Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: In Pulse Phone on Regular Account

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

In Pulse Phone on Regular Account

is there anything preventing a current verizon customer from buying an In Pulse phone and activating it on their non-prepay account?

Thanks
    More bars in more places: an alcoholic's dream come true.

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-i760
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, you have to use it on a prepaid account for 6 months before you can use it on a regular account.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    well! yet another gsm advantage! i'm trying to replace a broken phone for a friend on verizon and i know for me (on AT&T) you can just use ATT gophones with your sim.

Thanks

Device(s)
    RAZR V3M
    Carrier(s)
    1. Sprint SERO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nave462000
    well! yet another gsm advantage! i'm trying to replace a broken phone for a friend on verizon and i know for me (on AT&T) you can just use ATT gophones with your sim.

Thanks
    If you activate the inpulse phone first on its own, will the ESN swapper let you swap the ESNs, or does the system not allow that for 6 months either?

What if you activated the phone on Page Plus then ported it into Inpulse THEN swapped the ESNs?

Feedback Score
    FYI: My wife just put a new non-activated Inpulse phone on my daughter's line (the second on a family plan) to replace a lost phone prior to the 2 year anniversary for a replacement phone. No problemo.

Device(s)
    LG9400
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by analogman
    FYI: My wife just put a new non-activated Inpulse phone on my daughter's line (the second on a family plan) to replace a lost phone prior to the 2 year anniversary for a replacement phone. No problemo.
    Some prepay esn's are not loaded into vzw database so some inpulse phones "may" be capable of activating on postpay. Most of the time they cannot. analogman, consider your daughter lucky.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What phone did she hook up?
    100th post Aug 22,2007 9:41PM
    200th post Valentine's Day 2008 10:15PM
    500th post July 22,2008 8:16PM
    --
    92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe.
    Put this in your signature if you are part of the 8% who would be laughing.

Feedback Score
    I'm glad to hear that this worked for her. I've heard a lot of people complaining that they were no longer able to do this since since the beginning of September.

Carrier(s)
    Prepaid GSM
    Feedback Score
    I think most Verizon prepay kits print the ESN on the outside of the package. You could try it without opening it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Rogue
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I don't know about luck. But, I've activated 3 V3M's that where bought at walmart since this past christmas.

As soon as I opened them I flashed them all with a V3M monster, activated them one at a time and made sure everything was working. Then, I flashed one of them with the 05 then 07 upgrades. Flashed the other 2 with Vivo. Activated again and everything works great. Kept one for myself and sold the other 2. LOL!!!

Maybe it is luck. If it is I'm glad I got some of it before it ran out.

Device(s)
    Curve 8330 - mine
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For the requirement of being used for 6 months on prepay, does anyone know if the phone actually has to be used or if you can just activate it and let it sit for 6 months?

Currently I do have a prepaid phone on on of our lines but it was put on there before they changed it.

Just a word of caution, I was told that if you have insurance on a line that has a prepaid phone on it, you are wasting your money, insurance won't cover a prepay phone. I wasted almost a year's worth of insurance on a phone that wouldn't have been covered.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by k761110e
    For the requirement of being used for 6 months on prepay, does anyone know if the phone actually has to be used or if you can just activate it and let it sit for 6 months?

Currently I do have a prepaid phone on on of our lines but it was put on there before they changed it.

Just a word of caution, I was told that if you have insurance on a line that has a prepaid phone on it, you are wasting your money, insurance won't cover a prepay phone. I wasted almost a year's worth of insurance on a phone that wouldn't have been covered.
    If that is the case, why/how would VZW allow you to have insurance on a line/account like that? Either they do allow it and should honor it, or they don't, and it shouldn't be possible to add/have it (in which case it was their mistake if you somehow had it, and it would certainly seem like they would owe you some money back for it).

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone have any experience activating any of the new u410's by Samsung on a post paid acct?

my a930 crapped out this week, and I'm looking for a cheap solution to get a new phone.

I have activated inPulse Nokia 2128's and 2366's in the past, but those were well over a year ago.

Device(s)
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luckystreich
    Does anyone have any experience activating any of the new u410's by Samsung on a post paid acct?

my a930 crapped out this week, and I'm looking for a cheap solution to get a new phone.

I have activated inPulse Nokia 2128's and 2366's in the past, but those were well over a year ago.
    No, but you could purchase the phone without opening the packaging and try an ESN swap using the ESN or MEID on the sticker at the bottom of the packaging. If the swap works, open it and charge the phone. If it doesn't work, return it for a refund.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    that's what i'm looking to do, a swap. not activate a new line. I'd hate to buy the phone and go through a return though....

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast