Thread: what don't you like about tilt?

Feedback Score

Question what don't you like about tilt?

i am thinknig about selling my iphone( when it gets fixed) and getting a tilt. Is there anything you dislike about tilt?

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I have the TyTN II/Kaiser, its the same phone. There are a few things I dislike.

1. Alarm ringtones must be in WAV format, have to convert my mp3 to wav format.
    2. With a long ringtone for sms and emails the whole track must be played, if I view the message the ringtone should stop but it does not. I'm listening to the whole mp3 track while typing my reply, people around me get annoyed.
    3. Can be faster.
    4. The phone dialer is very slow.
    5. Buttons should be designed better.
    6. Better battery would be better.
    7. QWERTY keyboard can be better, spacebar button should be a tad longer.

There's probably more monor ones but overall I'm very satisfied with the Kaiser/TyTN II.

Device(s)
    Sprint Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by just_visiting
    I have the TyTN II/Kaiser, its the same phone. There are a few things I dislike.

1. Alarm ringtones must be in WAV format, have to convert my mp3 to wav format.
    2. With a long ringtone for sms and emails the whole track must be played, if I view the message the ringtone should stop but it does not. I'm listening to the whole mp3 track while typing my reply, people around me get annoyed.
    3. Can be faster.
    4. The phone dialer is very slow.
    5. Buttons should be designed better.
    6. Better battery would be better.
    7. QWERTY keyboard can be better, spacebar button should be a tad longer.

There's probably more monor ones but overall I'm very satisfied with the Kaiser/TyTN II.
    He's obviously a Windows Mobile rookie. Go here and browse around.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8320
    Feedback Score
    only thing id like is a better battery but ive order an extended battery so no complaints from me

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    it's a fatty.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 - 32 gb - Black
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Weight and battery life. other than that its as close to perfect as i've had

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Screen visibility in sunlight and video performance, but those haven't been bad enough to make me move away. Mine is still a keeper. I'm the only one that loves the weight.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3Gs - 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JwY
    Screen visibility in sunlight and video performance, but those haven't been bad enough to make me move away. Mine is still a keeper. I'm the only one that loves the weight.
    JwY,

I thought you were using an S60 device. When did you move back?
    PDA Lineage
    Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3),Imate K-Jam,Treo 750, HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Touch Diamond(US),iPhone 3G 16GB,iPhone 3GS 16GB

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JNGold
    JwY,

I thought you were using an S60 device. When did you move back?
    A long time ago.
    I had an N95 and sold it for the Kaiser.

I'll probably get another S60 in the future, but I also experienced some of the issues you mentioned in the other threads like 3rd party apps which I need. WM is still my workhorse, at least for now.

You didn't catch my Kaiser review a while back?
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1240003

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The weight used to be a huge issues for me but I think I am over it.

The thickness is really my only gripe. Like JwY also said, not being able to see the screen in direct sunlight is also an issue, but it is not an issue thats specific to the 8925, but more a windows mobile issue.

I sell a lot of unlocked 8925s, much more then TyTN IIs at least. Probably because we sell them for around $200 less, but still - I am not able to keep them in stock because of the demand.

You cannot go wrong with the 8925. It is a nice all around piece of technology. I still like the Touch Cruise more, but I felt the same way with the Trinity over the TyTN/8525.
    @Maevro

Device(s)
    Palm Treo Pro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Slide out keyboard form factor is too inefficient. That's my biggest gripe. I'm contemplating the purchase of the Blackjack II.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maevro
    The weight used to be a huge issues for me but I think I am over it.

The thickness is really my only gripe. Like JwY also said, not being able to see the screen in direct sunlight is also an issue, but it is not an issue thats specific to the 8925, but more a windows mobile issue.

I sell a lot of unlocked 8925s, much more then TyTN IIs at least. Probably because we sell them for around $200 less, but still - I am not able to keep them in stock because of the demand.

You cannot go wrong with the 8925. It is a nice all around piece of technology. I still like the Touch Cruise more, but I felt the same way with the Trinity over the TyTN/8525.
    If only we saw some more pressure touchscreens with the clarity of the Nokia screens in the sun eh?

Device(s)
    Tilt 1
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    -Movies that played flawlessly on my Imate JAM (divx in TCPMP) stutter when played on my Tilt. It's passable, but nut buttery smooth. WMV files are almost like a slideshow in Windows Media Player.

For example: The lo-fi version of the files from windowsmedia.com play well but are so blurry you can't tell what they are. The hi-fi version looks good but then it's jumpy like a slideshow. Not quality enough to watch. Although YouTube and other Flash Video formats now play well through TCPMP. Orb is frickin sweet too!

-When accessing the Windows folder in File Explorer it takes forever to list the directory. Only that one too for some reason

-Sometimes the device temporarily freezes, but you can thaw it a bit quicker by whispering sweet nothings to it to make it's electronic heart all warm and cuddly

Those are the things that come to mind off the bat. Still a great phone for all that it can do. The movie playback is my biggest issue. If that can be fixed by future ROM updates or with the new version of CorePlayer I'll be keeping this phone for a long time like my JAM. The other items are tolerable for now. But the Tilt is very stable and I've only had to soft-reset it a couple times to unfreeze it. For reference I'm still using the bloated ATT Rom. If you can get it at a discounted rate (like $149 refurb or new on some sites) it's the best deal out there.
    |< | /\/\ ( ) Cal

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The battery life on my Tilt has been absolutely terrible. I've been trying to tweak things to figure out why it's as bad as it is, but as it is now, the phone has to be charged at least once per day. I don't make too many voice calls but I do enjoy using Google Maps with GPS enabled...
    Hello, I'm from the Internet.