Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Iphone vs. Tilt?

Carrier(s)
    Lord Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I've used the Iphone, and frankly speaking, it's idiot-proof, so yea, gota hand it a +1 for Ease of Use, but WM interface is not as complicated as people make it seem to be, if you know how to look at the icon, and read it, you'll know how to navigate thru the menus. I found WM6 to be quite pleasant to the eyes as well with it's semi-GUI lift.

Device(s)
    Pearl 8100
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I currently have a windows mobile phone. I am curious does the iphone allow many websites and have flash player ? Does the tilt have it too?

Carrier(s)
    Lord Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I'm going to reiterate whats already been mentioned. The tilt has everything the Iphone does, and more.

Device(s)
    Samsung i8910
    Carrier(s)
    Anything GSM
    Feedback Score
    There is a workaround for the WM side of things, but the iPhone does not have it yet. The only device that does it out of the box is the N810, but its not a phone...

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    iphone does not have flash.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Device(s)
    Apple I Phone
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I've used both Pocket IE and Safari on the Iphone, and I must say that a fully functional (for the most part) web browser in my pocket is worth the $400 alone. Pocket IE is a joke in my opinion. I do think its an outrage that Steve Jobs locked down all aspects of the OS. The bluetooth situation is pretty lame. Google Maps runs so smoothly on the Iphone, but the GPS functionality of its WM counterpart wins out. Plus my slingbox has seen much less use since I went with Iphone. I can almost predict that apple is going to nickel and dime me on placeshifting TV, and 3rd party apps. If you want the best internet browsing and email apps in your pocket than apple is the way to go. If you are a tinkerer than stick with WM

Device(s)
    Current: White I9100
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cipher242
    I've used both Pocket IE and Safari on the Iphone, and I must say that a fully functional (for the most part) web browser in my pocket is worth the $400 alone.
    Wow. I'll sell you one for $350. It's called Opera Mobile

Google Maps works the same way on WM.

Windows Mobile has worked fine for tens of millions of users, and I doubt they're all "tinkerers".

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyfan23
    Wow. I'll sell you one for $350. It's called Opera Mobile

Google Maps works the same way on WM.

Windows Mobile has worked fine for tens of millions of users, and I doubt they're all "tinkerers".
    My definition of "works fine" is "not quite frustrating enough to make me spend another $300 and hoping the next phone is easier". I don't really consider constantly switching views in PIE to be working fine. What is your definition?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by t-bone-t
    My definition of "works fine" is "not quite frustrating enough to make me spend another $300 and hoping the next phone is easier". I don't really consider constantly switching views in PIE to be working fine. What is your definition?
    Works fine means it does what you expect it to. I never have to switch views in PIE or Opera Mobile. It really is cute that you think you know what you're talking about

Device(s)
    Samsung i8910
    Carrier(s)
    Anything GSM
    Feedback Score
    It seems like all iPhone users have on their sides is the browser... Thats it. Multitouch, self-rotating screens are not features, they are forms of navigation. Imagine if the iPhone never had any kind of publicity. There would be no way people would know how to navigate the the next photo if all they see is the picture... And no arrows!. The self rotating screen is a gimmick and very annoying, CoverFlow is a joke. The battery life is a joke. The only redeeming factors of the iPhone is the web browser, and even then, it's hampered by the mega low-rez screen, and the inability to play The simplest of things...GIFs!!!!!

I don't mean to be rude (or maybe I do), but iPhone users have to be told that this device is not neccessarily the best device in the world, even though I am one myself. It doesn't even come close. The iPhone is the hardest to use device I have ever owned!!!

EDIT: Ok, not the hardest, but certainly the most annoying.
    Last edited by dimsum05; 11-27-2007 at 11:42 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4[S]
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular(#1) Verizon(crap) Tmobile(#2)
    Feedback Score
    Works fine means it does what you expect it to. I never have to switch views in PIE or Opera Mobile. It really is cute that you think you know what you're talking about
    Oh please. As advanced as opera & IE have become I'll be the first to admit, hold them side to side with the iPhones browser. It's no competition. Seriously.

edit.. how the hell did that advertisement get on the side of my post? Is it the hofo site advertisements?

Device(s)
    Samsung i8910
    Carrier(s)
    Anything GSM
    Feedback Score
    As much as I don't like iPhone praise, comparing PIE to anything is unreasonable.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    sprint sero
    Feedback Score
    As others have pointed out.
    If you are going to web browse listen to music or watch preloaded movies I think the I phone has the upper hand. Thats about where it ends though

If you are going to use the tilt or other WM6 phone for web it will not be as good but with Opera mobile it gets pretty close.
    After that there is no contest between the two as to features and applications available.
    Windows mobile allows for
    Streaming live tv via slingbox or other 3rd party app.
    A million and one software applications by third parties. This means for work or play there are often apps developed for what u need.
    3g data speeds
    ETC ETC ETC

I have played with both extensively and could have purchased either one as I was off K. I ended up with the HTC touch WM6 do to all the options available

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeL
    Oh please. As advanced as opera & IE have become I'll be the first to admit, hold them side to side with the iPhones browser. It's no competition. Seriously.
    How so? I've done it before with Opera and the page looked the same. There are 2 different Opera variants, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by dimsum05
    As much as I don't like iPhone praise, comparing PIE to anything is unreasonable.
    I didn't compare it to anything, but it's not some crappy WAP browser like iPhone users make it out to be. Safari is better than PIE, but Opera Mobile is comparable to Safari.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I didn't compare it to anything, but it's not some crappy WAP browser like iPhone users make it out to be.
    It isn't a crappy WAP browser but it is a crappy browser. I had a PDA before I got the iPhone and I hated PIE. Some sites were very readable in one view, others looked like crap in that same view. Flash support was marginal at best.

Quote Originally Posted by dimsum05
    Imagine if the iPhone never had any kind of publicity. There would be no way people would know how to navigate the the next photo if all they see is the picture... And no arrows!.
    Imagine if Windows didn't have a huge market share, no one would know to tap the Windows logo! Oops! I dropped my stylus, rendering my OS almost completely useless until I get another one!

I don't mean to be rude, but people are stupid. Even if you tell them their iPhone isn't necessarily the best phone in the world, they won't believe you no matter what you say. All I know is the iPhone is the best phone for me. There are lots of expensive phones that do more, but I don't want to spend time learning them and figuring out workarounds.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast