Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: UTMS/HSDPA Speed

Device(s)
    SE K850i:w910i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

UTMS/HSDPA Speed

I was wondering what speed you guys are getting with your 3G phones. I am using a K850 and max speed Ive done was around 300kbps in LA/OC area. Please post your phone, speed, and area. Thanks
    The moral man looks within; the small-minded man looks to others.

Device(s)
    Nokia n95-4 8gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gok
    I was wondering what speed you guys are getting with your 3G phones. I am using a K850 and max speed Ive done was around 300kbps in LA/OC area. Please post your phone, speed, and area. Thanks
    sorry, im a noob when it come to these things, but where can i test the speed of my phone?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crypto1980
    sorry, im a noob when it come to these things, but where can i test the speed of my phone?
    Speed testing from your phone: http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed

Device(s)
    BB 9810 is primary
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Comparing your speed with someone else is really meaningless. It all depends on the connection, the device. device processor, device memory, your distance to the tower, tower congestions and a couple other variables.

3g speeds range between 400 to 900 kbps with a max of 3,2 mbps. EDGE runs 50-125 kbps with a max of 384 kbps. EVDO also average between 400-900 kbps with a max of 1.2 mbps (Rev 0) and 2.4 (Rev A).

Plus IMHO, there is no really accurate way to measure your device speed on the cell network. It isn't as easy as with DSL or cable.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3gs
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    this is from my air card just now.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ludio, any 3G service up on the way to Yonkers/Westchester yet? Makes no sense AT&T has this gap for over a year now. No 3G until you get to White Plains.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobolito
    Ludio, any 3G service up on the way to Yonkers/Westchester yet? Makes no sense AT&T has this gap for over a year now. No 3G until you get to White Plains.
    Even in Manhattan there are gaps.. ? My phone went from 3g to gprs, to edge to 3g, with a 5 min drive. ATT has to at least finish Manhattan, and possible parts of the adjoining areas.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3gs
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobolito
    No 3g that i have seen I still go dead. Even when I am jersey specificaly newark as I lived there. I can just go a block and coverage strength and quality just drop. This affects indoor strength dramaticaly. Even ATT didn't provide sim access for internal modems on laptops I would have gone srpint or vzw for coverage. just an upgrade path with me hoping ATT gets it together and starts patching up this swiss cheese network and provide quality service before i upgrade to internal modem laptop instead of my 875u attachment.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm in the Philly burbs and get 800+Kbps. They just turned on 3G where I live.

Joe

Device(s)
    BB 8100 PEARL
    Carrier(s)
    CINGULAR
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludio
    this is from my air card just now.
    insane!!! very nice, (I will now dream about 3G in my town...someday)

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DubDub
    Comparing your speed with someone else is really meaningless. It all depends on the connection, the device. device processor, device memory, your distance to the tower, tower congestions and a couple other variables.

3g speeds range between 400 to 900 kbps with a max of 3,2 mbps. EDGE runs 50-125 kbps with a max of 384 kbps. EVDO also average between 400-900 kbps with a max of 1.2 mbps (Rev 0) and 2.4 (Rev A).

Plus IMHO, there is no really accurate way to measure your device speed on the cell network. It isn't as easy as with DSL or cable.
    but there is the test site which is designed specifically to measure from a mobile phone browser and give accurate results. i agree one area does not equate to another area. but at lest you get an idea of what is capable.

that said, i usually get around 900-1100 from speed tests on www.dslreports.com/mspeed.

and there is another site someone just posted yesterday which works even better. www.freespeedtest.com. yesterday it was giving me about 1.2Mbps consistently in SoCal. highest i ever got was 1906Kbps.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Device(s)
    iPhone 3gs
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zephxiii
    insane!!! very nice, (I will now dream about 3G in my town...someday)
    I personally feel latency is too high still. i get similar output from my hotels wifi but latency is much better. makes for a much snappier experience when browsing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludio
    No 3g that i have seen I still go dead. Even when I am jersey specifically Newark as I lived there. I can just go a block and coverage strength and quality just drop. This affects indoor strength dramatically. Even AT&T didn't provide SIM access for internal modems on laptops I would have gone Sprint or VZW for coverage. just an upgrade path with me hoping AT&T gets it together and starts patching up this swiss cheese network and provide quality service before i upgrade to internal modem laptop instead of my 875u attachment.
    1)It wasn't AT&T that made it hard to access the SIM card in your laptop, the manufacturer did. Blame Dell, Sony, or whoever you have.

2) The in-built modems, with barely any exceptions, totally suck. Reception is awful, won't help your "swiss cheese" problem.

3) Spellcheck. Srpint?

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 750 w/ Unbranded WM6
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Orange)
    Feedback Score
    Here's a speed test with my Treo 750 tethered to my laptop with a data cable. I'm in Richmond, Virginia.

JT

Got Ping?

Have question about a Premier/FAN account? Click Here.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast