Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: New VZ Navigator Enhancements Coming in April!!

Feedback Score
    Any new news on the release of version 4?
    Any guesses?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XCellX
    Any new news on the release of version 4?
    Any guesses?
    http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...8&postcount=39

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So any word on whether or not I'll be able to get this on the XV6900? I use VZ Navigator on my current phone and I would hate to lose it, unless I can use a free/alternative program.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    so today is the 10th and i've heard nothing new since the april fools day press release. anyone got any inside info as to when this is being released and on what phones or anything at all besides what was in the release?

justin

Device(s)
    bb storm2
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    LAS VEGAS and BASKING RIDGE, NJ — From CTIA WIRELESS 2008, Verizon Wireless, the owner and operator of the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, and Networks In Motion (NIM), the award-winning wireless navigation and hyper-local search company, announced today that the newest version of VZ Navigator(SM) will be available in April on select consumer phones and Windows Mobile devices. With the new VZ Navigator (Version 4), customers in 75 cities from coast to coast will be able to access traffic incidents, traffic updates and find detours around traffic congestion and accidents; more cities are expected to be added in the coming year. In addition, VZ Navigator will offer 3D perspective view, a movie and events finder, weather reports and forecasts, and gas prices at nearby gas stations.

Powered by Networks In Motion, Verizon Wireless’ VZ Navigator service is a location-based service (LBS) application that utilizes GPS technology and real-time information feeds. When the new version launches in April, customers in 75 cities will be able to access the new traffic integration feature. In these markets, routes will be calculated using both historical and real-time reported traffic information – the historical information will allow customers to see on average whether the traffic is impacted by traffic lights, heavy traffic or school zones. VZ Navigator’s historical data covers over 750,000 miles of roads in 48 states across the nation, making travel time estimates more accurate. The incident and flow information will tell customers how traffic is flowing, and will include details about reported accidents, disabled vehicles and congestion. NIM’s Traffic Tracking Center continually monitors conditions along the customers’ routes, sending proactive alerts to drivers about conditions ahead of them on their chosen routes. Detour options allow for comparison of ETA and conditions, before selecting a new route. Traffic information is powered by NAVTEQ Traffic.

Lee Daniels, vice president of consumer product development for Verizon Wireless, said, “Real-time reported traffic information and more allows our customers to truly transform their wireless phones into powerful navigation systems, at a fraction of the cost of other GPS devices. When Networks In Motion adds additional functionality to our VZ Navigator service, it enhances our customers’ overall wireless experiences.”

Other new features customers can expect to see on VZ Navigator (Version 4) include:

Local Movies and Events – Customers can now search for show times, critics’ ratings and other details for movies, concerts, plays, sporting events and other social events based on the physical location of their phones.
    3D Perspective View – Enhances navigation by displaying maps from angles customers would see through car windshields, making it easier to visualize turn-by-turn directions.
    Gas Finder – Provides customers with information on the location of gas stations close to their physical location and even provides gas prices at many gas stations in the area. Once a customer selects a station, VZ Navigator can also provide turn-by-turn directions to the selected gas station.
    Weather – Provides current weather conditions and forecasts based on the physical location of their phones without manually inputting an address.
    Pricing
    The newest version of VZ Navigator (Version 4) will be available next month for $9.99 for unlimited monthly access or $2.99 for one-day use on select Get It Now®-enabled phones in the Get Going section under Travel & Guides or Featured Apps. In addition, VZ Navigator (Version 4) will also be available on select Windows Mobile devices. Airtime or megabyte charges and specific terms of use apply when browsing, downloading and using the application. Traffic integration is only available in certain areas. Verizon Wireless customers who currently have a subscription to VZ Navigator can get a free upgrade by simply selecting Options from the main screen of VZ Navigator then selecting Check for Updates. For more information on VZ Navigator, visit www.verizonwireless.com/vznavigator.

For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.

VZ Navigator’s traffic capabilities will be available on most major highways in the following markets at launch:

Alabama

Birmingham
    Mobile
    Arizona

Phoenix
    Tucson
    Arkansas

Little Rock
    California

Fresno
    Los Angeles
    Sacramento
    San Diego
    San Francisco
    San Jose
    Colorado

Colorado Springs
    Denver
    Connecticut

Hartford
    Florida

Jacksonville
    Miami
    Naples
    Orlando
    Sarasota
    Tampa
    West Palm Beach
    Georgia

Atlanta
    Illinois

Chicago
    Indiana

Indianapolis
    Kentucky

Louisville
    Louisiana

New Orleans
    Maine

Portsmouth
    Maryland

Baltimore
    Massachusetts

Boston
    Michigan

Detroit
    Grand Rapids
    Minnesota

Minneapolis
    Missouri

Kansas City
    St. Louis
    Nebraska

Lincoln
    Omaha
    Nevada

Las Vegas
    New Mexico

Albuquerque
    New York

Albany
    Buffalo
    New York
    Rochester
    Syracuse
    North Carolina

Charlotte
    Greensboro
    Raleigh
    Ohio

Cincinnati
    Cleveland
    Columbus
    Dayton
    Toledo
    Oklahoma

Oklahoma City
    Tulsa
    Oregon

Portland
    Pennsylvania

Allentown
    Harrisburg
    Lancaster
    Philadelphia
    Pittsburgh
    Wilkes-Barre
    Wilmington
    Rhode Island

Providence
    South Carolina

Greenville
    Tennessee

Memphis
    Nashville
    Texas

Austin
    Dallas
    Houston
    San Antonio
    Utah

Salt Lake City
    Virginia

Norfolk
    Richmond
    Washington

Seattle
    Spokane
    Washington, D.C.

Wisconsin

Milwaukee

About Verizon Wireless
    Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 65.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.

About Networks In Motion
    Networks In Motion is an award-winning wireless navigation and hyper-local search company, with products on most major wireless carriers, making NIM’s NAVBuilder platform the most widely used mobile phone navigation service in North America. In February 2008, NIM was awarded the Mobile & Communications Company of the Year Award by the Technology Council of Southern California. Founded in 2000, the company is privately held and headquartered in Aliso Viejo, Calif., with international offices in Sweden and Spain. More information is available at http://www.networksinmotion.com.

#### News SearchNews Archive Keyword Search

Tips Search Top StoriesCTIA WIRELESS 2008 Information Center

Verizon Wireless Says Spectrum Additions From FCC’s Auction 73 Will Further Company’s Broadband Strategy

Verizon Wireless Rolls Out Evolutionary Store Design

M:Metrics Finds Verizon Wireless Leads The Industry In Customer Satisfaction And Loyalty

Close
    herramientas de medios de comunicación españolesel Archivo de Noticias

Paquete de prensa (PDF: 98 KB)

Para ver el paquete de prensa, puede ser necesario descargar el Adobe Acrobat Reader