Thread: WTF is wrong w/ATT data - constantly going down

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    Stinkular
    Feedback Score

WTF is wrong w/ATT data - constantly going down

i've been having a lot of problems lately. its on and off in NYC. i'm getting tired of this nonsense and considering sucking up the ETF to switch to verizon's unlimited voice/data plan. its about what i'm paying now.

anyone else having on again off again data troubles? it doesn't seem to matter between 3G/E.

Device(s)
    N95
    Feedback Score
    I am in NYC, midtown, and in Queens, and use data constantly on my n95-3..no problem here..

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I use that data on my iphone and data card all the time without any problem. I am in the Dallas, Texas area, but travel as well.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    it was down last week.... but otherwise its basically always working for me
    More bars in more places: an alcoholic's dream come true.

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    Stinkular
    Feedback Score
    i'm getting dropped calls on 3G as well. this really stinks big time. is it the phone or the network. i'm on 14th St in manhattan.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BTwannabe
    i'm getting dropped calls on 3G as well. this really stinks big time. is it the phone or the network. i'm on 14th St in manhattan.
    Any chance you are experiencing capacity wows...that's a major league dense area?

BTW; That was the first I want AYCE (all you can eat) Verizon deal post I've seen...didn't take long!

Now I can add AYCE to m2m as the reason I can't make a call or data gets slow!
    Today a group of leading venture capitalists published an open letter to the FCC calling on them to prevent what they say would be the end of net neutrality and a crippling blow to young startups.
    No Google, say it ain't (or wouldn't of been ) so! ATT and Verizon would have killed their own cash cow.

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    Stinkular
    Feedback Score
    its starting to tick me off. i have 4 bars and calls are dropping all over the place today. you might be right about the capacity. i haven't had any problems up until recently.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    no problems out west. i wonder if your phone is the culprit or maybe network overload. i have to imagine the network near 14th street in Manhattan would have overload capacity forsight designed into it. hopefully its just a temporary issue!
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Family Talk 700- 5 Lines
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it is the BJ that might be your problem.
    ▼Visit my Blog▼

▲..................▲

Device(s)
    N95
    Feedback Score
    i am saying it's the capacity..
    i just switch to ATT, prior to this, i was with Verizon, and used to work near union square.

This is w/ verizon and union square

around 4-5pm, i get full signal, and dropped call all the time, or it won't dial out grr... and this is with verizon.

it's like a deadzone down there.

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    Stinkular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bodeh6
    If it is the BJ that might be your problem.
    that's what i thought too. i had the old-old one that was subject to the recall, and i started having problems during that bona fide data outage a few weeks ago, so i swapped it out at the store. now i don't know whether its the network or the phone. nobody else in my office has a ATT 3G phone, so i don't have anyone to compare notes with.