Thread: Cellone/Dobson Data for iPhone?

Device(s)
    Old Skool Moto 120e
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Cellone/Dobson Data for iPhone?

Ok so I'm making the switch from VZW to GSM and until the 9th, I have the opportunity to get a killer CellOne plan with my unnlocked iPhone and be grandfathered in with it (cough unlimited minutes cough) I had a cool informed rep suggest that the $30 BlackBerry plan was the one that works with the iPhone and I'm just wondering if this is true or if I could pay half that and hop on with the signalink plan for only $15! Thanks guys!

Device(s)
    Old Skool Moto 120e
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Another thought, (debating whether to go with CellOne and get in now, or get AT&T)Does anyone have any experience with iPhone's visual voicemail on the CellOne network?

Device(s)
    at&t/HTC Tilt/TyTyn II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It won't work. Thats an at&t only feature. Once at&t begins selling it services and such here after Dec 9th you may be able to access that feature on your iPhone, but I am unsure of that since your iPhone is unlocked.
    VERIZON DSL SUCKS!! Took 3 weeks to turn on and still didn't work correctly til today making it 4 weeks! Now the issue is this: keep Verizon and use the 2 months of free service or stop the hassle of paying for DSL and a phone line Verizon charges by the min to use and get cable TV and internet through Comcast. Same 6 month price for internet ($19.99) just the addition of TV and a set top box that I will use compared to phone line I don't use. Any suggestions is appreciated through PM.

Device(s)
    Nokia E90
    Carrier(s)
    Dobson/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You shouldn't have any problem using the Signal Link unlimited ($15 plan) and I'd stick with CellOne right now, thats what I'm going to do, as AT&T doesn't have an unlimited plan, and I'll be very interested to know if the Statewide unlimited plans ($60 in Alaska, $50 down south) become nationwide unlimited plans.

This is because if you read the fine print on the dobson unlimited plan, it states that it's unlimited in the State AND in the dobson home areas... As soon as AT&T clicks dobson over to their network, isn't the Nation your home area?

I'll be interested to see how they handle that. I'm sure they will be doing their best to try to switch Dobson customers over to AT&T crap plans as soon as they can and get you to sign up for two years by providing you with a Crappy locked AT&T phone.

TheFixer
    --Never buy a Carrier Locked Phone! Buy Unlocked! Never Agree to 2 year contracts!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thefixer
    I'll be interested to see how they handle that. I'm sure they will be doing their best to try to switch Dobson customers over to AT&T crap plans as soon as they can and get you to sign up for two years by providing you with a Crappy locked AT&T phone.
    AT&T will likely honor existing rate plans and features of current Dobson customers as they have done in the past aquistitions. Which means you get to keep your existing plan/feature for as long as you don't upgrade your phone or want to make significant rate plan changes. E.g. Statewide plan will remain as such until decide to migrate, and as such the former Cingular Wireless honored my Statewide plan from when I was a Pacific Bell Wireless customer.

Any remaining Dobson TDMA customers won't fare too well.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Just an FYI, no one is being allowed to activate any new service with Dobson.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by holaDude
    One of our stores made the jump a week in advance, they already have a covered the CELLULARONE sign with a banner that reads something like "Welcome to the new AT&T".

Device(s)
    Iphone
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by holaDude
    Guess I got mine just in time. I got my CellOne phone 8 days ago.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It looks like you can still sign up through the website. At least the plans and phones are still up.

Device(s)
    BB PEARL!!!
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know how the switch will work? It will be cheaper for us to go ahead and move to an AT&T plan (plus I want the new Pantech Duo) on the 9th. Anyone know how to do this? Is there a certain code you need to enter when placing an order on the website? I talked to CS at both ATT & CellOne yesterday and neither of them knew. Just wondering if anyone had gotten an answer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by culver97
    Does anyone know how the switch will work? It will be cheaper for us to go ahead and move to an AT&T plan (plus I want the new Pantech Duo) on the 9th. Anyone know how to do this? Is there a certain code you need to enter when placing an order on the website? I talked to CS at both ATT & CellOne yesterday and neither of them knew. Just wondering if anyone had gotten an answer.
    I was wondering the same thing. I want to go to my local cellone and get the LG shine and switch to ATT.(on the 9th)Just curious how this is going to work.

Device(s)
    at&t/HTC Tilt/TyTyn II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I want to get something lol I just can't make up my mind. Its nice having lots of choices at the store compared with a few. I just hope I can get the deal I have now or at least paying similar.