Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: looking for a solid music phone with long battery life ?

Device(s)
    o2 xda IIs
    Feedback Score

looking for a solid music phone with long battery life ?

Can anyone suggest me a solid music phone with promising battery life ?

Slim candybar design, 3G, FM radio, good audio quality, loudspeaker etc will be an added advantage. Any idea ? My budget is around $250

Device(s)
    SE w960i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Look into Sony Ericsson phones...they generally have really good battery life and the walkman app is pretty good too...If you dont mind locked, the w580 can be had for less than $100 with AT&T. Personally i like the look of the S500 more...basically the same as the w580 but with an older version of the walkman software and i think has a nicer button layout. The S500 can be found unlocked for around $250(give or take). No 3G on either phone though...if you want 3G I'm pretty sure you'll be paying more than $250 unless you get a locked phone...

Device(s)
    Samsung i8910
    Carrier(s)
    Anything GSM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by feed
    Can anyone suggest me a solid music phone with promising battery life ?

Slim candybar design, 3G, FM radio, good audio quality, loudspeaker etc will be an added advantage. Any idea ? My budget is around $250
    What provider do you have? Are you looking for carrier-specific or sim-free?

Device(s)
    o2 xda IIs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dimsum05
    What provider do you have? Are you looking for carrier-specific or sim-free?
    sorry! i forgot to mention that i'm coming from asia.

here's my wish list -

k610i, w660, w880, w610 etc

which one is the best in terms of sound quality ? I know that it's pretty hard to compare these phones since they belong to totally different classes. I am mainly focusing on music, audio quality etc.. I don't really need camera's and other bells & whistles. Any suggestions ? (I've a flexible budget)

Device(s)
    SE w960i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Personally i'd go with the w880 cause its so slim but you'll be losing the FM tuner...

Device(s)
    o2 xda IIs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bankai
    Personally i'd go with the w880 cause its so slim but you'll be losing the FM tuner...
    yeah! unfortunately it lacks FM radio though they've fixed it in their upcoming w890. it also lacks couple of hours of talk time compared to other SE phones. How's the audio quality in w880 ? Does it perform well on loudspeaker mode ?

Device(s)
    SE w960i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I would assume that the loud speaker isnt that good considering how thin the phone is...but im pretty sure the new w890 will be much higher priced than $250. But you can always get a some bluetooth speakers

Device(s)
    o2 xda IIs
    Feedback Score
    I would assume that the loud speaker isnt that good considering how thin the phone is...but im pretty sure the new w890 will be much higher priced than $250. But you can always get a some bluetooth speakers
    that's what i guessed.. even though it's a sexy phone it lacks some key features. What do you think about k630i ? It's only 4.xx mm thicker than w880 (unlike the walkman series, doesn't come with megabass equalizers)

Device(s)
    SE w960i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Personally I like the look of the w660 better...they are basically the same phone but differnt housing...dont really care for the k630's...seems so unrefined...like a prototype or something...i dunno not me but they are almost identically speced so its all personal taste.

Device(s)
    SE w960i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wait...i take that back. The w660 uses UMTS and the k610 uses HSDPA...you should probably check your service provider to decide which phone you get if you need 3G

Device(s)
    o2 xda IIs
    Feedback Score
    Wait...i take that back. The w660 uses UMTS and the k610 uses HSDPA...you should probably check your service provider to decide which phone you get if you need 3G
    only hsdpa, but i still see many w660 phones here.

Device(s)
    SE w960i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    they probably dont mind using EDGE. If you need the HSPDA then there no choice here but if you dont care its just whichever you think looks nicer. The w660 is 1mm thinner but i doubt you or anyone else will notice the difference even if you put it next to a k610...

Device(s)
    o2 xda IIs
    Feedback Score
    they probably dont mind using EDGE. If you need the HSPDA then there no choice here but if you dont care its just whichever you think looks nicer. The w660 is 1mm thinner but i doubt you or anyone else will notice the difference even if you put it next to a k610...
    both w660 & k610 are UMTS only the k630 is hsdpa compliant. do you think that "w" series are better than "K" series when it comes to music ?

Device(s)
    SE w960i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    sorry...got all the numbers mixed up LOL

anyway, the K series generally has the older walkman player installed while the w series has the newest and most up to date version. For some reason the they also disable to MegaBass feature in all of the k series phones except for the k850. If you want music i would stay with the w series...but its not a huge difference so if you like one phone better just the one you like. but if you are undecided i'd go with the w based on your music usage.

Device(s)
    o2 xda IIs
    Feedback Score
    sorry...got all the numbers mixed up LOL

anyway, the K series generally has the older walkman player installed while the w series has the newest and most up to date version. For some reason the they also disable to MegaBass feature in all of the k series phones except for the k850. If you want music i would stay with the w series...but its not a huge difference so if you like one phone better just the one you like. but if you are undecided i'd go with the w based on your music usage.
    thanks a lot mate! i guess it's better to test the phones myself before ordering.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast