Thread: nextel with southernlinc

Feedback Score

nextel with southernlinc

I've searched and searched and found nothing close to what I want to do. I talked with a tech from moto when I had warranty issues and Ask if there was a way for nextel customers to PTT southernlinc customers. His answer was " not for the casual user and couldn't tell me anymore. Does anyone have an answer? there are more southernlinc customers around here than nextel but nextel has better signal where I live.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8830 World
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint Nextel
    Feedback Score
    No, you can not PTT them.

Device(s)
    8350i,i930
    Carrier(s)
    nextel/t-mobile togo
    Feedback Score
    why not you should be able to as long as they have a churp number.its kinda like saying ppl wit nextel cant churp ppl with boost

Device(s)
    EVO
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The networks are NOT linked. And i think that they are at an earlier Software Revision than the Nextel iDEN network which is mostly at SR15 right now.

Device(s)
    MIRS Silver i880
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC,
    Feedback Score
    Nextel customers cannot "Chirp" SouthernLINC customers and vice versa. I carry a handset from both providers daily. Solinc signal kicks Nextel's butt where I live. If I could "Chirp" Nextel customers from my Solinc, no way would I carrry 2 phones.

Device(s)
    ic902
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint/Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrome_1
    why not you should be able to as long as they have a churp number.its kinda like saying ppl wit nextel cant churp ppl with boost
    Actually it's nothing like that. Nextel and Boost are one in the same Network (company) where Nextel and Southernlinc are two separate companies and networks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cotjocky
    Nextel customers cannot "Chirp" SouthernLINC customers and vice versa. I carry a handset from both providers daily. Solinc signal kicks Nextel's butt where I live. If I could "Chirp" Nextel customers from my Solinc, no way would I carrry 2 phones.
    wow i actually didn't know that

Feedback Score

ahh

Ok well thanks. I guess I'll have to stick to the ole dial a number method. Its gotten to the point that my wife is the only one on nextel anymore. Mostly alltel customers around here but they don't make a phone that can handle me. I love my I580 I motorola will ever send it back. the screen went blank on me..... 3 months after it got run over by an f150 in my yard. Shhh don't tell them that!