Thread: P1i Cases

Device(s)
    SE W810i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

P1i Cases

Hey hofos. I'm looking for a nice case to go with my P1i and so far I came to the conclusion that I should either get the BoxWave P1i Armor Case (link ) or the BoxWave P1i Designio Leather Case (link ).

The leather one seems to be better for protection but from the pictures it looks like it might hinder QWERTY typing (on the left and right columns) but i'm not positive.

The aluminum Armor case wouldnt coushin an impact but the QWERTY key pad is clearly open for typing which is nice. Only problem I can see is it looks like it has a plastic screen cover which probably hinders touch screen features.

I can't find reviews for either so I was hoping someone on here would hear my plea for advice.

Thanks

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile/Voicestream,
    Feedback Score
    lol im using a leather pouch for the tmobile wing nd it fits perfectly.
    --- here is my HoFo feedback ---
    my SE hbh-pv705 review

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

(\__/)
    (o.O )
    (> < )

Device(s)
    Nokia N95 8GB HP IPAQ 614
    Carrier(s)
    3 Sweden
    Feedback Score
    I would recommend Piel Frama. Bought a crocodile version for my little brother and it looks great!

Device(s)
    g1
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    im actually looking for the SE case, the ICE40, but i cant find a retailer that carries it (without ridiculous shipping).

its a holster not a case, so im not sure if it suits ur needs.

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^| |___
    |--Mazda Racing-----| ||'|";,__.
    |_..._...___________| ||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""""*|(@)(@)******(@)

Feedback(13-0-0)

Feedback Score
    More information on the armor case from the website. The screen is made of plexiglass and if you click on the last picture, there is a gif animation to demonstrate on how to access the touchscreen. I think this is a good fit since it opens like a book to access the touchscreen. the case would be really good if you are only calling people, but would be a little more "work" to flip open the case to send messages.
    http://www.boxwave.com/images_bw/pro...se_anim_lg.gif
    I haven't bought this case (though i am researching alot) but based on the pics that i saw and looking at my phone to see whether this case has been well made, i came to the following observations:-
    Overall, it is a good case, because even though the metal case would scratch or dent or whatever, there is a foam casing inside the metal case to absorb the impact, and to hold the phone in place (for the back, where the camera is). If anything the plexiglass would definitely be a better protection for the touchscreen in my opinion.
    Moreover, if you are only handling phonecalls, most of the phone functionality (ie calling, finding contacts and saving numbers) can be accessed though the jog dial, back button and keyboard.
    Since there is more than sufficient space at the bottom to allow the p1i to comfortably sit on the desktop charger, having the case flip open and accessing it would definitely be a pleasant experience.
    However I do agree that if you are the user that constantly accessing the web, play games or access applications, this can be awkward to hold the phone like a book. I guess this is the trade off.
    Honestly, i think the armor case does its job to accommodate a user from all levels. By looking at the case and reading up on it, the design was definitely made for the user usability with easy access, and enough protection. Compare the design with the leather design in the post, and you will notice the similarity between the two. I would rather protect the touch screen more than the keyboard, and with the armor case, this might do the job it needs to do. This is perhaps the best case I had seen for the P1i.
    Any other cases or holsters that would be a good fit for this phone ?
    Here's a link (better pics and probably better information) of the variety of cases for the Sony P1i
    http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product...oducts_id=6338
    There is a clearer picture for the armor case too.