Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: change p1i firmware to generic world 1

Device(s)
    SE K750i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

change p1i firmware to generic world 1

I've read that this can be done for free using xs++. someone told me that i just need to change the product code so SE update will recognize it as generic world 1 and update. however, what exactly is the product code for generic world 1? i've tried searching and i can't seem to find it. could someone lend me a hand?

also, has anyone been having trouble with the p1i and wpa personal wifi? mine would connect to the router and disconnect a few seconds later. i'm using the middle eastern firmware.

Device(s)
    Whatever shows up in the mail
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I followed the quoted guide here . It worked like a charm. When running xs++, I don't remember what the exact cda name was (I'm running linux right now and don't feel like booting windows to check), but it had something like wga in the title, and the other cda names looked like they were obviously associated with other regions. If you do get into xs++ and can't figure it out, let me know and I'll check it out again.

After changing the cda, I ran seus and it updated the firmware for me, no problem.

Can't help you with the wpa issue, I've only connected to open and wep networks with my wifi. The only thing I can tell you is that the newer firmware has been a lot more stable for me (not that I had many issues before), so it is possible that it could get worked out in the update.

Device(s)
    SE K750i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by forumreader
    I followed the quoted guide here . It worked like a charm. When running xs++, I don't remember what the exact cda name was (I'm running linux right now and don't feel like booting windows to check), but it had something like wga in the title, and the other cda names looked like they were obviously associated with other regions. If you do get into xs++ and can't figure it out, let me know and I'll check it out again.

After changing the cda, I ran seus and it updated the firmware for me, no problem.

Can't help you with the wpa issue, I've only connected to open and wep networks with my wifi. The only thing I can tell you is that the newer firmware has been a lot more stable for me (not that I had many issues before), so it is possible that it could get worked out in the update.
    oh thank you so much! happy new year!

Device(s)
    Current: HTC Tytn II 8925 Kaiser
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS | FIDO [ Leaving soon =( ]
    Feedback Score
    Hey,
    I'm planning on updating my P1i firmware also over the next 2 days or so, so I just want to know what did you guys use to backup, and what exactly did you backup? I will definitely have my contacts backed up on my SIM, but what else should I back up, and how. Thanks in advance!

I don't have PC suite installed, but I guess I can if needed. I just hate its instability so I've never bothered installing it for the P1.

Thanks again!
    Happy new Years btw.

Device(s)
    SE K750i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i haven't put anything on the phone to backup. but yes you should install the pc suite and back up your contacts. as for software, i think you need to reinstall them, along with themes and ringtones. the best bet is to store themes and ringtones on the memory card and just access them again after format.

Device(s)
    SE K750i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    this is what i found after a long search http://www.my-symbian.com/forum/view...=asc&start=120

the user writes:
    Guys, for you that do not have WG1 or WG2 CDA, it seems the XS++ tool lets you change the CDA easily:

>download XS++ 2.2

>tick smartphone connect and press connect, then do the usual to connect your fone (remove batt, sim, mem card, reinsert battery, hold 'C' and connect)

>once connected go to the GDFS menu on the bottom, and press backup GDFS, once completed dissconnect, remove and reinsert battery, and restart XS++

>connect again and once connected it should show a drop down menu with CDA versions, select P1 WG-1 and press run script, the process should only take a couple of mintues

>lastly, connect into SEUS, it should say that you have a new update available for your fone, start the update, once finished unplug fone and enjoy!

Tks to mobiledoman from esato
    However, you should also make note of this user who ran into an error after following that process.

i did it but after i update phone asking to insert sim card but the sim card is corectly inserted!!!!!!!!!! pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese help
    I haven't tried it yet. but i will post once i do. forumreader, was this how you changed your firmware?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1234
    this is what i found after a long search http://www.my-symbian.com/forum/view...=asc&start=120

the user writes:

However, you should also make note of this user who ran into an error after following that process.

I haven't tried it yet. but i will post once i do. forumreader, was this how you changed your firmware?
    Hehe, if you looked at forumreader's post, he referenced those exact instructions you just posted.

But thanks for the new info about that error the one person ran into. I'll be updating my firmware either tomorrow or the next day. Hopefully everything goes smooth.

Device(s)
    Whatever shows up in the mail
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yup, that was exactly how I updated/changed my cda. The whole thing was very simple. I was so glad to discover that the world generic finally suppressed the camera sound as well. I hate it that someone somewhere decided that all cell phones should make a stupid noise every time you snap a picture. I have owned several digital cameras (stand alone) and none of them have ever forced me to have a fake camera shutter noise. So, if that bugs you, like it did me, do not hesitate to change your cda and update your firmware!

Hope all goes well if you decide to make the change.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by forumreader
    Yup, that was exactly how I updated/changed my cda. The whole thing was very simple. I was so glad to discover that the world generic finally suppressed the camera sound as well. I hate it that someone somewhere decided that all cell phones should make a stupid noise every time you snap a picture. I have owned several digital cameras (stand alone) and none of them have ever forced me to have a fake camera shutter noise. So, if that bugs you, like it did me, do not hesitate to change your cda and update your firmware!

Hope all goes well if you decide to make the change.
    Good to know! Thanks for that info. The camera shutter sound is really annoying, and I'm glad it can be disabled in the world generic fw. Can't wait to update lol.

Device(s)
    P990i, P910i, 6260, 6600, 3595, t68i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (USA)
    Feedback Score
    quick question, where are we able to download xs++ 2.2? or is that not allowed in this forum?

Device(s)
    SE K750i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    check your pm primaryone.

have any of you guys noticed how fast the battery drops right after charge? it was at 100%, i updated the firmware to GW1 and right after I noticed the battery was at 89%. that's a full 11% drop in 30 minutes.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

have any of you guys noticed how fast the battery drops right after charge? it was at 100%, i updated the firmware to GW1 and right after I noticed the battery was at 89%. that's a full 11% drop in 30 minutes.
    Interesting. I haven't updated yet...still lol. But I thought that updating the firmware should increase battery life if anything. This makes me kind of think twice before updating...

Device(s)
    SE K750i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    it looks like the drain was caused by the update. i was using it last night for about an hour on wifi and flight mode and the battery only droppped 2%. i noticed that the GW1 is a lot faster than my Middle Eastern Generic firmware that came with the phone. the Middle Eastern firmware was the same revision as the new GW1.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    it looks like the drain was caused by the update. i was using it last night for about an hour on wifi and flight mode and the battery only droppped 2%. i noticed that the GW1 is a lot faster than my Middle Eastern Generic firmware that came with the phone. the Middle Eastern firmware was the same revision as the new GW1.
    Hmmm....so I can't tell. Has battery life improved, dropped, or stayed about the same? An hour using wifi and only 2% down seems pretty good. But the big initial drop is kind of scary. But I still really feel like either way, it's worth the update if the phone speeds up, and with apparently a new camera interface.

Device(s)
    3gsssssssssssss
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

remembere flashing the phone uses up battery as well...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast