Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: :: NEW USERS READ THIS FIRST - Stuff you probably won't find in the WIKI ::

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Really you have done a great job Drakkhen. You have clearly specified the features and advanced terminologies of iphone. It helped me a lot to know more about my iphone.

====================
    Sam
    Used Apple Laptops

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    As someone new to the forums I thank you so very much for defining so well the terms and language!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hey all. I'm new here and just wanna say wow, thanks! Great forum and info. Still reading through...

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have a new 3g iphone with the latest up grade 2.0.2 I would like to make a phone conversation recording with Iphone is it possible with the soft ware itunes the iphone will not support this can any one help

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    good info! thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung R450
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks for this!

Device(s)
    Iphone 3G 8GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    As a newbie I really appreciate all of the guidance that has put here to help us out.
    THANX

Device(s)
    nokia 6265i
    Carrier(s)
    telus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    hey every one just sending shout out and thank for all the great info keep up the good work

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    again, good step by step instructions in flowchart form; and via diagrams..

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=2311

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/ Cingular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by a in yul
    again, good step by step instructions in flowchart form; and via diagrams..

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=2311

Good job Drakkhen, although i still didn't understand a word about it it's like your talking in a different language, but i would still like to JB my phone.

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by BearsYZF
    Good job Drakkhen, although i still didn't understand a word about it it's like your talking in a different language, but i would still like to JB my phone.
    lol, basically its a diagram that lets you choose your situaiton; iphone, itouch, 1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd gen, etc;

once u choose your specific case u can choose the diagram corresponding to your situation and then click onto a video turorial;

hence very basic and extremely helpful...!!

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/ Cingular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by a in yul
    lol, basically its a diagram that lets you choose your situaiton; iphone, itouch, 1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd gen, etc;

once u choose your specific case u can choose the diagram corresponding to your situation and then click onto a video turorial;

hence very basic and extremely helpful...!!

I know if i do this myself.. somehow i will mess it up. I wish i was like Neo and they could just download all the smart and techy stuff into my brain

Device(s)
    Iphone 3G
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hi everybody, I hear you all talk about upgrading the firmware and unlocking and jail broken, I bought my 3G 8G IPhone of EBay and it works fine as a simple phone with a Tmobile, prepaid sim card, it also cruises the net fairly easy, what I am not sure of is what is the advantage of upgrading my present firmware of 2.2 to something higher?lLike 3.0S? IS going to give signigicant difference in speed and/or downloading apps, is it going to allow more apps that I cant download now for I get them message my phone needs upgrading to a higher firmware, can somebody tell me in laymen terms how and should I upgrade my firmware and do I risk turning it into a 500$ paperweight?
    thanks, boulonman

Device(s)
    lg cu500 6230 b, 6682
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    great info, thanks!!
    eight years on hofo, n00b.

Trollers suck!
    IWDCP Sergeant

Device(s)
    Iphone 4 32Gb Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by boulonman
    Hi everybody, I hear you all talk about upgrading the firmware and unlocking and jail broken, I bought my 3G 8G IPhone of EBay and it works fine as a simple phone with a Tmobile, prepaid sim card, it also cruises the net fairly easy, what I am not sure of is what is the advantage of upgrading my present firmware of 2.2 to something higher?lLike 3.0S? IS going to give signigicant difference in speed and/or downloading apps, is it going to allow more apps that I cant download now for I get them message my phone needs upgrading to a higher firmware, can somebody tell me in laymen terms how and should I upgrade my firmware and do I risk turning it into a 500$ paperweight?
    thanks, boulonman
    no risk.
    you can go about it 2 ways

1. upgrade using a modified firmware from pwnage tool.
    pwnage tool takes the official apple firmware file (that you can download via links at iclarified.com from apple's servers onto your comp) then injects the jailbreaking code into it. Then when you restore to that firmware you use the modified file and boom it's jailbroken. Then you unlock using ultrasn0w from cydia. (that's a zero in sn0w)

2. upgrade like normal either using itunes or apple's firmware. The current latest baseband can be unlocked and the current firmware jailbroken. Run blackra1n from blackra1n.com and also install blacksn0w to unlock (you'll see it's very easy; one button press basically).

reasons for upgrading?
    for a 3g really just so apps can be updated. Also may need 3.x for mms? I'm not sure what other enhancements there are for you. Looks around you may find some other reasons.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast