Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blackberry Messenger question

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBigg
    Anyone can help me? If I'm traveling to the US and I am roaming on another network I pay roaming charges for data to use BB messenger??
    Yes you do.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by negronese
    can someone here confirm that it doesnt charge? my family in hk has blackberrys and im here in the US. it would be great if its free.. i kno somone said it all depends on your data plan. so if i have unlimited data and them as well, it should be free right?
    Yes. It will be free

Feedback Score
    Question - sort of relating to this - if I am roaming (Canadian citizen in the US for a day) and I BB msg my friends back in Canada do I get charged for roaming data or does that count as part of my plan?

Going to Buffalo with some friends in a few weeks and they want me to pick up some things for them. In case I need to ask them a question about said item I figured calling = roaming plus LD whereas BB pin perhaps not. Thoughts?

Sorry if this is off topic!!!
    ~ alisaan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alisaan
    Question - sort of relating to this - if I am roaming (Canadian citizen in the US for a day) and I BB msg my friends back in Canada do I get charged for roaming data or does that count as part of my plan?

Going to Buffalo with some friends in a few weeks and they want me to pick up some things for them. In case I need to ask them a question about said item I figured calling = roaming plus LD whereas BB pin perhaps not. Thoughts?

Sorry if this is off topic!!!

When you're roaming on another carriers network in the United States you will incur data roaming charges for data use on your BlackBerry.

Device(s)
    Iphone4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BB 8320
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.18 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I have a question. If I'm in the USA and have a friend in any other country who aswell has a blackberry. Are there any charges when I communicate with him via BB messenger? What's the criteria for this situation? And charges if any involved?? Thanks for your help.
    I have a friend that works for Rogers, stating I would get charged if using BB messenger out of the country. But i said the heck with it and used it anyways lol. The bill came and no charge in sight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2