Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: White N95-3

Device(s)
    5800 XM
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo All The Way (tm)
    Feedback Score
    ^^
    I vaguely recall a number of people posting pictures of their all black N95. There should be a bunch of threads on these here forums with pics.

The quality on the white housing I got is decent from what I can tell. I've only had the back cover for about a week, but the front plate has been on for over 5 months. Other than a little dirt on the sides, it looks the same way it did when I first got it.
    Please sir, I want some more.

Device(s)
    Sharp 903SH with Aliph Jawbone
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I bought an all black housing for my N95 and the back + front fit nicely and are pretty good quality but the paint on the keypad is beginning to scratch away on some keys. Probably going to switch back to the original keypad. Oh, a quick question. When I was changing the bottom plastic piece, I saw that the original had some wiring and a metal piece which the newer one didn't have. Do I have to transfer those over? And what do they do? I can probably change the metal piece but the wiring seems to be nontransferable.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note II
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by v1etnammer
    I bought an all black housing for my N95 and the back + front fit nicely and are pretty good quality but the paint on the keypad is beginning to scratch away on some keys. Probably going to switch back to the original keypad. Oh, a quick question. When I was changing the bottom plastic piece, I saw that the original had some wiring and a metal piece which the newer one didn't have. Do I have to transfer those over? And what do they do? I can probably change the metal piece but the wiring seems to be nontransferable.

I have a pdf file version of the service manual for N95. In it it has all the instructions and step by step disassembly of the N95 with pictures. PM me if you are interested.

My feedback:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hlight=rycckor

Device(s)
    Samsung Note II
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thatbronxboy
    lol i just got payed today .... i want it how is the quality if i need to cough up more money i will i just want my freagin phone black ..thanks

[edit] can you show pictures

The quality is okay. As you can see in the pictures, it has the N95 logo on the top of the front cover. The price is very reasonable as you can see on the ebay link.

The pictures were taken with my Tilt so the quality may not be good.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's definitely hot. I'm looking to put a sand cover on my N95-1, but maybe I'll go white instead. Choices, choices....

Device(s)
    Samsung Vibrant
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just got my red faceplate for my N95-2. Front,back top and bottom. I have a question, When I replaced the bottom portion of the case with the USB/power, I noticed some metal contacts on the Original that are not on the replacement, when I swapped it out to the new bottom then no one was able to hear me in conversation so they are obviously for the mic.

Can those contacts be removed from the original bottom piece and placed into the replacement piece? If so how/with what type of tool? If not then that bottom piece is useless?? I'll try to post some pics later on today.
    Thanks

Device(s)
    5800 XM
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo All The Way (tm)
    Feedback Score
    The small metal piece and the green plastic strip on the bottom cover are actually for the gps, not the mic. The mic itself is the black piece between the usb and charger connections.

Quote Originally Posted by coomac
    You also need to transfer the mic and the gps chip. You gotta be very very careful with the last two - the mic fits into a tight depression. The only way to get it out without breaking it is to use something thin and long (I used the tiniest jeweler screw driver I had), stick that into the mic hole at the bottom of the phone. You have to turn it at a slight angle to get under the mic and basically lift up gently to get the mic to pop out.

Device(s)
    Samsung Vibrant
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coomac
    The small metal piece and the green plastic strip on the bottom cover are actually for the gps, not the mic. The mic itself is the black piece between the usb and charger connections.
    Thanks or the quick reply.Why then, when I put the original bottom piece back on did the mic start to work again. Did I forget to rmove the mic from the originalbottom piece? Also Do those metal pieces come out? The circuitboard trace shouldn't be able to be removed, is that needed? I'm trying to avoid to take the phone apart again, but it looks like I need to. Just to look at what I am missing.

Device(s)
    Xperia X10, HTC HD2(2nd), Samsung i8910 (done) SE Xperia X1 (sold) , Samsung i900 (Omnia) (sold)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-mobile (starting tomo)
    Feedback Score
    the circuit board is the GPS receiver. U need that if u want to use GPS function on the phone. This is the hardest part to remove. use something flat to remove that very carefully.

Device(s)
    Samsung Vibrant
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think it was more trouble than it was worth. The green trace can be removed from the bottom piece with care. I used a razor knife and slowly peeled it off, it came off easy. The metal connector that touches the trace pulled out easily. The mic on the other hand, was a ***** to remove. It took some pressure and I thought I broke it pulling it out with tweezers. It took me 8 tries to get those stupid mic contacts to touch correctly. It all seems to work now, GPS locks fast when outside and people can hear me when I call. I'm sure now it will be much easier to remove and replace. Thanks for the help Coomac and all that replyed.

Here are some pics, sorry they are alittle blurry, taken with my wifes N75.

Device(s)
    Omnipotent HD
    Feedback Score
    Wow, that looks VERY nice!

When I saw it I immediately thought "EVA unit 02 N95 8GB, ownage!" Was I the only one?
    Buy it. Hack it. Love it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Vibrant
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lightningjohn

When I saw it I immediately thought "EVA unit 02 N95 8GB, ownage!" Was I the only one?
    I probably would have thought the same thing if I knew what it meant.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lightningjohn

eva 02 is red no black

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wease
    I probably would have thought the same thing if I knew what it meant.
    it's japanese anime

Device(s)
    n95-4
    Carrier(s)
    Att [go-phone hate contracts]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wease
    I think it was more trouble than it was worth. The green trace can be removed from the bottom piece with care. I used a razor knife and slowly peeled it off, it came off easy. The metal connector that touches the trace pulled out easily. The mic on the other hand, was a ***** to remove. It took some pressure and I thought I broke it pulling it out with tweezers. It took me 8 tries to get those stupid mic contacts to touch correctly. It all seems to work now, GPS locks fast when outside and people can hear me when I call. I'm sure now it will be much easier to remove and replace. Thanks for the help Coomac and all that replyed.

Here are some pics, sorry they are alittle blurry, taken with my wifes N75.

im not going to even lie im so making my face-plate that color now im waiting for the black case now ima order the red soon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast