Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: What are the best GSM WiFi phones in the market now?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    S.D. CA 92109
    Posts
    2,343
    Device(s)
    iPhone 4[S]
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular(#1) Verizon(crap) Tmobile(#2)
    Feedback Score
    0
    All that said I would never take a N95 over a iPhone. Those things came out like a year ago. I remember seeing them in the shops ages ago and they weren't interesting then and certainly aren't interesting now. You see nokia scrambling to make a iPhone like device with a touchscreen, you don't see apple hurrying to make a thick feature/smart phone with a numeric keypad. I'm not at all a apple fanboy but I'd have to say Apple wins here.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,006
    Device(s)
    Don't worry about it. I've used everything.
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Of course they won't. If they built a device that has everything, they'd never be able to milk its sales with minor feature updates over time to make its projected sales numbers. If they built an open device that can download files and send them freely, it would take money out of their pockets. At the end of the day, Apple's goal is still to make money, and everybody who thinks they're riding the touchscreen wave of the feature locked future is willing to pay top dollar for it.

    Apple may have one the ignorant US market, but they have a long way to go before complete assimilation.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles area & PA/NJ, USA
    Posts
    17,403
    Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    i'm not of the opinion that the n95 is thick or clunky. anyone who has held one in their hand would realize how tiny the n95 is. same size as the n75 with the flip closed. now GSP, 5MP camera and all the other stuff it has, in that size of a device, is one huge engineering victory. when the iphone can even record video, then we can talk about what manufacturers want to mimick.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|


    | My HoFo Feedback |

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mumbai/Mississauga
    Posts
    10,130
    Carrier(s)
    Lord Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeL
    All that said I would never take a N95 over a iPhone. Those things came out like a year ago. I remember seeing them in the shops ages ago and they weren't interesting then and certainly aren't interesting now. You see nokia scrambling to make a iPhone like device with a touchscreen, you don't see apple hurrying to make a thick feature/smart phone with a numeric keypad. I'm not at all a apple fanboy but I'd have to say Apple wins here.
    It's only hit the US market the way apple planned. It's most definitely not going to happen outside USA/North America.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    S.D. CA 92109
    Posts
    2,343
    Device(s)
    iPhone 4[S]
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular(#1) Verizon(crap) Tmobile(#2)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymisra
    It's only hit the US market the way apple planned. It's most definitely not going to happen outside USA/North America.
    I don't know why people keep telling me that. Did I ever insist otherwise? Still, it probably will become popular once the 3g version is released.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mumbai/Mississauga
    Posts
    10,130
    Carrier(s)
    Lord Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Iphone is too locked down, people dont understand this concept. People in US are okay with locked phones with proprietary stuff on it, not the rest of the world. Sure, 3G might be an issue too, but lack of features (dont want to list them over and over again) might not appeal others. claiming Iphone winner seems a bit incorrect.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,006
    Device(s)
    Don't worry about it. I've used everything.
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    The markets outside of the US aren't complaining about slow data speeds. It's everything else that's causing it to fail in comparison.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mumbai/Mississauga
    Posts
    10,130
    Carrier(s)
    Lord Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    ^^ Quite correct.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,615
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymisra
    Iphone is too locked down, people dont understand this concept. People in US are okay with locked phones with proprietary stuff on it, not the rest of the world. Sure, 3G might be an issue too, but lack of features (dont want to list them over and over again) might not appeal others. claiming Iphone winner seems a bit incorrect.
    Yea but it looks really cool! And all the cool kids are buying them! And the ipod is good! And if people dont like the features its missing they should have done their research! And EDGE really does load faster than 3g. 3g is overrated anyhow! Why? Because steve jobs says so! Mms? Who needs it? I can try to remember the carrier all my friends and associates have and pray i remember the email domain for that carrier! iPhone is the best!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    2,638
    Device(s)
    Samsung i8910
    Carrier(s)
    Anything GSM
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeL
    I don't know why people keep telling me that. Did I ever insist otherwise? Still, it probably will become popular once the 3g version is released.
    It would be hilarious if the first iPhone to have 3/3.5G is only 2100!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,615
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dimsum05
    It would be hilarious if the first iPhone to have 3/3.5G is only 2100!
    Dont see that happening. ATT was the one who leaked the 3g iphone rumor. They most likely will get any new iphone product first. It would be funny though!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    S.D. CA 92109
    Posts
    2,343
    Device(s)
    iPhone 4[S]
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular(#1) Verizon(crap) Tmobile(#2)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dimsum05
    It would be hilarious if the first iPhone to have 3/3.5G is only 2100!
    That's what always kills me with these unlocked phones.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    271
    Device(s)
    Nokia 5800 (Red)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    To the OP:

    If you want web-browsing experience, I strongly believe that nothing can compare to the iPhone - at least, at this moment. I'm not an apple fanboy.. if anything, I'm a Nokia "fanboy" (symbian 3rd to be more exact ). However! Apple, being the generic corporate ***holes that they are, refine your "freedom" by not allowing you to download ANYTHING with the safari browser. No audio (of course not), no video, no IMAGES, no texts, nothing. Why? Probably because they want you to purchase anything through iTunes.

    But, if you don't mind that, the iPhone offers a very user-friendly, sleek, super-quick, 16.7 mil colour, and not to mention large, and fun web browsing.

    However, if you want uncontrolled freedom on the net, I strongly suggest some of the newer Nokia S60 3rd devices such as the N95-3, N95 8GB, N82, etc... They have enough RAM power to make your web-browsing experience fast and efficient.

    Hope that helps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bookmarks