Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: HBH-DS220 Initial Review Verdict: Love it!

Device(s)
    •—Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    ◄ Fido ►
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down 2 out of 5 stars

Garbage when paired with an N95-3 - used V-Moda earphones with them:
    • Battery life is horrible. With my Sony DR-BT20NX, battery life would last me about 4-6 hours of music playback, with this, it's finished by around 3pm while I'm at work (between meetings etc). It's like I only get a total of 1-1.5hrs of music playback with this thing
    • Re-pairing issues whenever you walk out of range and try to reconnect
    • Worst volume control ever, might as well not have it. You have to hold the 'play/pause' button down and the volume will decrease before increasing - you essentially have to let go of the button at the desired setting.
    • Adjusting the volume on the phone doesn't impact the volume in the headset. Adjusting the volume on the phone with my BT20NX's connected DID impact the volume in the headset so it's obviously a headset thing.

Sorry but these were showstoppers for me. I'm convinced this was never or barely tested with a Nokia N95, it probably provides much better performance with Sony's own products.

I'm selling for $60 CDN if anyone's interested.

Sound quality & mic are decent.

Click here to see the DR-BT20NX: http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProdu...ereo+Bluetooth
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are strictly my own.

Device(s)
    Progressive Black W995a
    Carrier(s)
    PacBell/Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Garbage when paired with an N95-3 - used V-Moda earphones with them:
    • Battery life is horrible. With my Sony DR-BT20NX, battery life would last me about 4-6 hours of music playback, with this, it's finished by around 3pm while I'm at work (between meetings etc). It's like I only get a total of 1-1.5hrs of music playback with this thing
    • Re-pairing issues whenever you walk out of range and try to reconnect
    • Worst volume control ever, might as well not have it. You have to hold the 'play/pause' button down and the volume will decrease before increasing - you essentially have to let go of the button at the desired setting.
    • Adjusting the volume on the phone doesn't impact the volume in the headset. Adjusting the volume on the phone with my BT20NX's connected DID impact the volume in the headset so it's obviously a headset thing.

Sorry but these were showstoppers for me. I'm convinced this was never or barely tested with a Nokia N95, it probably provides much better performance with Sony's own products.

I'm selling for $60 CDN if anyone's interested.

Sound quality & mic are decent.

Click here to see the DR-BT20NX: http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProdu...ereo+Bluetooth
    Thanks for that review. I was seriously contemplating of getting one to pair with my N95-3, but after reading this, I'll pass.

P L E A S E D O N O T C L I C K O N T H E I M A G E A B O V E !

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    im sure this works for any se phone? i have a s500i, looked into se site. doesnt say if it supports or not

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hmmmmm I used to have a p1i and they worked flawlessly, but now that I have the n82, controlling the volume from the n82 does not transfer to the headset. Anyone else have this problem? Do the n95 users encounter this problem?

Device(s)
    Nokia N97
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    the headset had flawless integration with my se k850 and k810. volume buttons on the phones work for the headset.

i noticed when i paired it with the nokia n82, it would beep every now and then, plus the range was definitely not as good. volume button didnt work for the nokia. ive also paired the headset with samsung e840 and u600 and it works fine. which leaves me to believe it might be nokia's bluetooth that might not be fully supported by the headset.
    My Feedback
    128+ Ebay | 58+ Hofo

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It works great with my BlackBerry Curve as well and the volume control on the button does have an effect on the DS220's audio output.

Device(s)
    K850i
    Feedback Score

Some issues...

Although I can stop playback with the music control button on my K850i, I can't play a track even with the media player open in the phone. If I try to play right after they pair, I'll get a brief deep tone from the headset then if I try again, I get a pair of different toned beeps, then it pretty much locks up.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Device(s)
    Motorola T720
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Alright all?

I'm a newb to the site but love finding out info on stuff to do with phones and oh HOW I wish I knew about this site before I went and purchased those absolutely awful HBH-DS970's.

Now then, from what i've gathered from the original poster on this topic, the HBH-DS220's do in fact output a noticeable difference when utilizing the equalizer, and it's just the stick you get so that you can use any kind of headphones, correct?

You also stated that you found that the HPM-70's (which I think are the most outstanding walkman headphones to come out since the panasonic shockwaves) to be uncomfortable when using them with the DS220.

How so? Is it because the cord is too short?

Feedback Score
    I have a w880i and the EQ doesnt work with this does anyone have thia and a a100 platform walkman phone can tell me if your EQ works with this?

Device(s)
    C510a, W760i, K850i, K550i,
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T <-- Cingular <-- PacBell PCS ...
    Feedback Score
    Just thought I'd update this thread with my latest usage of the HBH-DS220: Using it with my MacBook Air.

Pairing: Super Simple. You end up with a headset and headphone profile. Since I only want to use it for headphones, I easily removed the headset profile.

I'll update the thread with sound quality and battery life after I have had a chance to use it a bit with my computer.

Device(s)
    Motorola T720
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xxchrno
    im sure this works for any se phone? i have a s500i, looked into se site. doesnt say if it supports or not

If you want them, I'd take a chance. Because I read a compatibility list on the sony site for another pair of bluetooth stereo headphones. Two phones that I had were not on the list. Yet the headphones (HBH DS970's to be exact) worked with both of them.

Device(s)
    Motorola T720
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I think i'll try the DS200's. 220's are a tad expensive for me. So long as they work better than the DS970s i'll be happy.

They must feel a bit strange though with the small cord of the HPM-70's. They're fantastic headphones though. Quality bass and sound so i'm hoping they'll sound the same as you said with the DS 200's/220's.

Feedback Score
    there's a volume control on the ds220????????????????

Device(s)
    C510a, W760i, K850i, K550i,
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T <-- Cingular <-- PacBell PCS ...
    Feedback Score
    Yes. Both manual, as well as the automatic feature.

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlin_me
    there's a volume control on the ds220????????????????

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Using with Noise Cancelling Headphones

[QUOTE=Paco]One of the main reasons I bought it. When I fly, I can use my noise reducing headphones with it. Awesome.

Hey Paco,

Curious if you are still using this device and how you still like it? I saw in one of your posts that you would use it with your noise canceling headphones when flying, curious how well that sounded. Being able to swap out the headphones/buds I want is a big selling point for this unit, but curious how the quality was on those noise cancelling headphones. I've had the Bose Quiet Comfort vs 1 since they came out, never leave home without them when traveling.

So any feed back on that or other similar units you may have looked at would be appreciated.

Thanks .... Doug.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast