Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: ATT Premier unlimited upgrade "loophole" closed?

Device(s)
    at&t band Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    at&t mobility - more bars in less places...I want more 3G!
    Feedback Score
    I just got a Option GT Max 3.6 expresscard (I have isp.cingular access) for free, order went through...seems to work for me...
    Victor
    FAN IRU enterprise shared plan + Smartphone international data Plan +unlimited msg + 2 share lines + Dataconnect Plan + Microcell w/ unlimited calling plan
    at&t band Nexus one / Samsung Jack / Novatel Mifi 2372 on at&t
    CRU Blackberry bold 9700 + BB International Data Plan

Device(s)
    at&t band Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    at&t mobility - more bars in less places...I want more 3G!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho-
    I just got a Option GT Max 3.6 expresscard (I have isp.cingular access) for free, order went through...seems to work for me...

Good news! Item(s) you ordered on the AT&T Premier website have shipped. Web Order number: **************

Your FEDEX tracking number is:

To track your shipment(s) online, follow the link below to the FEDEX website.

To activate your device, follow the instructions included with your shipment.
    Once your device is activated, learn how to use it by reviewing our online tutorials.
    If you purchased accessories on back-order, we will complete your order with a separate shipment.
    Thank you again. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you as a customer.

- The AT&T Premier team
    It shipped in a couple of hours. Sorry guys, this is the 10th device I've had in the last 12 months.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    i'm telling on you

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm/Motorola k1m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon;
    Feedback Score
    Have any of you guys ordered through Premier customer service? I thought about calling them and seeing if they would sell me a KRAZR. But I don't want anything to get messed up.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    my order was just canceled and i haven't upgraded yet! I ordered one phone over the summer but it SUCKED so i returned it 5 days later....

I'm calling tomorrow.
    More bars in more places: an alcoholic's dream come true.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Apple Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    One tip I think I've learned.
    When you order a device through premiere, activate the SIM that comes with it. Until you do, it seems that equipment is "parked" on your account as purchased and not activated. Activating that SIM accepts the terms of the 2 year contract extension.
    So if you get a device only upgrade and do NOT activate that SIM, it may show you've not accepted the terms of the previous upgrade and might prevent you from getting another.
    I think there's a way around activating the new SIM by calling CS but I'm not sure what that is.

As far as I know, as long as you've activated that SIM, you can then turn around and upgrade again without issue.

Anyway, just a tip. I read about this on other Premiere threads in the past and my experience has been consistent. No guarantees.
    iPhone 11 Pro 256GB on Verizon eSIM (Get More Unlimited plan) + Mint 2nd SIM.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What about people like me who have never even used premier even once. Yet my order still gets cancelled saying i've ordered more than 4 devices. This sucks.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Carrier(s)
    ATT Nation Family Talk 1400
    Feedback Score

Ymmv

FWIW, I don't think this holds water for everyone. It's a good theory though . I have upgraded handsets three (maybe four) times in the last 14-18 mos and still have my 32K SIM. I've yet to activate the newer SIM which came with each new phone. YMMV, of course. [There's about as much consistency in how ATT does things as ever, eh? .]

best,
    Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by RF9
    One tip I think I've learned.
    When you order a device through premiere, activate the SIM that comes with it. Until you do, it seems that equipment is "parked" on your account as purchased and not activated. Activating that SIM accepts the terms of the 2 year contract extension.
    So if you get a device only upgrade and do NOT activate that SIM, it may show you've not accepted the terms of the previous upgrade and might prevent you from getting another.
    I think there's a way around activating the new SIM by calling CS but I'm not sure what that is.

As far as I know, as long as you've activated that SIM, you can then turn around and upgrade again without issue.

Anyway, just a tip. I read about this on other Premiere threads in the past and my experience has been consistent. No guarantees.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I have in the past. Why not at least try?

-P

Quote Originally Posted by macizcool
    Have any of you guys ordered through Premier customer service? I thought about calling them and seeing if they would sell me a KRAZR. But I don't want anything to get messed up.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by damba98
    FWIW, I don't think this holds water for everyone. It's a good theory though . I have upgraded handsets three (maybe four) times in the last 14-18 mos and still have my 32K SIM. I've yet to activate the newer SIM which came with each new phone. YMMV, of course. [There's about as much consistency in how ATT does things as ever, eh? .]

best,
    Pedro
    When I activate the new sim they extend my contract, so I quit doing that.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon;
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I have in the past. Why not at least try?

-P
    Because I have some perks that I don't want them to accidentally remove. Do they make you go to a new plan?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Nope. I extended the term the first time. The second two (or three) were handset upgrades only. Again, YMMV. Being in a contract is not an issue for me since I enjoy the ATT service and coverage at my home/work/travel spots. I'm not moving anytime remotely soon . Just get them to verify what you should expect with the handset upgrade- record the call if necessary.

-P

p.s. what sort of perks(?) PM me if you must 8-).

Quote Originally Posted by macizcool
    Because I have some perks that I don't want them to accidentally remove. Do they make you go to a new plan?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon;
    Feedback Score
    Nope. I extended the term the first time. The second two (or three) were handset upgrades only. Again, YMMV. Being in a contract is not an issue for me since I enjoy the ATT service and coverage at my home/work/travel spots. I'm not moving anytime remotely soon . Just get them to verify what you should expect with the handset upgrade- record the call if necessary.

-P

p.s. what sort of perks(?) PM me if you must 8-).
    I got some bonus minutes and discounts that were added (I think) incorrectly. I actually just talked to Wal-Mart tonight and the guy said that I can upgrade without having my plan messed with because they do not have access to my account. Is this the route I should go? Their phones are cheaper anyways.

Carrier(s)
    Big Red (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    well, it's over. I found out that they are now initiating the "1 upgrade per year" and you can get one exceptional upgrade.

All I was wanting was to upgrade device only

VZW 4g LTE. Super fast. It's way faster than my wifi.

Device(s)
    Nokia n79-3
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by didefresh2006
    well, it's over. I found out that they are now initiating the "1 upgrade per year" and you can get one exceptional upgrade.

All I was wanting was to upgrade device only

How did you find out about this? And i'm assuming this is per line?
    "Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject, so you know you are getting the best possible information."

-Michael Scott

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast