View Poll Results: How is mail pushed to your phone?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync

60 81.08%
  • Easysync or other compatiable Lotus Notes Offering

0 0%
  • BlackBerry Connect+Blackberry Enterprise Server

2 2.70%
  • Emoze

2 2.70%
  • Seven Beta

10 13.51%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: How do you get your Mail pushed to your phone?

Carrier(s)
    Lord Rogers
    Feedback Score
    There still are quite a few bugs that need to be ironed out by SEVEN.
    Howard Forums Feedback
    Redflagdeals Feedback

BB - 9900, 9700(x3), Bold(x5), 8820(x2), 8800, 8100, 8320(x2)
    HTC - Diamond 2, Diamond, Polaris, Artemis, Desire, Desire Z
    Nokia - E72-2, N97(x2), E75(x2), Sapphire Arte, 5800 XM, E90, N95-4,E71-2(x4),E65,N82,8600,3120
    Sony - W810i
    Samsung - D807
    Apple - iPhone 3G 8GB(x2), 16GB(x3), iPhone 3GS(x5), iPhone 4 16GB, iPhone 4 32GB, iPhone 4S 64GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPhone 5s 64GB, iPhone 6 128GB

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G[s] (Black 32GB, Blackra1n JB 3.1.2, Blacksn0w UL 5.11)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I use the Seven beta software. Been using it for over 6 months now. I think its awesome. I really dont think there are any bugs that prevent it from doing what its supposed to do. For those who only used Cingular's XpressMail version, the current beta version is light years ahead of it. While it is still beta, and there are things that can continue to be improved, it does what it says it does very very well, IMO.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I previously used the SEVEN beta on a Dash and my Tilt. It worked well for what it was, but FM > Outlook (as noted in my first post in this thread).

Device(s)
    Nokia E90
    Carrier(s)
    TDC Mobil (DK)
    Feedback Score
    FlexMail is only > Outlook if you're not using Outlook with Exchange.

Device(s)
    Tilt 1
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Gmail + rule to forward email to phone as text message ([email protected]) = poor mans push.

It helps if you have unlimited texts too. Fortunately I only use this for email with specific subjects or senders.
    |< | /\/\ ( ) Cal

Device(s)
    Nokia E90
    Carrier(s)
    TDC Mobil (DK)
    Feedback Score
    First person I've seen to do it this way, I've also heard there are several companies that do the samething but split the message up into multiple 160 character chucks.

Feedback Score
    I'm amazed there are so many people here who don't have Outlook provider by their employer. I'm going to create a separate poll about it...
    Note: If you need support for your HTC device, please contact HTC Customer Support. I am not a support technician and will not be able to help in most instances.

Device(s)
    Tilt 1
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Urthwhyte
    First person I've seen to do it this way, I've also heard there are several companies that do the samething but split the message up into multiple 160 character chucks.
    It's more of a way to see if I need to respond to the email or not. I can get enough info usually from the first part of the email. If it is an urgent email then I just open up Outlook on the phone and email them back.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch (CDMA)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Strata
    I'm amazed there are so many people here who don't have Outlook provider by their employer. I'm going to create a separate poll about it...
    I think sometimes there's more to it than that.

i.e. My employer has exchange, but I can't connect with Outlook. So any contacts, etc. on exchange, I can't back-up / save on my PC.

This means when I leave, I lose all my contacts, and would have to re-enter them.

There's also the question of privacy. Do I want my employer to be able to read all my emails? No.

Plus there's the question of email address. I have my own domain ([email protected]) which I did so that I'd never have to change my email address again. To strictly use my company address would defeat the point in this.

Or some people may want the features of Exchange 2007 and their employer uses 2003.

Device(s)
    Nokia E90
    Carrier(s)
    TDC Mobil (DK)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gayjam
    I think sometimes there's more to it than that.

i.e. My employer has exchange, but I can't connect with Outlook. So any contacts, etc. on exchange, I can't back-up / save on my PC.

This means when I leave, I lose all my contacts, and would have to re-enter them.

There's also the question of privacy. Do I want my employer to be able to read all my emails? No.

Plus there's the question of email address. I have my own domain ([email protected]) which I did so that I'd never have to change my email address again. To strictly use my company address would defeat the point in this.

Or some people may want the features of Exchange 2007 and their employer uses 2003.
    Several good points, it's a huge shortcoming of ActiveSync that you can only have it hooked up to one Exchange server instead of say both a work and personal server.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm using 1and1 and it seems OK, but does anyone know why when you click on some random thing in Outlook it occasionally goes into "not responding" and then recovers(nevere crashes). Is it a server capacity thing and/or do other Exchange servers do it?

I got 1and1 to get the free Outlook 07 with a free trial.

Carrier(s)
    Lord Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonix
    I'm using 1and1 and it seems OK, but does anyone know why when you click on some random thing in Outlook it occasionally goes into "not responding" and then recovers(nevere crashes). Is it a server capacity thing and/or do other Exchange servers do it?

I got 1and1 to get the free Outlook 07 with a free trial.
    Sherweb has the same thing no?

Device(s)
    iPaq 910
    Feedback Score

Seven Wonders...

I came to know about Seven Beta from this thread and have been using it since last week. I must say that I am loving it. My current setup is that the work mails are being received through Exchange Push (as earlier) and all other emails (gmail, hotmail, yahoo and another OWA account) are being pushed by Seven. It works great. I was initially hesitant to use it as some posts referred to it as buggy. But, I did not find any bug yet. Probably they have fixed a lot of things in the latest version. Only thing I noticed that sometimes it takes some time to open pocket outlook. Apart from that, it works flawlessly. The battery life seems to be better than when I was using pocket outlook to poll mails from my other email accounts (hotmail, gmail etc.) at specific intervals. Earlier, I also used Flexmail 2007 and 2008 beta on and off to make use of IMAP IDLE, but I got fed up as it is a memory hog and makes my device very sluggish. I am a very happy camper with Seven now. Whoever used it before and found it buggy, I would suggest them to give it another try. You may have a different experience now.

Device(s)
    Nokia E90
    Carrier(s)
    TDC Mobil (DK)
    Feedback Score
    I'll be sticking with Exchange, nothing like having complete control over the server and mailbox.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4