Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 409

Thread: ATT Premier unlimited upgrade "loophole" closed?

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,125
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I did it twice in a two month period. Just got another free 6085. I always activate the new SIM in the box against the phone I'm using it towards.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    57
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8310 Crimson
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well I'm not able to upgrade but just an fyi for those that may be interested in adding a new line of service the 8310 refurb is 4.99 right now after discount w/ qualifying data plan and $25 instant web discount.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles area & PA/NJ, USA
    Posts
    17,403
    Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chonga
    This is true but i think the best option for me now is t-mo. coverage is solid in the philly area and data plans are dirt cheap.
    Att has an incredible 3g network in philly too.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|


    | My HoFo Feedback |

  4. #304
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,188
    Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ahhh shucks, its closed for me, too. I just bought a refurb BlackJack II ($50!) using my line and I no longer have the option to upgrade anymore.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    31
    Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Oh well.... I upgraded only a couple of times total (I have three family talk lines) but now that I actually do need a new phone because one stopped working, I can't order one... wouldn't you know it.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    650
    Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    i'm in the same boat 10pher... my phone is really breaking now. I only upgraded ONCE through premier (on an account with 2 lines) and the screen broke on my n75 so they said it was not covered as physical damage

    maybe i'll try calling tomorrow about the 50% equipment discount thing because thats my corporate rate too.
    More bars in more places: an alcoholic's dream come true.

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,125
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have a question for all of you out there who are no longer to upgrade through Premier:

    Are all of you guys considered "administrators," for you companies FAN account or simply granted access to make changes?

    For example, as an admin for my company through Premier, I can change employee specific user rights to be able to upgrade or perform any other account settings.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    18,877
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    How can anyone complain that their current phone does not work? They upgraded multiple times and sold the new phones. The upgrades were to replace an existing phone.
    Earl F. Parrish

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,351
    Carrier(s)
    Wal-Mart Family Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    of my three lines, i was able to upgrade the main line last night.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    229
    Device(s)
    Nokia 6285i
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter
    I get a 25% discount on equipment. Yet when i called up and said i just want to buy a phone at no commitment price with my equipment discount, they said that is not allowed. They said it only works when you are eligible for an upgrade. Thats not correct, yet the rep sweared that i couldn't use my discount.
    THat would be because it IS correct - that rep quoted direct from the policy. Equipment discounts can only be used for activation or upgrade, and even then it's a choice btween our discount OR the Fan discount.

    Why the change? Because too many people were upgrading continuously, or buying their friends and family phones, so it was a money loss for AT&T. Eventually they changed it - it's been like that for at least a year and a half, if not longer. A lot of reps just aren't familiar with the policy.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles area & PA/NJ, USA
    Posts
    17,403
    Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrikins
    THat would be because it IS correct - that rep quoted direct from the policy. Equipment discounts can only be used for activation or upgrade, and even then it's a choice btween our discount OR the Fan discount.

    Why the change? Because too many people were upgrading continuously, or buying their friends and family phones, so it was a money loss for AT&T. Eventually they changed it - it's been like that for at least a year and a half, if not longer. A lot of reps just aren't familiar with the policy.
    but that makes no sense to give an equipment discount PERIOD then. so lets say every 2 years i can upgrade my phone, and get 25% equip discount from my FAN. the god [email protected]#mn phone is already free for signing the 2 year deal. every phone is already discounted to the point where its practically free when signing a new contract. so what, the 25% results in ATT paying ME to buy the phone? /rant

    the point is that the 25% discount should be available anytime mid-contract purchase. ATT still makes money. and i actually get to use my corp 25% somewhere. if i use it during my 2 year eligibility upgrade, then its useless at that point! i'm already getting discounts out the ying yang.

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    31
    Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri
    How can anyone complain that their current phone does not work? They upgraded multiple times and sold the new phones. The upgrades were to replace an existing phone.
    I'm not understanding what you're trying to say. I upgraded my old phone to a new one and now the new one is not working. Who said anything about selling the new phone?

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    18,877
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by l0pher
    I'm not understanding what you're trying to say. I upgraded my old phone to a new one and now the new one is not working. Who said anything about selling the new phone?
    Most of the people in this thread are complaining about not being able to upgrade at will. Now some of those people need a replacement phone and can no longer upgrade. I am sure that the people who upgraded six or more times a year do not still have the six phones they bought last year. They have ruined the discount program for the ones who upgrade when they are supposed to.

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Go Caps!
    Posts
    3,514
    Device(s)
    VZW Customer Council Member
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri
    Most of the people in this thread are complaining about not being able to upgrade at will. Now some of those people need a replacement phone and can no longer upgrade. I am sure that the people who upgraded six or more times a year do not still have the six phones they bought last year. They have ruined the discount program for the ones who upgrade when they are supposed to.
    Speak for yourself... I upgraded five times last year and still have every unit. I am not saying the system wasn't abused as there were plenty of posts over the years from people advertising their abuse, however to post that everyone did that is astronomically unfair.

  15. #315
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles area & PA/NJ, USA
    Posts
    17,403
    Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    i never used premier even once. sniff sniff...i just wanted to buy ONE phone as a backup, thats all.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Bookmarks