Thread: i325 antenna on a i355...

Device(s)
    RIM BlackBerry 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

i325 antenna on a i355...

Can you put a 325is antenna on a 355? I picked up a 355 as a work phone, but would like the better antenna...

How similar are the 325 and the 355?
    "I reject your reality and subsitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Come over here and turn around so I can hit you in the back of the head." Paul Teutul Sr.

[email protected] - thanks to lgreenberg - IM me @ Yahoo....

Device(s)
    iPhone 3gS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes, you can...this has been covered a lot on the forums if you'll search for it..some report it makes a *HUGE* difference, some says it makes none. Owning both phones, and having them side by side, my 2c is that it helps, but just a teeny tiny bit as compared to the i355 stock antenna fully extended. I use the regular i355 antenna on my 355 and just swap the two sims when I'm in BFE, but the difference is truly negligible. The i325 antenna will get you a few more dB, but nothing to write home about...the signal is a little more stable if you're in a fringe area...but you arent gonna get service where service isn't to be had. www.nexnow.com is a great place to get it (not associated with them, but a long time customer).
    Last edited by EMSnATL; 01-14-2008 at 11:12 AM. Reason: typos

Device(s)
    RIM BlackBerry 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I knew there was threads about it, but I couldn't find them. For some reason, my system and HowardForums search don't get along sometimes.

That's where I was looking at them, nexnow.com. I need to order a clip for the phone as well, and I checked into the antennas as well...

I want to use the 355 for a work phone during the week, and then slip my SIM back into my 870 when I want to have a playtoy....

Device(s)
    iPhone 3gS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    hahaha I hear ya, I do the same thing with my i355 and i880...not gonna put such a pretty phone (the i880) on an ambulance in the city of Atlanta lol I've not run across anything yet that we cant break given enough time and frustration