Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: MMS issues with unbranded devices (ATT, N95-3 and mms issues / Unlocked Phone Discr.)

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

ATT, N95-3 and mms issues

I posted this in the S60 forum as well but maybe someone here has insite or a direct experience... I have an N95-3 and just recently, all MMS messages I am receiving are coming out " small ". Anyone else having issues with tiny size mms on an N95?

Device(s)
    i880, i580, i530 (nextel)
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    An HTC WING i had unlocked i had this issue - just to add

Feedback Score

Its unbelievable that the most

Its unbelievable that the N-Series phones, arent in the profiles for ATT, yeah were an open network, as long as you use our phones.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I sent a 105 kB image to myself and it turned into a 2 kB image.

Quote Originally Posted by FullStrength
    Its unbelievable that the N-Series phones, arent in the profiles for ATT, yeah were an open network, as long as you use our phones.
    As far as I'm concerned, the standard for MMS is flawed. Nobody should have required some giant database IMEI lookup to figure out the capabilities of every phone; instead, the MMSC should query the phone and the phone should be responsible for broadcasting its capabilities to the MMSC. The IMEI should not really matter, nor the brand, nor the model, ONLY the capabilities.

Look at how universal plug-and-play (UPnP) works: each device, in the negotiation phase, tells the other what it can do. That way, no device has to store a gigantic lookup table that maps a unique ID to a set of capabilities. Even better, new devices aren't "broken" until their IDs get added to said lookup table, and nobody has to maintain the lookup table.

Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    This is wonderful!

My d900 was getting full SMS picture size. I just e-mailed a 50KB picture myself.

It's now 2KB on the phone!

All the more reason I should diable SMS and MMS alltogether.. the features are useless to me if ATT is going to muck it up for those who are not using branded phones.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dctmpeg
    This is wonderful!

My d900 was getting full SMS picture size. I just e-mailed a 50KB picture myself.

It's now 2KB on the phone!

All the more reason I should diable SMS and MMS alltogether.. the features are useless to me if ATT is going to muck it up for those who are not using branded phones.
    It is a total nightmare...thing is, it has not been this way until about 2 days ago...that means something happened. They did something.. I don't know what, but they need to UNDO whatever the F they did.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FullStrength
    Even without being in their profiles, it has still worked correctly up until a couple days ago. That leads me in the direction of " someone did something". There is a thread started in the ATT support forums about it as well. I posted in it...someone said they called ATT about it and it is " server related". I suppose we will just be waiting to see if it gets resolved. I'm calling them on Monday...can't wait to be told some horsecrap theory about my unlocked and unbranded, non supported phone.

Device(s)
    T650i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yep same thing happening to me. I used to be able to send a receive nice 640x480 pics no problem. Now, they are being resized down to fingernail sizes. Very disappointing.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T;
    Feedback Score
    I sent to my yahoo, and it received at 640x480 still. But the phone receives a postage stamp. Seems to be a problem on the receiving side.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiux36
    Yep same thing happening to me. I used to be able to send a receive nice 640x480 pics no problem. Now, they are being resized down to fingernail sizes. Very disappointing.

Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    I am able to e-mail myself ([email protected]) the following files to my CU-400:

-Mp3 files less than 300KB
    -*.3gp files, video or just AMR or AAC-LC audio, up to 300KB
    -JPEG images, up to 300KB

They are not modded in any way.

I was in the Allentown, and Philadelphia markets. Previously, MMS worked in South Jersey, Philadelphia, etc. Hopefully it is a server issue though.

I am going to send a image to my Nokia 6010 as a test. This should be fun...

I also may send a file to my friend who has ATT in the same market, on a Samsung A707.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dctmpeg
    I am able to e-mail myself ([email protected]) the following files to my CU-400:

-Mp3 files less than 300KB
    -*.3gp files, video or just AMR or AAC-LC audio, up to 300KB
    -JPEG images, up to 300KB

They are not modded in any way.

I was in the Allentown, and Philadelphia markets. Previously, MMS worked in South Jersey, Philadelphia, etc. Hopefully it is a server issue though.

I am going to send a image to my Nokia 6010 as a test. This should be fun...

I also may send a file to my friend who has ATT in the same market, on a Samsung A707.
    Emails dont seem to be affected...just the receipt of a normal size MMS..

Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    That is strange. For myself, receiving MMS from another ATT customer who had a A707 caused *.3gp files to fail, as well as JPEG images to be turned into 128x96 or so size.

I was able to have the same thing happen with the e-mail method.

Odd... again...

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    so this is nationwide.

this is with ALL unbranded/unlocked phones.

this has nothing to do with an IMEI database, since all our phones worked fine up until a few days ago.

so something was changed on the ATT side.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Device(s)
    Blackberry BOLD
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Have you guys tried to change your IMEI on your account to a 3G phone that is supported? Like an IMEI of a locked N75?

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i just called cs and got transferred to technical support. They know of nothing related to mms changes or problems. It was funny cause the girl said i see you're in philly. When i told her that i am out in cali she comes right back "oh we are having network problems there." i could have said i was anywhere and she would have said that. She also tried to say that my phone wasn't resizing the pics right, so i explained to her that the pics are correct size. Told them i'm using the n75. So nothing was found out. I started recording the phone call but the new voice app i'm using does the beep, so i had to stop it. I kept trying to ask her if she heard of any bulletin that may have been put out in her call center regarding mms lately, but she didn't.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast