks alot
    Dave Kertesz

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    anyone? still looking for answers

Device(s)
    Nokia 6280
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I got some questions about this phone as well!

Can you do video ringtones with this phone?

And does anyone know how good the web browser really is on this phone?

Device(s)
    Now using- Work phone-sony ericsson k630i. Show off phones-Nokia N95-4 US 8gig and Sony Ericsson p1i
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes you can do video ringtones. You can set different video for each caller etc. I will be writing a review for the P1i a little later on. Its an awesome phone. The only thing that annoyed me is that you cant really play games on it because the directional buttons are placed wierd..

The web browser for it is great. You can move the web page around by touching the screen with your finger and moving it around. I still prefer opera mini though. Faster loading.

Its a nice phone tho ;-) i still have it even after buying a N95 lol. Good luck!

Device(s)
    Now using- Work phone-sony ericsson k630i. Show off phones-Nokia N95-4 US 8gig and Sony Ericsson p1i
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    1.i didn't find an app for it but i just pressed the camera button and after camera loaded, pressed capture button half way to provide light. Gives half the light of flash but still really good lighting if you need it.
    2.never had problem with green tint so im guessing yes.
    3. Yes. Loved that too.
    4.no. Just regular text.
    5.hard and soft. Alot more accurate than iphone. I tried both, P1i you can use soft part of finger and nail, both work nice.
    6. Not sure about speed, same i believe.
    7. Donno. I was tmobile,
    8. No idea. I only installed java apps
    9.you can use the adapter to plug your headphones into it. But i find that SE gives really good headsets, nice bass and all.

I'd say this phone is great. On ebay i believe you can get for 350 brand new with free gifts and get a squaretrade warranty, 3 years will cost you around 40 bucks and that covers everything. I still have my P1i and im actually going to sell my N95 and keep my P1i ;-) its THAT good. You can draw on pictures and stuff. This time tomorrow look at reviews section and ill have a review up for it hopefully

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Well i got the phone 3 days ago. and WOW. I LOVE IT. I think the best part is going to the contact list and quickly drawing an "R" on the screen and BOOM your in the "R" contact section. But....As much as i love the phone... It broke. I was at work tonight and i try to take up my stylus and....my stylus top part broke and now the shaft of the stylus is stuck in my phone. Im going to go to pacific mall tomorrow to get it fixed. I got some china glue and glued my replacement stylus where the threads are. I hope china glue was ok to use.. i didnt have any super glue. So anyone who has the P1i i would glue your stylus ends so this doesnt happen to you, (i saw post of the stylus breaking but no one had it break inside the phone like me

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    one quick question, I love the case the phone comes with, but do i need it, does this phone scratch up easily? and what about the screen does it scratch easy?
    PS. Web Browsing is a dream, cant watch any flash tho I use mini opera btw

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8900 Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I had my stylus-tip break and got stuck inside the phone before too. I ended up taking the second stylus apart w/ the 3 parts (tip, metal tube, top), taped the two metal tubes together and stuck them into the chamber to unscrew the stuck tip out. This worked very well, so i hope this helps anyone in the future who may have the misfortune of this happening.

Unfortunately, when i tried to superglue one of the tips on, i screwed it on too tightly and ended up breaking the tip anyway. So all in all, i still lost a stylus. But so far, have not had any problems w/ the second one. *knocks on wood*

Quote Originally Posted by kertesd
    Well i got the phone 3 days ago. and WOW. I LOVE IT. I think the best part is going to the contact list and quickly drawing an "R" on the screen and BOOM your in the "R" contact section. But....As much as i love the phone... It broke. I was at work tonight and i try to take up my stylus and....my stylus top part broke and now the shaft of the stylus is stuck in my phone. Im going to go to pacific mall tomorrow to get it fixed. I got some china glue and glued my replacement stylus where the threads are. I hope china glue was ok to use.. i didnt have any super glue. So anyone who has the P1i i would glue your stylus ends so this doesnt happen to you, (i saw post of the stylus breaking but no one had it break inside the phone like me

Device(s)
    sony ericsson p1i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hi have a question as well.

How do I activate the moible data internet... no clue on where to start.