Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AT&T is pathetic!

Device(s)
    Moto Q9h
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

AT&T is pathetic!

Had the phone for 42 days. Phone started locking up on any app I ran: text messages, editing contacts, blank start menu. The phone is totally messed up. Can't even change the volume of a ringtone without it freezing up. And when it does freeze up, sometimes the 4-color wheel just spins until I take out the battery, sometimes the Q will lock up, sometimes it restarts on it's own. No pattern to this at all. The real problem is with AT&T. When I requested a NEW replacement, not a refurbished replacement, they said that is impossible. I told them I haven't even paid my 1st new plan yet. She said, it's past 30 days and I'll have to accept the refurbished one. I told her, I'm not paying $449 to own a refurbished phone. Then I said, I'm leaving AT&T if they didn't work with me and they basically said...."Good bye". They are forcing the early penalty fee for breaking the 2-year contract. I responded with, the contract was null and void when you sold me a defective device to begin with. I hate to ask if anyone has had any success with receiving a NEW phone for a defective one, if it was not exactly inside the 30-day period.....but, have you?

Device(s)
    i880, i580, i530 (nextel)
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Swap It out then

i have
    If they are so pathetic then Leave and pay the ETF if its that bad

Device(s)
    Moto Q9h
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfreshcuh
    Swap It out then

i have
    If they are so pathetic then Leave and pay the ETF if its that bad
    So you're totally comfortable owning a "used" phone that someone else had, and was worked on because of some issue, although you paid for a new phone to own one. Are you looking to buy a car anytime soon? I hope you won't be paying the cost of a new car, and driving a used car off the lot.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Those are the terms you agreed to when you bought the phone. It is the same policy that 98% of manufactures have.

Quote Originally Posted by mojohio
    So you're totally comfortable owning a "used" phone that someone else had, and was worked on because of some issue, although you paid for a new phone to own one. Are you looking to buy a car anytime soon? I hope you won't be paying the cost of a new car, and driving a used car off the lot.

Device(s)
    Samsung i607
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    at&t may have sold you the phone but Motorola made the phone.. Not at&t's fault Motorola made a lemon, sh** happens.

Device(s)
    Moto Q9h
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Not a difficult move for At&T to just take the phone back and write it off as a defective phone and exchange a new one to me. I don't think that is asking too much of AT&T. I haven't even paid my first bill yet with the new data plan on it. Don't think I asking for something unreasonable.

Device(s)
    Samsung i607
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Not a difficult move for At&T to just take the phone back and write it off as a defective phone and exchange a new one to me. I don't think that is asking too much of AT&T. I haven't even paid my first bill yet with the new data plan on it. Don't think I asking for something unreasonable.
    30 days is 30 days.. If they allowed you to exchange it now where do they draw the line? If it's such a big issue for you to get a refurb then call Motorola and go through their warranty program and they'll just fix your exisiting phone rather than replacing it with a refurb.

Feedback Score
    You might try going into a local store and speaking with a manager. They will sometimes make exceptions, and if you respectfully present your issue to the right manager, you may get an exchange. They don't have to, but I've had a manager allow an exchange when I was a little outside the 30 days so I know it's a possibility.
    I find that believing the universe spontaneously generated, developed self-governing laws, and produced intelligent life all by random, purposeless, material events requires greater faith than I am able to muster.

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 750
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (now at&t) since 2001
    Feedback Score
    I'd imagine everyone would prefer a new phone to getting a refurb when it's replaced under warranty. Unfortunately, carriers and/or manufacturers believe it would cost them too much to do that.

Using your car analogy, think about what happens if something goes wrong with your car during the time it's under warranty. The dealer doesn't just give you a new car of the same model. Why? Because it would cost the dealer/manufacturer too much to do so. Instead, they repair what is wrong and give it back to you. You end up with a working car, but not a new one.

The same logic applies to phone warranty. The only difference is that instead of sending your phone into the "shop" to be repaired and being without one for the time it takes to repair, the carriers replace it with a handset someone else has already set in to be repaired. Someone else will someday get yours once it's fixed. At the end of the day you still end up with a non-new working phone, same as with the car.

Like another poster said, if you'd really prefer to keep your phone, you can always send it in to Moto and wait for them to fix yours. I assume most people don't choose this route because their cost in terms of inconvenience is more than the benefit they get from not having to accept someone else's "used" phone.

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 750 w/ Unbranded WM6
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Orange)
    Feedback Score

That's not always the case. Whenever someone returns a phone, if anything is missing from the box it can't be sold as new even if the phone was never turned on.
    JT

Got Ping?

Have question about a Premier/FAN account? Click Here.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    What does the phone have anything to do with att? Your problem is with Motorola which you are still under 1 year warranty so you should contact them. refurbs are good as new its not like their going to give you a beat up phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone X/8+, Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I had the same problem and I tend to side with you on this one. I didn't win, but fortunately the refurb the sent me had physical damage, so when I called about that they sent me a brand new phone.

Feedback Score
    Several times I have agreed to take a refurb early in the release cycle and they apparently didn't have any and instead they sent a new one.

I've also had refurbs that looked better than my phone it was replacing.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS, Moto Cliq (unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I've had a lot of refurbished phones before, they are not that bad.

You could always take it up with Motorola, they will fix your phone and return it to you under warranty...

Device(s)
    at&t band Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    at&t mobility - more bars in less places...I want more 3G!
    Feedback Score
    I'll come out and say it.

Buddy, your phone isn't new either. It's been used by you...you turn in a used phone, you get back another used phone.

The difference is that the phone you get back is in a new case, works like new, doesn't have your damn scratches or whatever on it, and is warranted for 18 month instead of 12 months.
    Victor
    FAN IRU enterprise shared plan + Smartphone international data Plan +unlimited msg + 2 share lines + Dataconnect Plan + Microcell w/ unlimited calling plan
    at&t band Nexus one / Samsung Jack / Novatel Mifi 2372 on at&t
    CRU Blackberry bold 9700 + BB International Data Plan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast