Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nokia N82 VS Nokia N95 VS iPhone

Feedback Score

Nokia N82 VS Nokia N95 VS iPhone

Ok this will be my 4th major phone purchase and I am starting to figure out what I do and don't like about phones. My first purchase was a SE S710, my second was a Blackberry Pearl, and my last was an HTC TyTn. I am looking at the Nokia N82, Nokia N95, and iPhone.

I loved the blackberry pearl, it did everything i wanted and nothing more, the one thing it didnt do that i wanted was videos. The HTC TyTn just has way too much stuff, and I will most likely never go back to a Windows Mobile phone because of it. I have been looking at the N95 a ton lately and am loving it. Someone offered to trade me an N95-1 for my blackberry and tytn, but I turned it down because I would much rather a -2 or -3.

I need a phone that can take videos and pictures, and pretty decent ones. It also needs to have WiFi. It will be for T-Mobile, which shouldn't be a problem because all the phones are unlockable, and if I get an iPhone it will be under 1.1.2 firmware. I love the TV Out thing on the N82. I love the browser on the iPhone, and I love the 5MP camera and slide action on the N95

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The iPhone wont take videos and there are no settings for the camera.
    iPhone XS Max | OnePlus 6
    www.blueearlbrewing.com

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would either go for the N95-2/3 or the N82.

The N82 camera actually is better than the N95 and the N95 also has TV-out.
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Device(s)
    Lumia 800, Iphone 4
    Feedback Score
    If pictures are really important to you get N82 it's absolutely solid phone(build quality too ).N95-2(n95 8GB) performs pretty much the same exept it dosent have xenon and that is rather pig thing or maybe it isnt for you.

"I need a phone that can take videos and pictures, and pretty decent ones."
    Dunno why are you talking about iphone then, but if the above isnt true get iphone
    You cant get enough of the big screen.

Read this!
    http://www.intomobile.com/2007/11/30...-computer.html

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 925
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    N82 has it all

5MP camera with xenon flash.
    640x480 mp4 video recording at 30 fps
    TV-out
    A real 3.5mm headphone jack
    wifi
    uncrippled bluetooth...

The list of things the N82 can do (and what the iPhone cant) can go on for many pages.

Carrier(s)
    Lord Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I vote for an N82 as well.

Device(s)
    WHATEVER WORKS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have had both, the n95-3 and the n82 i also had the iphone and the n95 8gb. Being that you are on tmobile the n82 might be your best bet, that aside the n95-3 or the 8gb has the larger screen and just looks so much better, plus its alot brighter and definitely has the wow factor. The n82 is solid but still has a plastic look hard to explain.I just sold my n82 and kept my n95-3 although i loved the night photos the n95-3 takes ame quality photos throughout the day and the larger screen comes in handy for veiwing videos, pictures, applications emails ect....
    Know The Truth and the Truth will set u free.
    John 8:32

Winner of the 3rd Annual Hofies Awards in the catergories of

"Friendliest s60 Hofo'er"-Gold Medal
    "Most helpful S60 Hofo'er" - Silver Medal
    "Most Interesting S60 Blog From a Member"-Silver Medal

FreeBlaxx!!

Device(s)
    Don't worry about it. I've used everything.
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've been using the N95-3 since October and before that, the N95 classic since it came out in April. I just gave my girlfriend the N82 for Christmas and I am really impressed by it. The only reason I'm not also swapping my -3 for one is because I don't like the keypad and I really like the form factor of the N95. Either of the Nokias will be good for you as a conditioned smartphone user with plenty of features to keep you busy for a long time.

If imaging is the least bit important to you, the iPhone can't compare whatsoever. You can jailbreak it all you want, but you can't install a better camera. Zach at Symbian in Motion just wrote a brief piece about using the iPhone for a week and describing it like "taking a vacation" from using a powerful phone on a regular basis. It's fun while it lasts, but eventually you'll need something with more capabilities that may not be as pretty, but can still get the job done, and faster.

Feedback Score
    Ok thanks for the replies, I am looking for a good deal on an N82 now. Could someone tell me real quick if its possible to take pictures on it without noise. I hate taking pictures and having the shutter sound go off real loud.

Device(s)
    Don't worry about it. I've used everything.
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My girlfriend's Asian version keeps the shutter sound on in all profiles, but you can flash Euro firmware onto it rather easily to get rid of it if you have to.

Device(s)
    Huawei Ascend Mate 7
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd vote for the N82 then the N95-3.

Device(s)
    HTC G1, BB Pearl 8100
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I'd say it is a toss up between n82 and n95 8gb.

I-Phone has it's pros but in the end not enough to beat nokia's phones.

Iphone has got the large screen (great video playback experience) pretty good browser over all. However it requires you to jailbreak jailbreak jailbreak the platform. A lot of restrictions. 2 MP camera with no video recording (you would think this expensive of a phone could record video + have more than just 2 megapixels).

Heres the real battle.

N82 vs the N95 8GB.

N82 has the candy bar form. Xenon flash (great for pictures). And pretty much everything the N95 can do.

But the N95 can do more. It has an accelerometer (allowing you to install rotate me, and other future programs), dedicated Music keys, larger screen, and a nice luxury feel with that piano gloss finish.

The only thing the N95 loses to the N82 is the xenon flash in my opinion.

N95 8gb ftw.

But my advice is to just wait for the next big phone coming out in '08 and either get that next phone or get either nokia's if they have a price drop.

It depends on what kind of photographer you are.

Do you like to take pictures when its dark? or when theres light hehe.

Hard decision though, good luck.

Device(s)
    N86, N82 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=DrPepper1]

But the N95 can do more. It has an accelerometer (allowing you to install rotate me, and other future programs)

N82 has an accelerometer and it has auto rotate program built in. No need for a third party app.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You have no idea what you are talking about.

The n82 has an accelerometer too. It comes with screen rotation set up out of the box. 3g bands aside, it has everything the n95 has, and more. Faster too. Can't forget about that sexy lens switch. I will probably never even get a fingerprint on my lens, let alone a scratch.

But n82 isn't for everyone, neither is the n95. If pictures aren't important, then the n95 is the top choice. But if they are, n82 is the obvious choice.

EDIT: We must of posted at the same time.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    How is the battery life on the N82?
    I wanted the N95 but stayed away because of it... is that fixed on the N82?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast