Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: N82 got old... time to upgrade... but to what?

Device(s)
    Nokia 5800 Blue
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score

N82 got old... time to upgrade... but to what?

I've had N82 for... 4-5 month and it's getting old... GPS proved to be pretty useless, so in the next upgrade I am really looking for improved camera capabilities. N82 with Xenon flash takes decent pictures, but is there a better camera phone out there with Xenon flash and optical zoom?

5800 "Tube" Shipped! Expected delivery 12/8
    N82 - Soon to retire

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128GB matte black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I just got an N82 this morning. I love it so far, goes great with my N95-4 for when i want a candybar.

I cant think of anything remotely close to the camera on it. My friend has the SE K850i, and even he said the comparison shots we just took are way better on my N82 and N95-4.

If you're tired of the N82, i would say wait it out.

Device(s)
    Don't worry about it. I've used everything.
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Nowhere to go when you're sitting at the top, especially if you're looking for a better camera than what the N82 can do for you.

If you're looking for something better, you might want to look into getting a standalone point-and-shoot, ruining convergence but giving you more options for both phone and camera.

Device(s)
    N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The N82 is arguably the best camera phone on the market at the moment.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    TIGO
    Feedback Score
    since there's no sucessor on the horizon... i'd say it's a keeper for awhile
    IMPROVEMENTWEAR.COM

Device(s)
    E71-1 White, iPhone 16GB 3GS White
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Go get the black one.

Device(s)
    HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/09/l...l-cameraphone/

"Let’s give it up to Samsung right now for releasing a camera phone that can actually live up to that moniker. The Samsung SCH-B6000 is a mobile phone that houses a 10-megapixel camera, along with a retractable lens that allows for up to 3x optical zoom. It includes a 2.2-inch 240x320 LCD screen, and can run video at 320x240 at 30 fps. The phone even has a TV Out port, allowing the user to display both photos and video on a television. The phone is rounded out by EV-DO, MP3 player, business card reader, and Digital Multimedia Broadcasting functionality. Unfortunately, this phone will first be released in Korea at a price of about $950 USD. Still, nice to see Samsung leading the way here. "

post a review after you get one

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    TIGO
    Feedback Score
    hahaha 2006 xD
    i've seen it in The Shops at Columbus Circle in NYC... very big brick!!

OFFTOPIC: Post 1000!! yay!

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    there is no camera phone better than the n82 lmao. and i've heard the GPS works fine. maybe it wasnt useful to you, or did you not use it right? stick with your phone, and get a second phone to use, maybe something flashy like an iphone, but keep the n82 since the camera is top notch. i would keep the phone just as a camera.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Device(s)
    Omnipotent HD
    Feedback Score
    Import a phone from Japan - One of the sharp/nec phones.

Or you can buy an iPhone, I heard that's got the best camera in the western world.
    Buy it. Hack it. Love it.

Device(s)
    Nokia N85-3
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You can always send me your n82

Device(s)
    Sharp 903SH with Aliph Jawbone
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I hope you're joking about the best camera comment lol

But ya, I also suggest that you keep the N82. Get a secondary phone and use that whenever you're feeling tired of the N82. I would say get the iPhone. Its fun to use and has the "cool factor". Plus, once you move back to the N82, you'll appreciate it much more

Or if you are going to take lightningjohn's suggestion about Japanese phones, get the NEC N905i or Sharp 903SH. Very sexy phones with good cameras. The N905i has a 5mp camera with face detection. I plan on getting one once I have some money in my wallet lol

Device(s)
    Nokia 5800 Blue
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    Interesting, no one seems to mentioned about new Samsung phone with S60 software and camera with 3x optical zoom

Device(s)
    Sharp 903SH with Aliph Jawbone
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Do you mean the G810? Well, it does pack xenon and 3x optical zoom, but I've read that the optical zoom takes away from its quality and the xenon was disappointing. It's also supposed to be released at a hefty price tag of 500 euros (almost 800 US) and its feature-set is marginally better than the N95 variations or the N82. Or at least the things that it does do better does not warrant that much of a price difference. But if you do have that kind of money to throw around, I guess it is a contender as one of your upgrades.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    TCheap-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm waiting on the N78, 3.2 MPx should be good enough to carry around daily. I already own a 12MPx Kodak with 720p HD video recording for serious photography.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast