Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Data Overage Protection – Another Rogers First!

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Data Overage Protection – Another Rogers First!

Data Overage Protection – Another Rogers First!

Unexpected data usage can take customers over their plan allotment and lead to large, unexpected charges. We are pleased to introduce a new and exclusive Overage Protection feature that ensures costs will be minimized in these cases. As the amount of megabytes used increases, Overage Protection automatically decreases the per megabyte rate.

How Does Overage Protection Work?

The Overage Protection feature starts working when your customer goes above the amount of megabytes in their data plan.

For the first 5 megabytes (MB) outside of their data bucket, the rate per MB will be $10 or $7 (depending on the plan - see below).
    For the next 5 MB over, the rate drops to $5 per MB
    For the next 10 MB over, the rate drops to $1 per MB
    Anything after the 20th MB of data, overage will have a rate of $0.50 per MB
    The Overage Protection feature will activate automatically when the customer goes over their monthly data allotment and adjusts their costs based on their actual usage. This means they are always paying the best possible rate for the megabytes they use each month.

The overage protection feature is included in all BlackBerry® and Windows Mobile Plans with Monthly Service Fees ranging from $15 to $60. There’s no extra charge for this feature. Existing customers will be grandfathered.

Important – Customer Communication and Service Agreement Attachment
    On Page 3 of this bulletin, there is a one page document titled “Additional Pricing Information for Data Overage Protection.” Due to the self-adjusting nature of the Overage Protection feature, the page needs to be explained to the customer and attached to the customer’s service agreement at the point of activation as per the Consumer Protection Act. The page will also be available at rogers.com/overageprotection.

Overage Protection

Monthly Service Fee
    BlackBerry
    Windows Mobile
    First 5 MB Over
    Next 5 MB Over
    Next 10 MB Over
    All Overage After 20 MB

$15
    1.5 MB
    2 MB
    $10
    $5
    $1
    $0.50

$25
    4 MB
    4 MB
    $10
    $5
    $1
    $0.50

$40
    7 MB
    8 MB
    $7
    $5
    $1
    $0.50

$60
    25 MB
    30 MB
    $7
    $5
    $1
    $0.50

Feedback Score
    I wonder if they added up all the overage data and found out there's more net revenue doing it this way
    -true say

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    wouldn't it just be easier to make it unlimited data instead of all this :-)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogersMotoMan
    wouldn't it just be easier to make it unlimited data instead of all this :-)
    This proves it Rogers does not care about what Telus is offering THEY ARE CLUELESS!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy showing your quarterly results to your share holders Ted

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by naznbert
    Enjoy showing your quarterly results to your share holders Ted
    That is exactly what he is doing every quarter.

I am glad I am a shareholder.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note (ICS 4.0.4)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless Ontario |
    Feedback Score
    Let me guess, we still require to call data support to see if they could tell us how much we are over our limit. I would have expected a TXT msg notifying you that you are over your limit and are entering the "5MG rate". But hey that aint going to happened anytime soon

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Homicide
    Let me guess, we still require to call data support to see if they could tell us how much we are over our limit. I would have expected a TXT msg notifying you that you are over your limit and are entering the "5MG rate". But hey that aint going to happened anytime soon
    Wel they do still REQUIRE you go over your limit or Ted has to give up the Ferrari'ssss

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note (ICS 4.0.4)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless Ontario |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by naznbert
    Wel they do still REQUIRE you go over your limit or Ted has to give up the Ferrari'ssss
    LOL and to pay for another bad season by the Blue Jays.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 9530 Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Telus (Super IM15)
    Feedback Score
    wow!
    now it takes a math professor to know whats going on

this is nut... its like Rogres doing this on purpose so you wont even bother counting, and/or trying to get you confuse

I looked at some ads on Rogers today, they all look hella confusing, things like... You'll get charge $5 for the first 5min, than after which its $4.5, than little later its $3.4, than if this and that you will be $2.39 and b ynow you wouldnt even care anymore etc, etc...

crazy stuff!

Device(s)
    HTC DZ
    Carrier(s)
    Belly laugh
    Feedback Score
    I guess they looked at what was providing the worst press - stupid huge data overage bills. So instead of coming up with a usable data plan they reduce your overages.
    Suckage....
    At least they are changing -albeit slowly

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile Canada
    Feedback Score
    haha thoses overage price is so weird instead of making an easy ul solution.

Anyway bell overage is so easier: put directly on the 1gig 65$ plan

which btw make rogers data overage protection second=/

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Rogers first my ***. Bell had this a long time ago.
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Wouldn't need overage charges on Data, if Rogers would up their game to match Telus' plans.

Rogers' customers are getting bent over. I've put over 110 Megs since the middle of January and have 0 balance.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullan
    Wouldn't need overage charges on Data, if Rogers would up their game to match Telus' plans.

Rogers' customers are getting bent over. I've put over 110 Megs since the middle of January and have 0 balance.
    We bend over and take it with a smile too

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound T¡Ther
    Carrier(s)
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    For True Overage Protection Leave Rogers for Telus Unlimited PDA & Tethering plans.
    For Overage Protection for UNLIMITED Home Internet @ reduced rates & 1 month Free no worry trial PM me!

l do applaude you folks who respect your elders & support an Old Man named Ted!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast