Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: HBH-DS220 Initial Review Verdict: Love it!

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson C905 Cyber-shot (Copper) w/8GB M2 Card
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    And the red K810i...

Device(s)
    3gsssssssssssss
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    the 970 doesn't compare at all.. the ds-200 is solid with virtually no break up...98% of the time...

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I just got a HBH-DS220 myself today, and yes it is amazing. Great reception and sound quality, the only missing thing is prev/next buttons.

One real gripe I have is with the included HPM-70 headphones, they're uncomfortable to use. I've already got a pair of Sony MDR-E888SP headphones coming to replace them.

Device(s)
    C510a, W760i, K850i, K550i,
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T <-- Cingular <-- PacBell PCS ...
    Feedback Score
    It really is a matter of personal fit with headphones. I've tried my friend's expensive shure headphones and they are so uncomfortable for me. But the HPM-70's fit me great!

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePud
    I just got a HBH-DS220 myself today, and yes it is amazing. Great reception and sound quality, the only missing thing is prev/next buttons.

One real gripe I have is with the included HPM-70 headphones, they're uncomfortable to use. I've already got a pair of Sony MDR-E888SP headphones coming to replace them.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    So another cool feature: a low battery warning message is displayed on the phone's screen. Neat.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile MDA
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I picked one up this weekend and WOW. I'm really impressed. I had previously discovered the Jabra bt3030 and though that it would be the best to find, but its volume level was really low when paired with a Samsung P2 mp3 player. Not only does the D220 sound better, the volume level is as high as as if the phones were plugged into the player. I will ignore the lack of playback control since the sound quality is so good.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can this be used while it is charging?

I tried something similar from another company that wouldn't operate while it was being charged.

I'm looking for something like this that I can use to stream audio from my phone to my car radio via it's AUX IN jack. I want something that I can leave plugged into the cigarette lighter "jack" for power so that I don't have to remember to take it in the house from time to time to charge it back up.

Thanks!
    Gordon

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Already answered in the third post. Yes.

Device(s)
    Nokia N97
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    i had the ds200 a while ago too, and have used it with the k550, e840 and now the k850... why the iphone does not have a2dp, i have no idea... its such a convenient feature and really is a deal breaker for me along with wifi from now on...

i tried plugging it into a casette adapter to play music in my car, sound quality is awesome, plus there isnt as much interference vs using an fm transmitter for example. And whats even better, u can use your own headphones with this thing, the hpm-70s are awesome as is, but the freedom to use ur own headset is great. Highly recommended bt headset
    My Feedback
    128+ Ebay | 58+ Hofo

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    One of the main reasons I bought it. When I fly, I can use my noise reducing headphones with it. Awesome.

I'm curious to see how the DS205's are. Anyone know when they are due out? I'm not sure what info is displayed on the screen. It'll be interesting to see how it compares with the 220 in terms of battery life, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GT-[R]
    ... And whats even better, u can use your own headphones with this thing, the hpm-70s are awesome as is, but the freedom to use ur own headset is great...

Device(s)
    Xperia Mini Pro (SK17a)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco
    ... I'm curious to see how the DS205's are. Anyone know when they are due out? I'm not sure what info is displayed on the screen. It'll be interesting to see how it compares with the 220 in terms of battery life, etc.
    According to MobileCityOnline it's expected on May 1.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile MDA
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco
    One of the main reasons I bought it. When I fly, I can use my noise reducing headphones with it. Awesome.

I'm curious to see how the DS205's are. Anyone know when they are due out? I'm not sure what info is displayed on the screen. It'll be interesting to see how it compares with the 220 in terms of battery life, etc.
    I suspect the screen will only display song info with SE music phones. Other than that, it appears to just have a newer radio, but it doesn't seem to have additional music controls. Doesn't seem to anything more than an insignificant upgrade to the 220 for those that already have the 220.

Device(s)
    Nokia N97
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    hmm how much battery life are you guys getting with the ds220? i got about 4-5 hrs of music playback, plus about... 30min or so of talking on the phone before it completely crapped out on me, didnt last a full work day

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GT-[R]
    hmm how much battery life are you guys getting with the ds220? i got about 4-5 hrs of music playback, plus about... 30min or so of talking on the phone before it completely crapped out on me, didnt last a full work day
    I noticed the same thing on my HBH-DS970 as well. roughly about 40mins of continuos talk time.

I'm wondering if 2 full drains and charges will improve this?
    Formerly: Prom1, now I'm Supa_Fly!!
    My Feedback

Device(s)
    T-Mobile MDA
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I haven't played it enough to completely drain it before recharging.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast