Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G (Sprint) / i325is on Boost
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Modding i580: Yellow and Black

I was thinking of painting my i580 similar to the yellow i530/560. Does anyone know what kind of paint to use on the grey parts? (Front of the flip, battery cover, and the grey area around the keypad). Hoping to just do it without disassembly, because I'm not taking a chance on ruining the seals.

Want to make it look like the beta model that was never released to the public.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    best bet is to find a beta model housing sometime if its available on the net, you wont be able to paint it without taking the phone apart, you will turn the phone into a ugly looking toy, belive me. Plus you dont ruin the seal if you take it apart, i fix these phones daily.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I just heard that even the service centers aren't allowed to take the i580 apart because of the seals making it rain resistant.

Device(s)
    Motorola ic902, i930,i880,i870,i860,i850
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes that is correct that the service center is not allowed to take it apart but it dont hurt ive took mine apart a couple times and i still use it in the shower and no problems

And about the paint i'd recomend having PwrdByKyank paint it for u ive seen his work and its great.
    Last edited by 9_SECOND_EVO; 01-10-2008 at 12:13 PM. Reason: more info

Device(s)
    Touch Diamond - Sprint
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    we take me apart all the time. have extra housings and all. not too hard to repaint it if you want

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch719
    we take me apart all the time. have extra housings and all. not too hard to repaint it if you want
    Any instructions out there on how to do it properly? I would just buy a yellow housing but haven't seen them anywhere.

Device(s)
    Touch Diamond - Sprint
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i dont have exact instructins here how to do it, but it like most other nextel phones. There are 4 T6 screws and 1 T4 screw on the back housing. Case comes apart. There are 3 T4 (i think) screws holding the flip assembly together. Once its all apart its just a matter of putting the pieces back where they go. Not too hard really. If it gets too hard, just put it back together and have a service center or phone repair person fix it all.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch719
    i dont have exact instructins here how to do it, but it like most other nextel phones. There are 4 T6 screws and 1 T4 screw on the back housing. Case comes apart. There are 3 T4 (i think) screws holding the flip assembly together. Once its all apart its just a matter of putting the pieces back where they go. Not too hard really. If it gets too hard, just put it back together and have a service center or phone repair person fix it all.
    What kind of paint would I use?