Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: N82 got old... time to upgrade... but to what?

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    yip i know about this phone, a few of them are on bst...but no more sliders for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pachi
    If you want a new phone get the New 3g Iphone coming out soon.
    what you talking about willis?
    i am in the same cross roads.. cell my culo to apple, or stay true to my essence.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lightningjohn

5.1 megapixels
    multi-point focus
    face recognition
    3x optical zoom

It also has a much better screen than N82 more here

Japan only, of course
    testing all the hypersims, china3gpp, etc will keep him occupied

Device(s)
    Nokia 5800 Blue
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lightningjohn

5.1 megapixels
    multi-point focus
    face recognition
    3x optical zoom

It also has a much better screen than N82 more here

Japan only, of course
    no xenon flash... pass

5800 "Tube" Shipped! Expected delivery 12/8
    N82 - Soon to retire

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    true that

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Why dont you look into the 10 mp camera somebody brought up. I think that even has optical zoom.
    -Laynie

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    needs to somehow get it on vzw, which is a hassle, only koreatown seems to know how.

there is the imobile 902, but it has no optical...and its fairly basic as it is, but cheap

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Laynie
    Why dont you look into the 10 mp camera somebody brought up. I think that even has optical zoom.
    that 902 is the only one i know...and its a pos.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you want to shake it up for a while, try a Blackberry. Or even a Sony Ericsson K850i. If you're bored with the N82 then there is not really anywhere to go within Nokia but lateral. The SE K850i is their premier camera phone right now. The Blackberry route involves a learning curve because Backberrys just do things differently.

Device(s)
    HTC Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    If you want to shake it up for a while, try a Blackberry. Or even a Sony Ericsson K850i. If you're bored with the N82 then there is not really anywhere to go within Nokia but lateral. The SE K850i is their premier camera phone right now. The Blackberry route involves a learning curve because Backberrys just do things differently.

moving to the k850 is a step down imo. the os is much weaker than symbian and the camera isnt on par with the N82's.

Also klas, what are you using for GPS? I use Garmin XT and I get a lock within 20 seconds max. Also if i want to use it really quickly, i use the GPS with Google maps and that locks even faster.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is this about finding a phone with a better camera, or just another phone altogether? The sony ericsson phones will be a step down to the regular phone area, which for me i would get bored quickly with one. But they have good cameras. Possibly widows mobile could be fun to hack.

I've been using the gps on my phone on my trip this weekend, in a new area few hundred miles away, and the lock times have been under 20 seconds. I love the convenience. But i did finally experience the nokia maps issue where it puts me on a road next to the freeway rather than on the freeway. Garmin doesn't do it though. I'm running them both together and it must be a problem with nokia maps.

How about the new samsung g810 or the viewty? Might be good.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile UK
    Feedback Score
    I had the Ke850 and moved up to the N82. i vow to never leave nokia again (except maybe for apple
    -------
    HTC One X - iPhone 4 GSM - iPhone 3GS White 32GB - 5800XM NAM - Nokia N85-3 - N82 - N95 - iPhone 3g - SE k850i - iPhone - Nokia 5700 - KRZR - W600i - e815 - v600 - V710 - V60c
    Follow me on Twitter
    BST FeedBack * HeatWare * My Ebay FeedBack
    Yummy Bandwidth * Fios 25/25

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I agree that the SE K850i is a step down from the N82, but where else are you gonna go? It's different enough to maybe last until the N96 is released. At the very least he'll come away with a better appreciation of Nokias and Symbian s60. It's just something alien to keep things fresh. Playing with the firmware and DaVinci Team could add to the "fun". Clearly it's a phone that takes pictures, but little else. Might be worth while to see how the other side lives.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyinace2000
    I had the Ke850 and moved up to the N82. i vow to never leave nokia again (except maybe for apple
    u need to remove that last few words

Device(s)
    HTC Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter
    Is this about finding a phone with a better camera, or just another phone altogether? The sony ericsson phones will be a step down to the regular phone area, which for me i would get bored quickly with one. But they have good cameras. Possibly widows mobile could be fun to hack.

I've been using the gps on my phone on my trip this weekend, in a new area few hundred miles away, and the lock times have been under 20 seconds. I love the convenience. But i did finally experience the nokia maps issue where it puts me on a road next to the freeway rather than on the freeway. Garmin doesn't do it though. I'm running them both together and it must be a problem with nokia maps.

How about the new samsung g810 or the viewty? Might be good.

avoid the viewty!!!! i had it for 3 days, no lie. the "xenon" is weaker than the N95's led flash, and the camera is real slow at responding. Night shots are the best ive seen on a phone though. Also the touch screen is not responsive and the phone itself feels very very very very cheap. Coming from a N82, you'll think the viewty is a toy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast